No announcement yet.

The story of your cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all started in 1992 when my dad bought it brand new. Its a 5spd with 257,xxx on orginal clutch and engine its still runin strong. So as the years passed he said it would somday be mine. And i was like i don't want that slow ass shit. So after learning how to drive stick in it and just driving it i fell in love. But 2 days after i got license i got speeding ticket in it. 64 in a 35. thats when i relized that it wasn't that slow.

Comment

ok like 4 years ago i was in 8th grade my older sister just got her license and wanted a car. well they found one it was a 91 cb7(of course) lx with 84000 miles it was the seattle silver 4 door and the burgandy interior. she got it for like 6gs i think. well when she got it she parked it and told me to wash it for her. gggeeezzz did i wash it i spent 4 hours doing everything to it. i fell in love with it just sitting there and chillin.

so then 2 1/2 yrs ago now i get my permit for driving. my older sister gave the car to my mom and my mom gave me her 90 vw jetta with a 94 motor i think (already had a swapped car LOL). so my sis now drives a nissan pathfinder 2001.

so i am 16 with a permit in the summer august of 2001, and my mom says here is the jetta take it and learn how to drive i was like ok. she gives me the keys n says ok dont get CAUGHT WITH THE POLICE. i was like oh shit u letting me drive without a license. n she said of course just dont be stupid. so that day she said go get milk. i was like ok took the jetta n got milk. that was a simple ride.

then school started the next month my junior year (2001-2002) so then i drove the car for like 2 months untill she left to florida for vacaction so i took the cb7 cuz it looked nicer. i fell more inlove just driving it

so when my mom came back i gave her the jetta back n i took the cb7. well i got my license in july of 2002 almost A WHOLE YEAR driving with just a permit in NJ so i had 2gs saved up for a cb7. i only wanted a 92-93 lx or ex no dx and i really wanted the sedan.

well i have been watching one on a local rt in my town for 3 months. never moved. so i went to look for it and liked it. i took the vin # down n carfaxed it. came out good.

so then in august of 2002 my mom left to colombia to visit the family. well the day she left i went to the car and handed the guy 2500 for the car. i had my exgirlfriends dad to take it and drive it to a friends house to store it untill my mom was cool that i bought the car.

so this is how it is my mom said i dont need to buy a car cuz the accord was mine. well i didnt take it cuz it was auto and i wanted a car that i can mod. cuz she said that i cant change stuff cuz it wasnt my car. so i was like wtf forget it i will buy my own car. she said NO and said if i buy it she will return it lol. and then she was like i would never insure it for u so i was like FUCK.

well i had the car at my friends house untill october 4,2002. while it was there before that i practiced driving it in his backyard going rally lol. got up to 5th gear in a circle. it was an accomplishment.
      so my mom found out i got the car becuz i told her in the end of sept that i bought a car without her knowing. she didnt beleive me n i showed her the key.

n she was like oh my gosh. u know so she was like y didnt u tell me u could of been driving it. i dropped my jaw and was like geez. so we got the insurance for it and plates in 10-4-02 so that day i was still a newbie wit stick but i took it to work n stalled out twice.

well here i am now with the same car and been modding it since.

oh yea for u guys that want to know i was never pulled over for driving with my permit or got caught. the farthest i drove with the permit was tannersville, pa to get some clothes at the crossings. lol

and my cars name is jenny. y cuz it was a girl i had a crush on from 8th grade.

i am 18 now gunna turn 19 in may

peace
      mauricio

Comment

I've owned a two '92 Accords, '87 Civic, '87 Accord, '98 Mustang, and a '97 Camaro Z28. But being as this is a CB7 forum....I'll just talk about those. My very first car was a '92 Accord LX that my parents had owned since it was new. By the time they passed it along to me when I turned 16, it was 5 years old with 76K. My little brother ended up totalling it 2 years later, oh sad day. *Fast forward to Dec '01* Being as a heavily modded '97 Z28 doesn't exactly get the best gas milage, and almost every trip to the track resulted in broken parts, I realized I needed a good commuter car. Sooooo.....being as I'm a Honda mechanic, a die-hard Honda loyalist, and as far as Accords go, 4th gens have always been my favorites, the choice was simple...I needed to find another CB7. I looked, and looked, and looked, and I just couldn't find a nice one. All the ones I found were either riced-out, or beat up. Finally, I found "the one". The original owner, an old lady, was selling a mint condition '92 LX with only 60K. Even though I usually only opt for manual transmissions, I just couldn't pass this one up. The only things I've added is an Alpine CD player and '02 Accord SE wheels. Two years have gone by, and I've added 64K more miles to the clock, and she still looks and runs like new.
        Last edited by mrhonda; 04-08-2004, 01:00 AM.
        00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

bought it w/ about ~70k miles back in late 1998 for ~8k cash

private seller in washington

I know it sounds like a lot, but after 4 weeks of searching hard within 2 states this was the only mechanically sound 4th gen w/ decent miles and a basically flawless exterior (of course I brought the paint up to another level through endless hours of detailing throughout the years) I am the 3rd owner and it's a clean title car etc.

