Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have moved this thread to the photography forum...

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
      Thanks guys!!

I just made an official Photoshop thread in the photography forum...i dont know if its going to have to move, be deleted, or need changing but its up.

Basically anything ps related as long as its not NWS. I feel thats what OT is for.

So yea and sorry those pics are so big, i mean i knew they were like 1200x1600 but i didnt wanna ruin quality resizing and this way if you guys wanna take em for a collection or background or to edit or whatever you want go ahead!

Ok so i have a question for the experienced DSLR users....

Seeing my work above, minus PS altering, do you think i am ready to take it to the next step and invest in a DSLR or should i get some more experience with my P&S?!?!

Focusing, lighting and other tricks i learned in the last 2 years doing photoshoots for club members in our car club here.

I feel ready, im eager to apply my tricks and ideas to subjects with a tested and true camera. Ive seen the results of having a quality DSLR and knowing how to use it. NOICE!

So yea just wondering.
      well seeing ur images above doesnt really show whetehr ur ready or not but the images above are really good and well composed... i think u could make the step up to dslr and be very successful.... all it takes is learning settings inside and out..... other than that keeping ur eye to angles and composition.... keep it up mang!

"Tucking tires and wires."
      The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4
        well seeing ur images above doesnt really show whetehr ur ready or not but the images above are really good and well composed... i think u could make the step up to dslr and be very successful.... all it takes is learning settings inside and out..... other than that keeping ur eye to angles and composition.... keep it up mang!
        x2. your pictures are great. i think you are more than ready, i have a dslr and alot of your pictures are better than mine.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Sorry for being picture whore...just trying to learn the camera!

Last edited by Accord R33; 06-07-2007, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
            Sorry for being picture whore...just trying to learn the camera!

looks great, but what's weird about the picture is that one part of the greeen flower is in focus but the rest isn't.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Hmm...you're right. Looking at the picture now, i guess the green bud wasnt a great idea, it would probably be better without it.

anyway, i tried to blur the part that was in focus.

And cropped/sepia. between the cropping and photobuckets compression, the quality went way down.
              Last edited by Accord R33; 06-07-2007, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Hmm...you're right. Looking at the picture now, i guess the green bud wasnt a great idea, it would probably be better without it.

anyway, i tried to blur the part that was in focus.

And cropped. between the cropping and photobuckets compression, the quality went way down.
                looks great, but now you have no center of focus. you have one object in your picture but it's not as abstract as it's not a whole picture. but you learn from trial and error. this was just one mistake, your other pictures are great.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Well here are some of my shots, imagestation resizes. I have no photoshop or photography skills and they are not even close to the photo skillz you guys have, so you can ban me if you want. These are pics from our trip to the Sunshine Coast, BC.

CB3 formerly hondaracer33

Comment

Originally posted by xKingDomeCB7
                    x2. your pictures are great. i think you are more than ready, i have a dslr and alot of your pictures are better than mine.
                    What no way lol

But thanks dude!!

I just try different things....thats what makes digital so nice...you can try whatever you want because your not wasting film

Originally posted by J-specCb4
                    Ya i kinda figured that, but i guess the way i see it is that ive got photoshop down pretty good, now i just need to upgrade the camera and that will start me off better before i get to post processing!!

Woot

Comment

Just picked up the NEW Cybershot W80 7.2mp. Here are a couple random pics, just messin' around.

1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Taken with Sony A100: ISO 80, 1/2500, F/4

Taken with Sony A100: ISO 80, 1/1250, F/4

Taken with Sony A100: ISO 80, 1/80, F/16

Taken with Sony A100: ISO 80, 1/640, F/5.6

More pictures: Click Me !

Tips for this kind of event:
                        - Always know what lenses you are going to use, so that you do not bring unnecessesary items.
                        - Always bring ND (Neutral density) filter or polarizer filter just in case your lens have a fixed f-stop (e.g. minolta 500mm f/8 mirror lens) in a sunny day.
                        - If you are using a telephoto lens, keep in mind that your minimum shutter speed should be equal or greater than your focal length in order to have an unblurry picture (at ISO 100). e.g. Your shutter speed should be equal or greater than 1/200 s if you are shooting with 200mm lens (this is with ISO 100).
                        Last edited by bowzil; 06-16-2007, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Nice! is that NOPI or something?

Comment

Nice! is that NOPI or something?
                            Thanks, It was Falken Drift Showoff in La Marque Texas. I left early because it was too hot. They said that the falken team drifted around 1 hour before the show closed. I was so stupid for leaving early.
                            Last edited by bowzil; 06-10-2007, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Here are my two favorites from my photoshoot earlier yesterday after teh cb got detailed.

I need better spots around here..... i drove around for 40 mins looking for some good shit.

Comment

and another photo of my dudes VC off his D16.

Comment

Working...
                                X