Warning: eBay user posting illegal cb7 members images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning: eBay user posting illegal cb7 members images

While perusing the ebays a minute ago I came across a listing that had images of other members cars on here. Then I noticed one of them was mine. Most have been altered in some way. The user is jjpmodified. Most postings I saw we're for accord corner lights. I notified both the user and copyright@ebay.com about this and that further legal action would be pursued. This is not ok. Not only do I not want my images illegally used, I do not want my vehicle posted illegally either. I will try to post the names of the users here I know who's images were used. I strongly urge everyone to go and see, and if you are a victim report to the email address I posted. Mods, if there is a better place for this thread, please move it.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
    Traded with: Cb7xChun
    Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
    Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
    My huge For Sale Thread

personally, i would be honored. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
      personally, i would be honored. later.
      I would, had I been asked first.

My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by typeg View Post
        personally, I Would Be Honored. Later.
        X2
        COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by darkfusion42 View Post
          While perusing the eBay a minute ago I came across a listing that had images of other members cars on here. Then I noticed one of them was mine. Most have been altered in some way. The user is jjpmodified. Most postings I saw we're for accord corner lights. I notified both the user and copyright@ebay.com about this and that further legal action would be pursued. This is not OK. Not only do I not want my images illegally used, I do not want my vehicle posted illegally either. I will try to post the names of the users here I know who's images were used. I strongly urge everyone to go and see, and if you are a victim report to the email address I posted. Mods, if there is a better place for this thread, please move it.
          Mine was posted as-well an reported it to E-Bay about 2 weeks ago. Remember they are making profit out of your picture so technically its illegal to use someones pictures and not pay them and/or get permission of the owner.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

i have a question. i thought by posting pics on here you were releasing your rights for these photos to be used through out the interwebs unless otherwise noted?
            visit vgruk

Comment

ive seen that alot in ebay.I dont remember the sellers,items or members cars though.

Comment

My car is on this site with out my permission, and is on ebay as well. I think of it as an honor. The only thing I don't like is that the images they are using are crap. I wrote one guy asking if he could update the page and I would give him a better picture, but he didn't reply.

http://reviews.turbometal.com/honda-...rut-bar-90-93/

Comment

Advertising for cheap eBay crap, I'd be offended too. I've seen a couple CB7T cars on there as well, for lips and those worthless strut bars.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

The issue is copyright infringement. Simply posting your images on an online forum does not release any rights attached to said images. As a photographer, all my images are imbedded with an all rights reserved copyright in the exif data of the image. Using an image posted online and altering it for commercial gain is illegal. I would have no problem if this user had asked me to use my images. But ripping my copyritten images off the Internet and using them without my consent is worth legal action. Period. Seeing other members on here having their images used I thought I would give a heads up, not knowing if they too would not like their images stolen. If they choose to take action is their personal choice.

My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                      My car is on this site with out my permission, and is on ebay as well. I think of it as an honor. The only thing I don't like is that the images they are using are crap. I wrote one guy asking if he could update the page and I would give him a better picture, but he didn't reply.

http://reviews.turbometal.com/honda-...rut-bar-90-93/
                      somone kisck this guys ass. this is not cool! he is using you images without even asking you! fuck him!

tell him to send you some of his crappy shit or your gonna sue him for copyright infringement

none of my images are being used but i am still a little pissed off.

you all have some wicked nice cars and to really nice pics. if someone used my car to advertise their shitty product while i have a nice product from a reputable company then i would sue in a heartbeat. no warning at all.

now im pissed!
                      visit vgruk

Comment

The issue is copyright infringement. Simply posting your images on an online forum does not release any rights attached to said images. As a photographer, all my images are imbedded with an all rights reserved copyright in the exif data of the image. Using an image posted online and altering it for commercial gain is illegal. I would have no problem if this user had asked me to use my images. But ripping my copyritten images off the Internet and using them without my consent is worth legal action. Period. Seeing other members on here having their images used I thought I would give a heads up, not knowing if they too would not like their images stolen. If they choose to take action is their personal choice.
                        Fight them... its BS that people steal photos like this. It's not the fact that it's your car, it's that they are stealing your artistic property (an image you created) and not giving you credit. I had someone steal some regular photos of mine and deleted my watermark by cropping the photo. This was a headache to deal with, but I eventually had my photos removed from their website and advertisements. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
                          somone kisck this guys ass. this is not cool! he is using you images without even asking you! fuck him!

tell him to send you some of his crappy shit or your gonna sue him for copyright infringement

none of my images are being used but i am still a little pissed off.

you all have some wicked nice cars and to really nice pics. if someone used my car to advertise their shitty product while i have a nice product from a reputable company then i would sue in a heartbeat. no warning at all.

now im pissed!
                          He won't even reply to me emails. I'm not going to go see him, too far...

Comment

In this instance, the seller has removed the photos and relisted the product without our vehicle images.

My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

In this instance, the seller has removed the photos and relisted the product without our vehicle images.
                              It's a start, but the fact remains he already earned income using your pictures. But also you have to realize if it's a foreign parts seller you won't get much more than eBay removing postings.
                              My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Working...
                              X