Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you like lugging people around in your car, is there anyway to put in racing seats in the back as well as the front? Just wondering because it would be an interesting thing to do. Take care!
    Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by f22a4bandit
      If you like lugging people around in your car, is there anyway to put in racing seats in the back as well as the front? Just wondering because it would be an interesting thing to do. Take care!
      im sure you could.........it would be a lot of custom work...and you would have to be carfull...not to puncture the gas tank.....i dont think it would be safe in a crash tho......thats just my opinion..i wouldnt recommend it ...
      the backseat is already lightweight...and since you are posting in the weight reduction ..im assuming thats why you posted here...the backseat is really not that heavy...the front two seats are the fat asses...i would be concerned more about replacing those..and keeping the rear seats for luggin people / babies around..
      Last edited by 93EXaesthetic; 03-06-2006, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Racing seats in back would hit the roof. The back seat is light enough, so if you don't want to take the back seats out, you don't NEED to. Plus, it's a 5 minute job.

Comment

magnesium valve covers

..........i know the new EVO has magnesium valve covers to save on weight......damn i wonder if they make them for our accord.....or if they could be custom made... the valve cover is light as it is now..but every pound / gram counts...
          the only problem i see with it is production costs... but that would be a bad ass mod...

Comment

Originally posted by f22a4bandit

Possible ? Yes
            I dont see the point though you arent going to be racing with a car load of people. On top of that nice racing seats are pricey
            LaunchPaD

90 coupe/jdmh22 Sold 4/18
            92 Integra LS

Comment

I haven't posted in here in a while!

Kentucky Accord by far has the most stripped CB around....but I'm prolly second place with the weight reduction tho.

Just so you guys know, I will be gutting many more things out when I do the turbo setup. I will be replacing parts with lighter parts and even cuttin some parts of the frame/body out. I hope to get it <2,000 lbs with roll cage. Wish me luck!

My Accord History:
              91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

acclude your insane

Comment

Look who's talking about crazy... the whole forum knows maple as crazy Ahh I think I was looking at your members's ride page. Do you have a 2dr that weighs in at like 2100lbs? O.o I think that may have been you... Anyways put that roll cage in before you do anything else don't want to lose you now man
                  My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by LaunchPad
                    Possible ? Yes
                    I dont see the point though you arent going to be racing with a car load of people. On top of that nice racing seats are pricey
                    Actually I saw these somewhat smaller one peice racing seats made for cars that were one peice and would have fit in the back. Only thing is even a 'lightweigh' seat wouldn't be lighter than out seats really. As for the gas tank that is another mod you can do, take out the stock tank and put a smaller 5-10 gal or something fuel cell in the trunk in the rear spare tire depression. Only then not having the tank would affect air traveling under the car at higher speeds. Although would that be a bad thing? Formulla one cars have the side 'pods' that have a smaller entrance for air then rounding out. The bottom is open so the large pod not getting enough air to fill itself sucks air from the bottom creating a vacuum, so my thoughts would be that the tank not being there would create a downward suction to some degree. Other than make the car stick to the ground more I wonder how it'd affect 50-60mph+ in say the 1/4.... an interesting Idea I'd like to try...
                    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
                      Actually I saw these somewhat smaller one peice racing seats made for cars that were one peice and would have fit in the back. Only thing is even a 'lightweigh' seat wouldn't be lighter than out seats really. As for the gas tank that is another mod you can do, take out the stock tank and put a smaller 5-10 gal or something fuel cell in the trunk in the rear spare tire depression. Only then not having the tank would affect air traveling under the car at higher speeds. Although would that be a bad thing? Formulla one cars have the side 'pods' that have a smaller entrance for air then rounding out. The bottom is open so the large pod not getting enough air to fill itself sucks air from the bottom creating a vacuum, so my thoughts would be that the tank not being there would create a downward suction to some degree. Other than make the car stick to the ground more I wonder how it'd affect 50-60mph+ in say the 1/4.... an interesting Idea I'd like to try...
                      good idea...cept i think this mod would be to much of a hassle for most on this sight..i keep my car lightweight..and stripped..but i gotta keep it practical to some degree....like what if i want to take it on an 800 mile road trip..that would suck filling up every 130 ish miles ....some wieght reduction is good to a certain degree.

Comment

Dry Ice

i saw some people stripping there interior of sound proofing with dry ice...what is the exact procedure?...

Comment

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothrea...ostid=28903030

well i found an article on dry ice. and removing sound deading.

Comment

At NOPI, I weighed my car and was suprised to find it at 2360 without me in it. This is in race trim... Bogart wheels, no exaust, removed back seat, removed passenger seat. No deadening material except for under the car (which is being removed). All factory glass and sheet metal is retained except for bumper reinforcements.

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
                              http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothrea...ostid=28903030

well i found an article on dry ice. and removing sound deading.
                              I used some stuff called "Aircraft Remover". Just brush it on, let it sit 10-15 min and go back with a chisel to break it up and an old towel to absorb the leftover. It used to be a lot cheaper but now it's like $12-15 a gallon. Took like 6 gallons to remove all the paint outside, inside, sound deading material inside and underneath. It smells like shit and will eat through your skin if you're not careful. Here's the stuff:

My Accord History:
                              91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
                                I used some stuff called "Aircraft Remover". Just brush it on, let it sit 10-15 min and go back with a chisel to break it up and an old towel to absorb the leftover. It used to be a lot cheaper but now it's like $12-15 a gallon. Took like 6 gallons to remove all the paint outside, inside, sound deading material inside and underneath. It smells like shit and will eat through your skin if you're not careful. Here's the stuff:

holy shit...im scared i might catch cancer from that..looks intresting tho..you think this is easier than dry ice?...

Comment

Working...
                                X