Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's messy. With paint, it's nice cause you just brush it on, and you can literally wipe the all the paint and primer away with a towel and it's down to bare metal in like 10-15 min. For the sound deadening material, it kinda just softens it up so that you can remove big chunks of it without having to use a lot of force. Make sure you have a bucket to put the chunks in. It'll take a few layers of it to get the sound dead. material all the off, but yes it will get it and it does a decent job.

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Anyone know how much the power steering pump weighs?

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
        Like 8lbs
        Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
        -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
        MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

just remove your speakers..id rather lose my beat than power steering
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Power steering isn't that bad to lose, I like how my Accord drives w/o it. You aren't going to lose that much weight from removing it, but if you're trying for every pound, then go for it.

Has anyone removed the wires/bars from the bottom of the trunk lid?
            -Jay

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
              just remove your speakers..id rather lose my beat than power steering
              Nah...I can't live without music. That's a no go. I did remove my subs though and it's not as awful as I thought it would be...but as far as the basic CD player + 4 speakers those are necessities for me...

And I think P/S is really only a power sapper when you're parallel parking. Is there really a noticeable difference in feel at speed?

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Nah...I can't live without music. That's a no go. I did remove my subs though and it's not as awful as I thought it would be...but as far as the basic CD player + 4 speakers those are necessities for me...

And I think P/S is really only a power sapper when you're parallel parking. Is there really a noticeable difference in feel at speed?
                Nah, once you are moving above 10 mph you can't even really tell. I'm on 18's and I stil don't have too much trouble with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearit22
                  Nah, once you are moving above 10 mph you can't even really tell. I'm on 18's and I stil don't have too much trouble with it.

power steering pump..weighs more like 6 pounds.... lets not get it twisted...

i felt my acceleration greater around the mid power band....

you gain about 5 hp from removal of P/S...but its not a gain @ highway speeds..but you will definetely feel a difference in acceleration from 0-55 mph

getting used to parking ...is kinda hard...you will have stronger arms tho..i gaurantee

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
                    power steering pump..weighs more like 6 pounds.... lets not get it twisted...

i felt my acceleration greater around the mid power band....

you gain about 5 hp from removal of P/S...but its not a gain @ highway speeds..but you will definetely feel a difference in acceleration from 0-55 mph

getting used to parking ...is kinda hard...you will have stronger arms tho..i gaurantee
                    Aghhhh...my friends and I used to laugh at the dudes in Civics with no P/S..."yo his forearms must be crazy, I bet he gotta parallel park at home and work"

Blah...it only weighs 6 pounds from what people are saying, and I don't want my rack to die. Might as well keep it on.

Comment

that's why you fill the rack with gease. or hook up a kit that keeps some fulid in the rack

Comment

I hack off most of the tar in my car which include the ones in the boot, rear seat, rear floor and front floor. Bout 3 big bags full Weighed it all up. It was close to 17kgs from memory. I used a blunt chisel n hammer. Apparently u can use a heat gun too. Anyone have any idea??
                        Ex rides:

2 x 92 Accord CB7 manual: F20A
                        JdM 97 Accord Sir-T: H22A
                        99 Mitsi Lancer Evolution 6: 4G63T
                        and a few others not worth mentioning...

Current:

98 Spec Integra Type R 4 door

www.cb7tuner.com, the best place to be

Comment

I'm going to dispute the weight of AC and cruise. I pulled out mine and both both together. 35 pounds. maybe.
                          members/ride | the/website
                          180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

Hey idno if this has been covered but.

Rear backseat panels and the A-pillar trim from a coupe is 11lbs each (x2)
                            The blower motor is 12lbs
                            The ac evap core is 12lbs
                            Condensor fan is 9lbs

So all together right there is 55lbs!

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                            ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
                            ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

Isn't it amazing how little things add up?

I'll add those to the list in a bit... if I don't, yell at me!

Comment

the c/f trunk lid iirc weighs 13lbs where as the stocker was a bit over 30. similar for the hood too
                                FA1

Comment

Working...
                                X