Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love that shot, cb7wagonPL. Very good composition with a realistic pose for the businessman.

On a less business oriented note, my shooting opportunities are getting more exciting day by day. Flogging Molly + Passion Pit concert at the university today. Shit was crazy, first time ever shooting any kind of concert atmosphere. Being outside was TOUGH. Constant changes to the lighting, plus all the non-sense they did with the lights on the stage. I now have a ton of respect for concert photographers. Not an easy job for sure.

PS: Passion Pit's music is lame to listen to day to day but HOT DAMN they put on one good concert! So much energy, it's unreal.

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Thanks Tnwag! Both I and the client were very happy with all the photos.

You lucky SOB, I love Flogging Molly!!! I love all their CDs but many bands sound even better live. For something like that a fast lens is an absolute must. Also, to get fast enough shutter speed crank up your ISO. Sharp shot with some noise is better than a blurry shot. Also use spot metering and not matrix. In a situation like that camera gets confused with all the lights changing and your shutter speed is all over the place.

I shot this one at a dark bar where the stage light were my only source of light.
      Exposure: 0.013 sec (1/80)
      Aperture: f/1.8
      Focal Length: 50 mm shot with 50mm f.18
      ISO Speed: 2500
      The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
      Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
      Check out my JDM F22B swap
      Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Yeah, I understand about wanting to get tack sharp, frozen shots but for the second shot that isn't the vibe I was going for. The lead singer of Passion Pit was a very active singer and I wanted to get a few shots like the one above that showed just how energetic and active he was on stage. Thus, the semi-blurred shot maintaining some focus with the torso and head.

But yeah, fast glass is king in this kind of setting. f/4 was fine until the sun went down then it was just kind of a cluster fuck. Got some really good, sharp shots of the last band even though it was dark, but the majority were garbage. Here's one of the better ones.

Exposure: 0.033 sec (1/30)
        Aperture: f/4.2
        Focal Length: 72 mm
        ISO Speed: 1600

Another important thing to have is a body that can operate at high ISO levels and still maintain low noise levels. The D40 is pitiful at 1600, where as something like even the D90 is much smoother at the same level. Step up to full frame with the D700 and 1600 becomes a level that you don't have to worry about shooting at.

Comment

Here are a few from my sisters prom. No comments on my sister please...

1999 Honda Prelude
          Photography Site

Comment

Love the last one.

Comment

did you throw some light with a warm gel on that back wall bc it does look cool!
              Watch my CB7 video

Comment

The last one was just getting closer to sunset, so that might explain the wall color. The last was my favorite.

1999 Honda Prelude
                Photography Site

Comment

Originally posted by zelseman View Post
                  The last one was just getting closer to sunset, so that might explain the wall color. The last was my favorite.
                  did you used 2 umbrellas on the 2nd shot? i like the 2nd shot.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7'kid View Post
                    did you used 2 umbrellas on the 2nd shot? i like the 2nd shot.
                    Yep, a 430ex and a vivtar 285HV in 33inch shoot throughs.

1999 Honda Prelude
                    Photography Site

Comment

Canon Rebel XSi
                      Kit 18mm lens
                      1/2500 sec
                      f/3.5
                      ISO: 400

Comment

Too centered for me, but I like the idea a lot!

1999 Honda Prelude
                        Photography Site

Comment

Originally posted by zelseman View Post
                          Yep, a 430ex and a vivtar 285HV in 33inch shoot throughs.
                          The eyes often give it away
                          Watch my CB7 video

Comment

These Are A Few Pictures iShot . .

Sony Cyber-Shot 10.1 Mgp , iEventually Want To Jump To A Rebel .

Comments and Suggestions Welcomed.
                            (First 2 Shots Slightly Touched Up Using Flick-r , Auto Fix , Sharpen)

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

i'm actually entering that one in the local fair, it is pretty popular for photographers down here.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Good shot man, love the little bug in there

Comment

Working...
                                X