Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nail, what camera are you using?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

nail05 - check you white balance when you shoot. in some pics the greens vary from shot to shot. in the last 2 pics it looks as if your car is 2 different colors.
      The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
      Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
      Check out my JDM F22B swap
      Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Yea. I dunno could be my lens isnt consistent. I set both manually and both were taken at diff time of day and location The first pic I took the day before had a lot of foliage coverage while the second actually had an opening for the sun to get in. I dunno if when I was setting the WB since there was so much green around the camera picked it up? I tried setting it a few times and it came up with the same result for the first one. The second one just hit it once and it looked fine. Wierd. Oh well theres always time for an upgrade. Oh yea I got dr pepper on my camera And I am using a canon powershot a80 which is just your normal P&S Camera.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          Oh yea I got dr pepper on my camera
          I'm guessing this would have a lot to do with it. The distortion you're getting is most likely sensor distortion caused by damage to the camera's sensor. It's not just the fact that it was liquid. Sugar and salt crystals from the soda will also cause shorts, as electricity will use them like bridges across circuits that weren't meant to be bridged. It's mainly chromatic aberration that's being caused, as starchland pointed out. As the light changes, the aberration will change, which is what's probably causing the variations in the distortion. I'd recommend either having the camera checked by a shop, or buying a new one if the repair is significantly more than the camera is worth.
          ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
          '93 EX 5-speed coupe
          Short ram intake
          Tenrai Himoto catback
          Smashed front end
          Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

hmm yeah ive never seen a Canon do that...almost looks like your using a crazy fisheye

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

More pics! Took some shots over the weekend..Enjoy!

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Originally posted by Camurai
                I'm guessing this would have a lot to do with it. The distortion you're getting is most likely sensor distortion caused by damage to the camera's sensor. It's not just the fact that it was liquid. Sugar and salt crystals from the soda will also cause shorts, as electricity will use them like bridges across circuits that weren't meant to be bridged. It's mainly chromatic aberration that's being caused, as starchland pointed out. As the light changes, the aberration will change, which is what's probably causing the variations in the distortion. I'd recommend either having the camera checked by a shop, or buying a new one if the repair is significantly more than the camera is worth.
                Sounds about right. I need to tear my camera apart anyway. theres a DIY or somethign on photography on the net to take apart my camera seems easy lol as for cleaning ill see what happens.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

wow ronald, shots 2, 3, and 4 are absolutely amazing! the colors are so eye catching. great job! that last one though, it'd would look 10x better if that flying bird was in focus. but THE PICTURES ARE NICEEEEEEE.

gotta get off my lazy ass and go take pictures. just recieved my canon EW-73B lens hood for my new Canon Zoom Super Wide Angle EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Autofocus Lens. i'll be heading up to Pismo Beach this early saturday for my big brother's offroad meet. should be fun.

edit : how do you get rid of dust spots easily without damaging anything?

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Thanks bro!

Yeah I wish that bird wasn't out of focus...Those little things are quick tho! There's no way my camera would be able to keep up with it haha...

My friend owns a 40D, and I just tried his 17-85mm IS USM lens last weekend...AMAZING!!! I actually took a shot at 0.5 second handheld, and the picture turned out sharp!!! Very quick focusing with that lens as well..Should be fun when you go out and take pics with that lens!

My friend also helped me clean my D80 last week..He just put my camera face down on a tripod and used a blower..Worked wonders! I had so many dust on the sensor it's not even funny hehe but it's all clean now..

Ronald

Comment

There are sensor cleaning kits on the market. Keep in mind that you typically get what you pay for. The more expensive kits are worth the money.

On a side note, anti-shake is one of the reasons I originally bought my Minolta Maxxum 5d. Anti-shake built into the body, so I get the benefit on every single lens that fits on it for no extra cost.
                      ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

'93 EX 5-speed coupe
                      Short ram intake
                      Tenrai Himoto catback
                      Smashed front end

Comment

"NIKON for professional"

A shot of me taking a shot

Taken by my friend (30D, 70-300mm f/4-5.6), edited by me

Ronald R

Comment

hmmm.... a 50mm sounds good right now with the shots taken by cris, i might have bought the worng lens? 17-85mm f/4???
                          So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

well to answer your question 50mm lens is good to have because of the price/quality ratio but dont think you made a bad choice with the 17-85 f/4 - its a nice zoom lens. buy lenses based that best suit YOUR style of shooting
                            The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
                            Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
                            Check out my JDM F22B swap
                            Watch my CB7 video

Comment

im using it more of a walk around lens, rather than pro shooting. i dun really do alot of creative shooting
                              So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

17-85mm f/4 is a great walkaround lens. A 50mm is usually used for two purposes: a beginner/student lens and a fast aperture lens for low light shooting. If you were shooting live concerts without flash, or looking for a really short DOF, you might want to use a 50, but for an everyday lens, the lens you have will work just fine.

Project Deerslayer

'93 EX 5-speed coupe
                                Short ram intake
                                Tenrai Himoto catback
                                Smashed front end

Comment

Working...
                                X