Beer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beer.

I know there's some beer snobs out there!

I'm curious as to what your favorite beers are. I'm always trying to find new tasty treats for the end of the day kick back.

My current favorites are Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout, and Lagunitas Imperial Stout. Terrapin also has a peanut butter chocolate porter called Liquid Bliss. Give that one a try if you like beer and reese cups!

And please don't drink and drive, I like seeing your posts/builds, not headstones.

CHEERS!

Dogfish head 90mins my all time favorite. Cold snap by Samuel Adams, it's a seasonal. Porch rocker by SA as well
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Hopsecutioner if I want to get lit.
      Shock top for just chilling and hanging around.
      A plethora of other random beers for everything else

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Not a "beer" but Angry Orchard. The original crisp apple on tap. And 23 ounces at a time.

Comment

Split-shot by Elysian is a great porter, lots of coffee and chocolate notes so not for those who hate dark beers. I've also always liked Big Sky's Moose Drool...

I'm a dark beer drinker, I live in the NW where they love IPA's with lots of hops, but there's something about a stout/porter/dark rye beer that I enjoy.

Comment

It's sad that so many of the bigger craft breweries are being bought out by the big corporate beer giants. Elysian is now owned by A-B InBev, and Terrapin has been owned by Coors for a few years now. At least they haven't been ruined yet!

I'm a big beer fan. Always trying something new. I'm not a huge hop fan, so I'm glad to see the overhopped IPA trend seems to be slowing down.

Dogfish Head makes some amazing beers. I'm planning on visiting their brewery (about an hour away from me) later this year. I hear their food is amazing as well!

I've also been intrigued by Stevens Point. Their limited Whole Hog line has impressed me so far. Their Whole Hog Pumpkin Ale took top ratings at my annual pumpkin beer tasting. I just tried their Whole Hog Espresso Stout the other day, and that was quite good as well.

When I'm not looking to drink fancy beer, or spend $10 on a 6 pack, I'll usually just stick to my staples: Yuengling Lager, PBR, and Genesee Cream Ale.

Comment

Half acre daisy cutter
              Revolution anti-hero IPA
              Harp lager
              Stiegel radler (guilty pleasure)
              STB not your fathers root beer

I'm starting to like stouts

Comment

@Grumpys93
                You know I've never actually had the Dogfish 90. I'll have to try that!

@sonik
                I agree, Shocktop is an excellent warm weather beer with their huge line of shandys

@HellRaisen
                I'm not big fan of Apple ciders, but I recently tried a pear cider that blew my face off. At 9% abv it had me feeling nice too.

@CB7NWDD
                I'm a dark beer person myself. I'll have to try the Split-shit! Do they come in singles?

@Deev
                Yeah it's a bummer that they're selling out, but it keeps some very tasty beers in the market. Expresso stout you say? pbr gives me heartburn, so when I drink crappy beer, I drink the champagne of crappy beer! MDG.

@JunyAccord
                If you're starting to like stouts, give that lagunitas imperial stout a try, you won't be disappointed.

Comment

I wasn't either until I tried one.

Never been much of a beer drinker. But there is a bar near me that only serves beer. When I'm with friends who want to go there I have a Bud Light. It's ok. I drink it.

Comment

Let's see, not really a porter or stout man (I'll drink them on occasion)

In no particular order:
                    Shiner Bock
                    Real Ale Fireman's #4 (only found in TX)
                    Yuengling
                    Miller Lite
                    Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
                    Red Oak Amber (only found in NC)
                    XX
                    Pacifico
                    DC Brau Pale Ale (only in DC, NOVA, and maybe MD)

and that pretty much rounds out my "go tos"

Depending on mood and such, I never go thirsty at a bar.
                    Last edited by The G-Man; 04-21-2015, 08:01 PM.
                    Gary A.K.A. Carter
                    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

I like reds like Killians. My mom has a brew pub close to her in Montgomery that makes an awesome Irish red. Aside from that I'll get a Yuengling or a Stella when I'm out eating. Miller Lite would be my last choice of the group. I don't mind a good stout but I have to be in the mood for it. That same brew pub makes a peanut butter stout that's pretty dam good as well.

The Facebook group

Comment

Not sure if you guys get Red Brick's brews around you, but I just tried their bourbon stout called Red Brick Mason Series #7 a few days back when I toured their brewery. Dragons Milk is also REALLY good. If you like whiskey, I'd say try both of these as they are very tasty.

Comment

It's still weird to me to see FL people talking about Yuengling. That used to be exclusive to my area! Now it's in Florida, and it made its way up to New England a couple years ago as well.

Stuff like Bud Light has a place. It's not 'good beer', but it's refreshing. I was at a ballgame a couple weeks ago. After seeing all the Bud Light and Miller Lite guys walking around (as well as Stella... which was weird...), I wanted a crappy yellow beer. I wasn't paying $9 for a single bottle, so I held out until we went to Applebee's for dinner Got my crappy yellow beer.

Comment

Who in here from Chicago / NWI / Midwest is going to Dark Lord Day:

http://darklordday.com

http://goodbeerhunting.com/blog/2013...unster-indiana

Tickets sold out in 10 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

Dogfish Head makes some amazing beers. I'm planning on visiting their brewery (about an hour away from me) later this year. I hear their food is amazing as well!
                              I went to it about 5 years ago and it was awesome. The food was great and they had 90mins on tap, which at the time wasn't as popular as it is now.

Alaskan Amber is really good too. I'm a big fan of Terrapins side projects, it just sucks you find a great one but they don't ever reproduce it.

I love Andy Gator as well. My go to beer at mellow mushroom.
                              ~Nick~
                              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
                              X