Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Interesting H22A header results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting H22A header results

I came across this, thought it was interesting: http://vimeo.com/30353942

MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=164408

And on the eight day God created Honda!

Very interesting results!

Before watching this video I thought the results were going to be Bisiimoto > Tri > RMF.

This proves that depending on your engine build and setup can result in very different results. What one header might do for one engine may net better or worse results on another + the given fact that no two engines are created equal out of the factory anyways.
    Last edited by Kurobei; 12-30-2011, 07:34 AM.
    I need a custom turbo manifold built....
    707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
    "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
    '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

still like bisi header design better lol

Originally posted by deevergote
      He's disappointed in my bulge... it doesn't even come close to being as impressive as his.
      1990 Accord EX
      1996 Civic hatch *gone*
      1994 Integra

Comment

I seen other builds dyno'd with diff headers and sad to say Bisi's header still dont come out top, the builds ranged from mild builds to hi comp builds from what I seen. A header with less bends produce more power, why??? Because better more efficent flow.
        Last edited by Darkcloud; 12-30-2011, 11:04 PM.
        NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
        DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

What do you guys think about the the Logic Tri-Y header being a one piece design with no flex pipe and no lower mounting bracket? Wouldn't that cause some type of stress on the header. I know the this applies to the other headers as well. For a $400 header the Logic Tri-Y seems like a good deal any thoughts?

Comment

great documentation comparo. and that eg is loud as fuuuhhh @_@
            <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by antonio7566 View Post
              What do you guys think about the the Logic Tri-Y header being a one piece design with no flex pipe and no lower mounting bracket? Wouldn't that cause some type of stress on the header. I know the this applies to the other headers as well. For a $400 header the Logic Tri-Y seems like a good deal any thoughts?
              The tri y header is sturdy as hell.

I ran a hard weled header no bracket didnt crack at all.
              NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
              DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by antonio7566 View Post
                The Bisi header does not ship with a mounting bracket or flex pipe either...

These are all custom fit headers.
                Gary A.K.A. Carter
                [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                  The tri y header is sturdy as hell.

I ran a hard weled header no bracket didnt crack at all.
                  Thanks for the info, it's good to know from some one thats been there done that.

Comment

Those outputs are so close to each other, what about a margin of error? Theres so many variables... things that can cause those variations. Slight temperature, humidity, how hot the engine is, and many other things can cause the differences. Were talking about a 1.4 hp difference between the Try Y and the Bisimoto. Thats a 0.6% (six tenths of a percent) output difference.
                    Last edited by cloudasc; 12-31-2011, 04:45 AM.
                    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                      Those outputs are so close to each other, what about a margin of error? Theres so many variables... things that can cause those variations. Slight temperature, humidity, how hot the engine is, and many other things can cause the differences. Were talking about a 1.4 hp difference between the Try Y and the Bisimoto. Thats a 0.6% (six tenths of a percent) output difference.
                      Good points and we can only assume they had these areas covered. If engine temp was an issue the order they ran them in would affect the outcome. Tri-Y would be 1st (which it was), then Bismo & RMF.

Comment

This proves that Bisimoto actually has good competition with h22 headers. yeah the tiny difference in the 3 could be done to martin of error. I got more margin than that between 3 back to back dyno pulls as my header heated up (hotter header makes more power than a cold one). Bisimoto's didn't make as much low end power though and that's the biggest issue those guys had. My bisi header makes more low, mid, and high end power than the dcsports but then the f22 and h23 are different animals.
                        My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Having a bad power drop in the meat of the powerband does not show competition.
                          www.850fab.com
                          IG - @850Fab
                          FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

i wish they did a run with stock headers...

Comment

peak power rpm

This test has some strange results. I am sort of weary of accepting some of the findings.

First even though they say they adjust the afr after each one, they don't show it. Why not? I mean if we are picking apart tests let's be fair about this.

You cannot even see the rpm scale, which is one of my biggest gripes. If you look at the peak power rpm you will see what I mean the tri makes peak at 7900 rpm, and the rmf at 7650, yet they appear to peak at the same rpm when overlaid.

I do not know the civic's setup, but he obviously has cams. So when I see the bisi header peak at 7450 I get first concerned, then skeptical. I and all other posted h22 dyno with his header made peak power at about 7200 with a stock cam. I will be very surprised and disappointed if my peak power only goes up 250 rpm with a head build. The engine in question can obviously make power higher according to the tri y results. So what happened with the bisi? Was it built for a stock h22 head?

I know we also have concearns about the "custom" bisi headers being identicle minus some changes in b pipe size, but have we ever really verified either way?

I would imagine, and hope that if they are custom that the runner lengths would be different, or possibly some combination of runner length and volume, since it is a 3 step diameter runner header. Let's take some measurements and find out. And if they appear to all be the same let's show proof.

I realize it would have been nice to have proof provided for us, but hey what can you do.

Just some thoughts. I am away from my car for a few weeks, but when I get back I will try to take some measurements.

And as has been said these numbers are all really close.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X