No announcement yet.

turbo90accord : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hows the tranny holding up to the abuse? I was kind of looking into a gearing solution myself. On a m2a4 tranny, I'm getting into 5th gear before the 1320; and that's on my low power level and 23.5's

how high are you spinning this sohc?

If you do plan to upgrade the cam, if you have specs on it I might be interested

Formerly 91AccordExR33
    11.68 @ 127mph
    417whp/375wtq
    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by Boost_Lee View Post
      Hows the tranny holding up to the abuse? I was kind of looking into a gearing solution myself. On a m2a4 tranny, I'm getting into 5th gear before the 1320; and that's on my low power level and 23.5's

how high are you spinning this sohc?

If you do plan to upgrade the cam, if you have specs on it I might be interested
      5th gear in the 1/4?!! your loosing nearly a full second in just shifting!

my trans has been beaten to hell, But has NEVER broken anything, no axles nothing. Its the original transmission that came with the car too!

For High power turbo cars like mine that are able to rev out to 8500 rpm you can stay in 3rd gear through the 1/4 mile, but on 23.5" tires you are hitting 8500 right as you are passing through the traps.

I think the one thing that really saves my transmission from track beatings is that i installed the Tilton Flow Control Valve a long time ago. It basically restricts the clutch fluid leaving the slave cylinder forcing your clutch to slip momentarily which in turn helps to absorb massive drive train shock.

That and proper pre-loading of the car at the starting line is key to longevity of a transmission.

I have thought about doing some nice gears, like a ppg or mfactory gearset but im just not prepared to shell out 2-3 grand to replace a trans that seems to work pretty damn good, and i can find f22 trannys for 200 bucks when this one does go south, or rebuild it for a few hundred more with carbon synchros.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
      member ride thread
      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Nice numbers man , I know it sounds way better in person.
        Btw yes your f22 is faster than my H22 lol

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

I freshened up 2 trannys already, a F & H. The gears are still a bitch to slam in! I think our trannys just suck! Period!
          What size tires are you running by the way?
          My current setup is a combo of F & H gears with an H for final drive in a F housing. Sometimes I run out of fourth on 26" slicks...trapping speeds of 129mph on shitty launches. This setup will do 135mph hooking correctly. And with enough power....
          Do you only run throuth 3 gears at 8500rpm?

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
          MRT F22B - 643whp - 529tq @ 30psi
          11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

yea im only going through 3 gears.

member ride thread
            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

thats a great time, considering your doing only 120mph@the finish line

not bad 60ftr, what psi on the slicks?
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                thats a great time, considering your doing only 120mph@the finish line

not bad 60ftr, what psi on the slicks?
                8.5 psi

member ride thread
                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                  5th gear in the 1/4?!! your loosing nearly a full second in just shifting!

my trans has been beaten to hell, But has NEVER broken anything, no axles nothing. Its the original transmission that came with the car too!

For High power turbo cars like mine that are able to rev out to 8500 rpm you can stay in 3rd gear through the 1/4 mile, but on 23.5" tires you are hitting 8500 right as you are passing through the traps.

I think the one thing that really saves my transmission from track beatings is that i installed the Tilton Flow Control Valve a long time ago. It basically restricts the clutch fluid leaving the slave cylinder forcing your clutch to slip momentarily which in turn helps to absorb massive drive train shock.

That and proper pre-loading of the car at the starting line is key to longevity of a transmission.

I have thought about doing some nice gears, like a ppg or mfactory gearset but im just not prepared to shell out 2-3 grand to replace a trans that seems to work pretty damn good, and i can find f22 trannys for 200 bucks when this one does go south, or rebuild it for a few hundred more with carbon synchros.
                  thanks, I've been eyeing the Tilton FCV for years, but never did it. I think my tranny shift fine and quickly, but yes, that extra gear shift sucks. I might just retune and raise the redline since I only spin to 7k/7200. At my power level, the H tranny acceleration feels great. At your power level, probably not so great

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                  11.68 @ 127mph
                  417whp/375wtq
                  Sold: 8/2016

Comment

dude it took me mad long to read this mad probs awsome build
                    My Member Ride --> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...66#post2857666

My For Sale Thread --> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181371

Comment

Originally posted by CB7North View Post
                      dude it took me mad long to read this mad probs awsome build
                      thanks man.

member ride thread
                      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

man your car is a monster!!!!!!! i love how well you did the bay. you get the upmost respect from me on what youve done with your car. so when you gonna do my bay??? jk jk.

Comment

thanks man

member ride thread
                          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

here is how i roll during the week-

member ride thread
                            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

I want one! Nice dude
                              My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

bump because its been almost a year...

member ride thread
                                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

Working...
                                X