nikon d60???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
    I have basically the exact same setup myself (D40, 18-55mm, and 55-200mm VR) and am very pleased with it. It's a great, cheap setup for a beginning photographer and it will take you a while to out grow that setup.

Add a fast prime, such as the 35mm 1.8G, and a more powerful flash, such as the SB-400 or SB-600, and you have a full kit that will serve you well while you learn how to shoot. If you catch the bug, then will have had time to save up money you can put towards more professional gear.

yup..i think i'll be more than happy with a d40/d60 setup...i mean i have a point and shoot now and i like it but it's not "me". i've always been into dslrs but never really had money to buy one til now

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

I have seldom seen a young photographer need a nicer body before his talents and results make him enough money to pay for it. A d40 will be great to start on, and you will probably find it does everything you need it to.

1999 Honda Prelude
      Photography Site

Comment

I have the d60, got it as a package just as you listed for $770 at costco.. carrying case, and those 2 lenses..

I'm not a pro photographer but I like taking pictures. I like it for what I do. I want to learn more but haven't had time.

Id say go for it!

Comment

guess i'm not getting the d60 afterall..after coming up with the money, the bastard sold it out from under me

Comment

but i've been looking at a NEW d3000...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nikon+D3...3000&lp=4&cp=1

what do ya think? thats with the extra VR lens =]

and heres the regular version for $499.99 without any extra lens, and maybe i could find a 55-200mm used somewhere or something and save
            http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nikon+-+...3000&cp=1&lp=1

is the d3000 better WAY! than the d60 i was gonna get can't find much info about their differences
            i know it's a bigger lcd screen to a 3.0", and a scene recognition guide, and i think an 11 point af system...
            Last edited by cvc7chris; 01-16-2010, 05:17 AM.

Comment

You listed any real differences. Its the same old song and dance, is a lil bit bigger lcd and a couple more AF points worth double the cost of a d40?
              Im a broke college student, so the answer is no.

1999 Honda Prelude
              Photography Site

Comment

u can get a D40 for $250? where at?

Comment

http://www.adorama.com/INKD40KR.html

check this out
                  The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
                  Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
                  Check out my JDM F22B swap
                  Watch my CB7 video

Comment

nice find

check this out

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympuse510/

someone offered me an olympus e510 dslr with 3 lens and a telephoto lens it's 10megapixel like the d3000 or d60. but it's olympus though not too sure about that.

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post
                      nice find

check this out

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympuse510/

someone offered me an olympus e510 dslr with 3 lens and a telephoto lens it's 10megapixel like the d3000 or d60. but it's olympus though not too sure about that.
                      I feel like all of these "what camera should I buy" threads ask the same questions:

What brands are good?
                      Do I really need XX.X Megapixels?
                      What do you think about_________ camera?

Why would you think less of Olympus? Olympus cameras are very good cameras, with great optics. Olympus was a top film camera manufacturer before digital. However, it's the same problem you run into with Sony. Your lens choices and the options in focal length and aperture are limited compared to Nikon and Canon. Images out of an Olympus and out of a Nikon on the same level are going to look nearly identical.

You will absolutely not "need" more than 6MP 99% of the time unless you are printing HUGE.

Just buy a d40 and call it a day. If you want to get more serious, you can upgrade your glass. If not, you have a super point and shoot for $350.

1999 Honda Prelude
                      Photography Site

Comment

If you're going to upgrade your camera down the road, I would stick with either Nikon or Canon. Those two companies have far greater lens selection and accessories, so when you do upgrade, you can still use whatever stuff you already have.

I wouldn't get the D3000 if I were you. Do some research, and you'll find that you're not getting much more over the D60 or D40. I personally have the D60 with the kit lens and 35mm f/1.8 and I love it. As an amateur photographer, it does everything I need it to do. The D40 is a great camera, too. Focus more on higher quality glass rather than trying to get the best camera body. However, if you do have the money, I would get the D90.

Comment

Working...
                        X