It was basically down to either this accord or a dark metallic purple 94 vigor which I loved at the time (and still do love vigors), but the leather upholstry was quickly falling to shambles

I am so damn glad I got the 4th gen...they are forever the sexiest accords ever made, and I am never ever going to sell it, ever. Most likely keep it as a weekend cruiser when I start a family w/the lady (she wants a 350z lol)

My members ride thread

Comment

Bought our 91 SE automatic - Ext: Solaris Silver w/black leather interior from a Honda dealership. They just got it and hadn't even done their standard inspection on it. It had 96,116 miles on it and we paid $6500, which included a timing belt change, all fluids, etc.

The 90 EX manual - Ext: Seattle Silver w/burgundy interior was bought from one of my dad's co-workers who took care of his cars. It had 216,000 miles when we got it. It's been my car ever since.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by Matty B.
              It all started in 1992 when my dad bought it brand new. Its a 5spd with 257,xxx on orginal clutch and engine its still runin strong. So as the years passed he said it would somday be mine. And i was like i don't want that slow ass shit. So after learning how to drive stick in it and just driving it i fell in love. But 2 days after i got license i got speeding ticket in it. 64 in a 35. thats when i relized that it wasn't that slow.
              Never under estimate the power of a CB7 man

oh yeah since everyone here was paying for their cars I got mine for free! Except I've put about 1500 to keep up...
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

How I Ended Up with the CB7 I Have Today

This is not a "mommy and daddy bought me my car" story...

Once upon a time way back in 1999 (like thats really long ago, but I've owned cars older than some of the people on this site, I'm sure), I was in need of transportation. I found a nice 1990 EX coupe w/98K for sale at a local Honda dealership. I'm usually against purchasing used cars at a dealership, just because they usually end up raping you on the price and financing, and they're such a hassle to deal with. Regardless, I needed something reliable so I did the 3 hour talk-down of the price of the car from their asking price of $5995 to $4400 (that's just over 25% so I thought I did well), took out a loan and I was good, made my payments (at 15.9%...yuck), did the clear front lenses, flowmaster muffler, etc.

Until... *insert 'grandma just died in a sappy chick flick music' here*

On Jan 21 of 2001, I was sitting at an traffic light left turn lane second car back, when the Renegade in front of me stops in the middle of the insection, missing the green light and arrow (it was now red), throws the Jeep into reverse, comes flying back, and impales my car on his trailer hitch. Not a scratch on the Jeep, but the insurance adjuster declared my car totalled (I went to the towing yard to get my stereo and half-stripped the car of anything small I could sell on eBay). The insurance company cut me a check for $5200, which was more than what I paid for the car.

It was now Feb of 2001 and I was again in need of transportation (our 2nd car, a 1988 Volvo 240 had been stolen and wrecked just before Thanksgiving). At the same dealership I bought the 90 EX from, my wife and I laid eyes upon 3 cars that caught our eye, number one being a 1994 EX coupe in black with woodgrain dash/doors but cloth interior for $7995 with 100k on it. My wife liked the car and were going to go in the next day to 'do business' with the dealership. We got there about noon and they had already sold the car an hour or so before- frustrating as hell.

We saw 2 others we liked there and test drove them. One was a 94 Altima with leather, HUD speedo, badass stereo, the works and only 40k on it for $9995 (too much), and the other car was a 1993 10th Anniversary Edition in Frost White with 71K hiding in the corner behind a bunch of newly arrived CRVs. We took the car for a test and were pleased. The asking price for it was $8995. We took it to be checked out at a local shop that we trust and they found all the brake pads needed replacing as well as the rotors, the radiator had a crack on the top of the tank, and the oil pan gasket was leaking. We went back to the dealer and said what we found wrong with the car and tried to talk him down to the going rate for a car with that mileage and condition, which was $7250. We settled on an even $8000, tt&l, out the door with financing, and getting the vehicle's problems repaired by them. They were even nice enough to replace one of the six spoke alloy rims that had clearcoat flaking off of it...keep in mind that this was a Honda dealership that did this. We paid off the car in a year (goings were tight, but dammit we wanted the car paid off) and have happily had it ever since.

*insert 'happy ending music' here*

I think the next car we are going to get is going to be a late 90s Volvo turbo wagon. We have 2 girls, so function must come over form, and we refuse to buy a minivan or SUV.

