No announcement yet.

Beer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smuttynose is a 30 minute ride from my house. The Finest Kind IPA is what I have on tap in my kegerator at the moment.

Comment

My mother in law got some Pacifico to share. First bottle I opened had glass shards in it. Pretty fucky if you ask me.

Comment

thats fucked considering that it gets bottled in the US I do believe. I don't think its imported anymore.
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Clown shoes mango kolsh. Super refreshing and a great summer beer. Got a growler of it today.

Comment

I hate clowns. Therefore I avoid Clown Shoes beer.
            Just as I would likely avoid any beer named after spiders, onions, feet, or the Dallas Cowboys.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              I hate clowns. Therefore I avoid Clown Shoes beer.
              Just as I would likely avoid any beer named after spiders, onions, feet, or the Dallas Cowboys.
              You did not just dis the dallas cowboys did you? I guess it is true, everyone despises the top dogs.

Most watched team and most valuable franchise, yea I'd dis like them too lol.
              93 Honda Accord Lx
              Check it out A.O.M. 11/2014

Comment

I wouldn't want to drink spiders either. Or anything that came out of the Cowboys's feet, that's nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by blackenwkn View Post
                  You did not just dis the dallas cowboys did you? I guess it is true, everyone despises the top dogs.

Most watched team and most valuable franchise, yea I'd dis like them too lol.
                  I'm an Eagles fan, I have to hate the Cowboys!

The funny thing is, last time I was in Dallas (during Football season, even!) there was practically NOTHING Cowboys-related to be seen. Where I am, there's at least one person with an Eagles-green camper parked in their driveway. For such a big, popular team, they aren't very well represented in their hometown!

Anyway, back to beer... when I was in Texas, I went to the Jester King brewery. VERY good stuff! (and amazingly, the guy pouring my beer used to live 3 blocks from my current house in NJ!)

Comment

There was a really good mangoweizen I had onetime. I can't remember who made it though. There was also a delicious currant beer I had at one point but also can't remember who made it.

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
                      There was a really good mangoweizen I had onetime. I can't remember who made it though. There was also a delicious currant beer I had at one point but also can't remember who made it.
                      Are they local or can I get it?

Comment

I think they where both somewhere on the west coast but can't remember where.

Comment

Picked up some Neshaminy Creek J.A.W.N. tonight (Juicy Ale With Nugget)
                          I'll admit... I bought it largely for the name.

Very hoppy. Bitter aftertaste that would rival a grapefruit. Oddly smooth, though. I like it, and I don't normally care for hoppy beer! Neshaminy Creek is local (Croydon, PA), so they probably aren't widely distributed.

Comment

RJ Rocker if I remember correctly.

They make a good peach ale called Son of a Peach. They're out of Spartanburg, SC. And it's 5.8% too.

Comment

Whats the IBU on that beer dev?

Comment

JAWN is 45 IBU. Low by west coast standards. Still pretty hoppy to me. The description does it justice.

J.A.W.N. – JUICY ALE W/NUGGET

It goes without saying that if you’ve spent any time in and around the Philly area you undoubtedly have heard your fair share of Philly slang and local colloquialism. Some things just scream ‘Philly’ so bad, it almost hurts. Anyone familiar with our Head Brewer knows he’s got a fondness for the linguistic arts as well. Whether it be his loud, booming Jersey/Philly accent cutting across the room, or his late night drunken German, there’s no doubting his love for the sound of the spoken word of any native tongue. He’s also got a fondness for easy drinking, hoppy beers. What do you get when you put the together? J.A.W.N. – Juicy Ale With Nugget. This 5.2% ABV American Pale Ale is malty, yet crisp, and is loaded with dank citrus, as well as tropical and stone fruit flavor and aroma from the gratuitous use of Nugget and Zythos hops.
                                OG – 1.051
                                FG – 1.011
                                IBU – 45.0
                                SRM – 7.8
                                Base Malt – American 2 Row Barley

Comment

Working...
                                X