Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bristol Dyno, on their corner weighting scales. very interesting to see where weight goes if you move stuff around or add your own body weight to the car.
    members/ride | the/website
    180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

Now you need to get coilovers and adjust while on the corner weights. I would LOVE to be able to do that.
      -Jay

Comment

I have coilovers.

I just didn't feel like messing with it that day.
        members/ride | the/website
        180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
          where did you get yours weighed @? one of those truck stop places on the state border?
          I posted this a few pages back, but I weighed my car at the local landfill. I just went up there and asked them some bs question like how late they were open then looked at the scale while I was talking to him. Most of the ones I've seen have a scale you have to drive through so you can see your weight and best of all it's free.

Comment

a/c removal?

i didn't read all 12 pages of the thread, but got on the thread hoping to find some instruction on removing the a/c generator, piping and all the other crap that goes with it. if there is a thread on this, and you know the link, mind posting it? thanks
            And remember kids, if it's wet, it's not a fart.

'91 Wagon

So far it's ugly:
            Injen short ram, DIY Grill, Arospeed F/R Strut bars, SS Brake Lines, AEM pads, drum to disc swap, Brembo drilled & slotted rotors

Comment

Originally posted by Gripology
              i didn't read all 12 pages of the thread, but got on the thread hoping to find some instruction on removing the a/c generator, piping and all the other crap that goes with it. if there is a thread on this, and you know the link, mind posting it? thanks
              well first, id recommend getting the system drained at a professional place so that they can dispose of it properly.

umm, start by removing the compressor first and then condensor and then the majority of the lines will come out.

the evaporator i tihnk, is in the glove compartment.
              there is one more piece near the cruise control that has more lines going from it.

it's easier when you have the alternator and radiatotor out.

remmeber to get a alternator belt from a DX (cuz those didnt have a/c)
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                well first, id recommend getting the system drained at a professional place so that they can dispose of it properly.

umm, start by removing the compressor first and then condensor and then the majority of the lines will come out.

the evaporator i tihnk, is in the glove compartment.
                there is one more piece near the cruise control that has more lines going from it.

it's easier when you have the alternator and radiatotor out.

remmeber to get a alternator belt from a DX (cuz those didnt have a/c)
                ok once you pull the A/C what belt size do you need to pull the alternator and crank pulley...fuck power steering.i yanked mine out....what belt size do you use?

Comment

yea i am thinking bout yanking the a/c out along with the cruise control while i am at it.....as the weight of it all (a/c and cruise control i am hoping to loose what liek 75lbs or so? sound right?) but anyway, i was cleaning out my car yesterday and decided to see how much all my crap weighed. now granted i had 2 subs in the back, a book bag, a handheld tool box, and some misc stuff.....all in all wighed in at around 142lbs......i took it all out and then drove through town and on the highway, and damn....it;s amazing at what the difference was. the weight was reduced from the trunk and backseat. first time i really did anything for weight reduction and i am very pleased.....i hope to shed another 200 lbs by the end of the summer with a few removals. and maybe more if i get some cf products.

and the idea about using the waste managent scale is great....kudos!
                  My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by accrdpower
                    yea i am thinking bout yanking the a/c out along with the cruise control while i am at it.....as the weight of it all (a/c and cruise control i am hoping to loose what liek 75lbs or so? sound right?) but anyway, i was cleaning out my car yesterday and decided to see how much all my crap weighed. now granted i had 2 subs in the back, a book bag, a handheld tool box, and some misc stuff.....all in all wighed in at around 142lbs......i took it all out and then drove through town and on the highway, and damn....it;s amazing at what the difference was. the weight was reduced from the trunk and backseat. first time i really did anything for weight reduction and i am very pleased.....i hope to shed another 200 lbs by the end of the summer with a few removals. and maybe more if i get some cf products.

and the idea about using the waste managent scale is great....kudos!
                    word up man..ill post pics...people dont understand the signifance of weight reduction....i went head to head with an h22 prelude the other day..he was like..how do you produce all that power with f22 n/a....he didnt beleive i my car could be all motor and an f22....but he didnt know my interior was gutted...f22 has some zip to it..if your car is lightweight..i estimate my car weighs around 2500..i want to get it a bit lighter...than that...i do want to yank my AC because i dont use it ...

what belt size would we use if we yank our AC??..

Comment

Thanks to deev for the weight reduction sticky. Now I win races...lol

Comment

Originally posted by juan
                        nice ....thats mad JDM

Comment

Originally posted by juan
                          Lol... awesome

Comment

he forgot the armrest and center console...
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                              he forgot the armrest and center console...
                              No, I did not forget. I pretty much took out the seats to give the interior a well needed cleaning.
                              Last edited by juan; 03-05-2006, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Woah, a Rubbermaid racing seat!

Comment

Working...
                                X