Junk Yard Raid FAIL!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junk Yard Raid FAIL!!!!

So, i went to the Pick-a part close to where i live with the sole intention of getting a older Prelude steering wheel, got to the yard and nothing then i checked the other two LKQ and nothing, so i basically went and lost a whole day just to come home empty handed. I did find a sedan with manual windows of which i was planning on removing the panels but some Putz had torn the driver side and i opted for not getting them since it was the first time i had ever seen a brown color interior, the fabric was so faded by the sun that it looked tan which would of went with my tan interior and would of saved me having to ditch evrything to change interior color.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Junkyards are getting to the point where very few things of use to CB7 owners are available, it seems. The old Hondas are getting rarer!

Comment

There were plenty CB's in there but since i did the rear doors to manual i did not realize that the tan interior i have only came in SE models and in power windows. What i should do is just get the rear manual panels and use vinyl paint to match the rest of the tan interior. I was surprised that i did not see any old civics, preludes or Pre CB accords though. I did score a CL rear sway bar for $13 last week, it just freaking hit me that i could of removed the front hubs for a ROH convertion, what an idiot

Comment

Leather interior? Yeah, SE only for anything leather (unless it was a dealer option). You'll never find manual leather door panels.
        Actually, I'm not sure any DX models came with a tan cloth interior, now that I think about it. The colors that came with tan were LX and EX in every car I can think of. I've only ever seen 92-93 DX models with gray or blue interiors. Not sure about 90-91.

Comment

I have tan fabric, I am not too fond of leather in my car interior; it is hot as crap in summer and freezing in winter. My truck has vinyl seats and rubber flowing but for ease of cleaning, I track mud in there after going to the junkyard and a broom and water take care of it right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
            So, i went to the Pick-a part close to where i live with the sole intention of getting a older Prelude steering wheel, got to the yard and nothing then i checked the other two LKQ and nothing, so i basically went and lost a whole day just to come home empty handed.
            Most pick-a-part places around here have their inventory on-line (I realize it may not always be up to date) so you can check before you go. They also offer to notify you via e-mail when a particular model is put on the yard.
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
              Most pick-a-part places around here have their inventory on-line (I realize it may not always be up to date) so you can check before you go. They also offer to notify you via e-mail when a particular model is put on the yard.
              This location is so unorganized that they show a prelude was in stock but then the admitted date was 4/16; I remember that car being there and being gone months ago, I remember clearly because someone went thru the trouble of pulling the h22 and left it on the ground in front of the car. There is a private owned yard in Pasadena about an hour from here and I remember seeing a bunch of older cars there but just don't know if I am willing to take the risk of driving out there for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Actually, I'm not sure any DX models came with a tan cloth interior, now that I think about it. The colors that came with tan were LX and EX in every car I can think of. I've only ever seen 92-93 DX models with gray or blue interiors. Not sure about 90-91.
                At least in 1990 they didn't do ivory in DX. They had the brown, but not the ivory. Brown would have had a brown dash instead of the ivory having a black dash.

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
                  This location is so unorganized that they show a prelude was in stock but then the admitted date was 4/16; I remember that car being there and being gone months ago, I remember clearly because someone went thru the trouble of pulling the h22 and left it on the ground in front of the car. There is a private owned yard in Pasadena about an hour from here and I remember seeing a bunch of older cars there but just don't know if I am willing to take the risk of driving out there for nothing.
                  I should have figured you'd know to check - didn't mean to imply you didn't. When I used to take my kids to FL for school (until I started letting them drive it) I'd always try to stop at pick-a-parts on the way down or back to see what I could find. On one trip, I got a hood, front bumper, fender, 2 doors, trunk, a quarter panel, and several smaller parts from one car.
                  90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                  08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I should have figured you'd know to check - didn't mean to imply you didn't. When I used to take my kids to FL for school (until I started letting them drive it) I'd always try to stop at pick-a-parts on the way down or back to see what I could find. On one trip, I got a hood, front bumper, fender, 2 doors, trunk, a quarter panel, and several smaller parts from one car.
                    Its ok fleetwood there was no wrong in what you mentioned, i just know this folks are not on top of updating their inventory and i actually didnt check before going but until i left and therefore know some of those cars listed arent there no more. I am trying my hardest not to keep buying stuff, i have spare wheels for 3 of my 4 cars in there now; i was actually supposed to clean the garage out to make space to walk around but i keep tracking stuff in there and i am really trying not to have my house the way my dad used to keep theirs(transmissions, heads and all kings of junk around including a tire changing machine).

Comment

I hear ya. Parts are getting tougher to find, so I keep buying things I might need. I still have the old engine from Ruby, the old engine from my daughter's Element, an extra tranny, head, and who knows how many other parts. That's what I get for trying to keep 5 of 'em on the road.

Comment

I hear ya. Parts are getting tougher to find, so I keep buying things I might need. I still have the old engine from Ruby, the old engine from my daughter's Element, an extra tranny, head, and who knows how many other parts. That's what I get for trying to keep 5 of 'em on the road.
                        I am gonna start scouring to fing a empty block to start working on, i had a f22b short block that i had planned to rebuild but got rid of and now i want another one. I have A6 intake manifold in the garage and DSM 450cc injectors. I would like a spare head to start port matching the IM too but all at due time i guess.

Comment

When I take the time out to go to a junkyard, I compile a list of stuff I need so I usually come home with at least one thing.
                          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                            When I take the time out to go to a junkyard, I compile a list of stuff I need so I usually come home with at least one thing.
                            I didn't see anything worth buying to be honest for the exeption of the door panels but the front was torn at the handle, the handle itself was pulled off the panel. Only thing I got was the rubber plug for the timing window, I want an empty block and a head but I have another yard in mind for that though.

Comment

It's getting to be time where we need to start hoarding common wear items. Trim stuff that will be (or has been) discontinued. Plugs, covers, caps, etc... Boring things that will be a PITA to find in 5 years or so!

Comment

Working...
                              X