In my sig is a pic of the 93 10AE.
                Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

How the projek began

My fam has always been a honda driving family since the 83 civic. That civic lasted up till about 90 cuz my mom ran it in the dirt. So my parents bought a 91 brown accord lx. It was nice, but for some reason they traded it for a 93 arcadia green lx. Its been in the family ever since. I always knew it'd be mine. I used to drive it in high school and all my friends loved it.

So it finally became mine 2 years ago, and within those 2 years it has seen new rims, suspension, engine swap, and countless radios. Some guy asked me how much I would sell it for this past weekend. I had to let him know, It will never be for sale!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... DOHC

Comment

Bought my baby about 4 yrs ago, right when i started college. I had just sold my high 14sec Nissan Maxima b/c of tranny problems and needed a car to commute back and forth to college in as well as travel to boston every month. My neighbors ( a very young family jsut starting out) had just bought a 6th gen and had their 92 coupe for sale. Now, i wasn't really into it at first b/c it was auto and i had always had manuals and i loved banging gears. After test driving it one autumn morning i was in love.

The lady was friends with my mom, and it had a dented driver side fender and a cracked windshield so i got it for 2k. This was the best purchase i ever made, and consider it an investment. She has served me well because i treat her well :-)

P.S.: cpmike, you are maaaaad stalkerish
                    http--www.teckademics.com-media-tst_steirle.jpg

Comment

Served you well eh? Just what did you do to treat her right jk
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

This was a fun blast from the past. Lot of old names and memories in here, and some cool stories about people finding their CB7s!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Should we bring it back to life? I love seeing how many OGs from this thread are still active on here.
                          *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                          ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                          ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                          "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                          The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                          Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

I'll add to this old thread. :P

I started my search months prior. with no job, but I was determined to get my car. I landed a security job, started saving up. I found a few for sale pretty cheap, when I had 700,grandma died and I just gave mom the money so she can fly to Puerto rico for the burial stuff.

I was back at zero. started saving up again. around early july 2012, I had 12 window tabs open of CBs. Come july 20th I narrowed it down to 2. both were 1500, both had fogs, both had clean quarters. one automatic and one standard. but they didn't have AC, that turned me away, but I figure ill just fix it.

July 23rd I was going to check out one of the CBs, I opened craigslist up again, did a search and I found my current one. it was love at first sight. I called the dude up and told him ill be there the next day.

I called the whole world and no one can come with me to check the car out. I ended up calling mom, she came with me, we took the train, walked 30minutes and as I neared the destination my heart started pumping. I turned the corner and onto a auto repair shop lot and there she was all by herself. " for sale " and specs written allover her windows.

I tossed the guy 1500 (folded into rubberbands) and told him ill take it. Mom said lets test drive it.

she drove smooth, I was smiling hard.I knew I wanted it. I ended up buying her. I didn't know how to drive standard so mom drove it home.

for 1500 - I bought a 1992 Honda accord ex sedan. No fogs. rust. some bubbles. no AC, engine smoked ( guess the guy did a minor fix so it wont show up on the test run), and had a bad wheel bearing, a bad BMC...yeah.... I do wonder what happen to those clean CBs I happily tossed aside.

to this day, She has a swapped healthy F22a6, Fogs, and some extra goodies.
                            15 oil pans later. a crap ton of axles. a snow boulder crushing her right front, and ton load of pullovers.. she treats me great.

I call her Christine. named after the old movie which was called " Christine. ". Bought her officially july 24th ( idiot seller screwed up on title, had to return the next day to register her and drive her home)
                            Last edited by Turbo617; 07-01-2014, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Growing up my dad bought a 1991 Accord when I was 4 or 5. So I grew up riding in a Honda Accord most of the time. I ended up owning several other Accords until I eventually acquired the one I have now.

I had been in a car accident in March of 2010. Lost almost everything I owned. I lost my only car due to the wreck and my job because I could no longer work. I lost my apartment and most of my belongings, my '95 Suzuki Katana along with everything else in my storage building. I had to move in with my girlfriends parents who had to drive me to my doctors appointments for 6 months while I was almost completely bedridden. I about lost my right leg and was having problems with blood clots. And I was in a ton of debt due to medical bills.

It was October of 2010 when my Dad called me and said he had bought a car he'd sell me for $500 and to pay him when I could. About 2 weeks later I was able to start using crutches and begin to fix the issues with it as I could. I got it road worthy in a few days and have drove it ever since. It was the main thing that helped me get my life somewhat put back together. It had 180K on it then and has 250k on it now.

Comment

I posted in this thread 10 years ago!.

I'm coming up on 7 years w/o it too. It's crazy to think how long ago that felt...yet it's all so fresh.

Part of me still grumbles I didn't get a chance to buy that black on black Integra...

Comment

Working...
                                X