Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ Woah, nice DOF
    Lens?

Comment

Canon 50mm 1.4 from the looks of it

Most people don't realize that despite what people claim, aperature doesn't always produce the same effect from camera to camera due to sensor size differences.

Alternatively, if one used a 50 mm f/1.4 lens on a full frame sensor, this would produce a depth of field so shallow it would require an aperture of 0.9 on a camera with a 1.6X crop factor-- not possible with consumer lenses!
      http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tut...ensor-size.htm

Originally posted by Maple50175
      Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
        Canon 50mm 1.4 from the looks of it

Most people don't realize that despite what people claim, aperature doesn't always produce the same effect from camera to camera due to sensor size differences.
        Yeap.

I need to sell my 50/f1.8 and get 1.4 -- but firstly H22A swap

Comment

yeah the 5d produces tons more bokeh than my 40d... it actually makes it tricky to get good stuff from time to time. that was the 28 1.8 the 50 1.4 and the 85 1.8

"Tucking tires and wires."
          The Chronicles.

Comment

The Chronicles.

Comment

Your shots always look like cotton candy Chris

Comment

thats so awesome! haha great shot!

The Chronicles.

Comment

Nikon FE with MD-12 and DR-3

A new project I've fallen into, I'm going to try and get this old classic back in working order over the Christmas break. It will mark my first foray into shooting with film.

The first shot of the camera, which at first glance doesn't appear to be in such bad shape. After closer inspection, there are a few glaring problems (such as a filthy mirror).

Comment

im trying to sell my 70-200mm to pick up a siggy 85mm. i cant stop hearing nothing but good things about that siggy so ill see if i can make a tele prime do some work for me. any comment on the siggy 85mm anyone?

Comment

Great lens if that's all the reach you need. I find that for sports it is an awkward focal length (especially on a crop body). I always want to be wider or further zoomed in. Will the 85mm really make a big difference in your photos over the 70-200?

For walkaround and portrait photography it is great. Shooting with it in available light is also wonderful. That's basic stuff that will fit the bill for any manufactuerer's 85mm, I haven't used Sigma's version of the lens, so I can't comment as to it's quality or clarity.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                        Great lens if that's all the reach you need. I find that for sports it is an awkward focal length (especially on a crop body). I always want to be wider or further zoomed in. Will the 85mm really make a big difference in your photos over the 70-200?

For walkaround and portrait photography it is great. Shooting with it in available light is also wonderful. That's basic stuff that will fit the bill for any manufactuerer's 85mm, I haven't used Sigma's version of the lens, so I can't comment as to it's quality or clarity.
                        probably would make a big difference. esp, im addicted to bokeh well 85mm is really 135mm on crop. i used to own a 85mm the canon version sold that one a while back and didnt felt that the FL is weird or anything. i now have a 30mm siggy and adding the 85mm will be fine for me i think.

Comment

I love my Canon 85. Not enough to give up my 70-200 for it, but it is a good range.

1999 Honda Prelude
                          Photography Site

Comment

a few from that one shoot a few weeks back....

edit: the shoot pretty much completed.

Last edited by J-specCb4; 12-07-2010, 08:25 PM.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

heres some on the TSE meet from last night. enjoy!

more to come im gonna go hit the bed now. still didnt go to sleep from last night

Comment

Working...
                                X