No announcement yet.

Beer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Deev, they use mostly European hops in all their brews so that might having something to do with it. Next time I go to Mertle beach I'm gonna get the wife and I tickets for a tasting.

Just don't try Desparados unless it's free. It tastes like a terrible lager that sat in a green bottle for too long, and they said fuck it, let's age this terrible beer in a barrel of cat shit.

Sorry for the rant, but that is the worst beer I've ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
      Just don't try Desparados unless it's free. It tastes like a terrible lager that sat in a green bottle for too long, and they said fuck it, let's age this terrible beer in a barrel of cat shit.
      Now I want to try it! Kinda like when someone says "man, this stinks" everyone wants to smell it!

Comment

Hahaha! Go for it, just do a build a six so you're not too disappointed. Who knows it might be your thing.

If you're like sweet beers you might might like it!

Comment

The Dos Equis summer pack comes with Dos Equis Azul. It's good I recommend it. It's like sweet water blue.

Comment

sweet water blue?
            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

I totally spaced but it's a large GA beer

Comment

Picked up a can of Coors Light Citrus Radler tonight. Expected it to be watery, fruity sugar water, like Butt Light Lime... and it is. It's a bit better. More shandy-ish, and not as phony tasting. Still crap... but refreshing. Like cracking open a can of Sprite!

(not my picture. I know how to pour a beer!)

The girlfriend picked up a can of Boulevard Brewing Co Ginger Lemon Radler (it's a radler kind of night!)
                It puts the Coors Light to shame.

Comment

Deev I got that Coors crap last year on my way back to Georgia from Mexico. It had the oddest aftertaste. Kinda like somebody put a starburst in beer water.

And I really like boulevard. Their unfiltered wheat is very good for the warm times. That's the beer that made me try stuff other than crappy American lagers.

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
                    sweet water blue?
                    The closest thing I can think of to it would be Wild Blue.

It's the beer with the bulldog and blueberries on the bottle. But yeah, it's good.

Comment

I'll have to search up some more Boulevard stuff. I did like that!

I also got a 6 pack of Forgotten Boardwalk Funnel Cake Ale
                      It has a cool vanilla taste, but the underlying beer taste is more like a generic cream ale. Not bad at all, but not incredible.
                      Forgotten Boardwalk just opened late last year. They're local to me (like 10-15 minutes away.) I hadn't heard of them until Thursday night! They moved into the location recently vacated by Flying Fish (one of the most well-known breweries from my area.) Their head brewer spent 7 years at Sly Fox (Philly area brewer... very good.)

I'm looking forward to trying some of their other stuff.

Comment

Deev, we should trade local beers. That funnel cake ale sounds interesting!

Comment

Had this for the 4th. It has tons of flavor...nothing really stands out. It blends very well.

My wife had this expensive ass beer...

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Sonik, go to Ale Yeah in downtown Decatur. You won't be disappointed

Comment

I can't stand delirium! Your wife is brave sonik. I think next big east coast meet, we all bring a 6 pack of local beer and have a beer tasting session.
                              ~Nick~
                              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                                I can't stand delirium! Your wife is brave sonik. I think next big east coast meet, we all bring a 6 pack of local beer and have a beer tasting session.
                                :o Being from Florida myself, I must ask. Please bring something from Cigar City.

And there needs to be more meets.

Comment

Working...
                                X