This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
    i extended one wire. and i consider a wiretuck to be more than moving wires its eliminating everything that isnt absolutely necessary, a lot of tucks and trust me there has been nothing but weight lost in my engine bay. there is almost zero filler in my bay at all to add that to the weight added u may as well add the dust on my car as well cuz its around the same thing. its absolutely insignificant......

exzactly,
    most people , when they hear wire tuck, they understand, thats short for saying shaved engine bay.

yeah i extended a lot of wires, that may weigh in excess of 1 lb.

but the meire amount of bolts brakets sensors alone not counting the p/s, a/c, weishield fluid , hood latch, tow hooks, removal of the auto tranny, and all the sensors and lines.. and relays to go to all those..

each thing only added to the weight loss........

to say all your doing is moving something around is mistaken.

Although it seems that the definition of wire tuck seems to be the problem.
    "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
      Although it seems that the definition of wire tuck seems to be the problem.
      Yup

Although I must admit, wiretucks are synonymous with removing large components from the engine bay.

Oh wel, weight loss for the win regardless of what you call it

Originally posted by Maple50175
      Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

there is a road coarse thats going to be built less than 10 miles from my house () and i am planning on building a dx coupe into a full-on track day car, so i will be updating you all with all the unknown weight reductions in the first post. my main goal with it is to replace as many panels as possible with custom carbon panels that i make. they will be as light as POSSIBLE, the hood and trunk will likely only be 2-4 layer skins held on with 4 hood pins each (eliminating hinges, bolts, and the latchs as well as being VERY lightweight,) the fenders and bumper will have molds taken and carbon duplicates made, the roof panel will be stripped off and replaced with carbon fiber (a full roll-cage will be in place to retain structural integrity), and i will try as hard as i can to make carbon doors. there will be no mechanisims inside of them, the windows will be stationary lexan and the claw-latch will be re-located to the door-sill with a handle on the body of the car, not the door itself.

i will likely have to run quite a bit of ballast if i want to race it in a class

i know this all sounds like a "pie-in-the-sky" type thing, but i have experience with both building a race car and making carbon panels, so i will actually do this. my plan with the rest of the car is to build an f20 vtec (f22ax block rods and pistons, h22 crank to de-stroke to 2.0l, h22 head) and almost completely re-build the suspension with a better design for racing and spherical bearings to replace rubber bushings. once i get it lightened and dialed, i will try to hit up as many time attacks, auto-x's, track days, etc. that i can

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
          there is a road coarse thats going to be built less than 10 miles from my house () and i am planning on building a dx coupe into a full-on track day car, so i will be updating you all with all the unknown weight reductions in the first post. my main goal with it is to replace as many panels as possible with custom carbon panels that i make. they will be as light as POSSIBLE, the hood and trunk will likely only be 2-4 layer skins held on with 4 hood pins each (eliminating hinges, bolts, and the latchs as well as being VERY lightweight,) the fenders and bumper will have molds taken and carbon duplicates made, the roof panel will be stripped off and replaced with carbon fiber (a full roll-cage will be in place to retain structural integrity), and i will try as hard as i can to make carbon doors. there will be no mechanisims inside of them, the windows will be stationary lexan and the claw-latch will be re-located to the door-sill with a handle on the body of the car, not the door itself.

i will likely have to run quite a bit of ballast if i want to race it in a class

i know this all sounds like a "pie-in-the-sky" type thing, but i have experience with both building a race car and making carbon panels, so i will actually do this. my plan with the rest of the car is to build an f20 vtec (f22ax block rods and pistons, h22 crank to de-stroke to 2.0l, h22 head) and almost completely re-build the suspension with a better design for racing and spherical bearings to replace rubber bushings. once i get it lightened and dialed, i will try to hit up as many time attacks, auto-x's, track days, etc. that i can

if you can make i slick oem looking roof panel out of c/f i will be intrested in purchasing this from you.
          Using factory adhesive glue, the same stuff we glue bedsides on with, this would be installed in less than an hour. let me know, because like you i am too serious.
          "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
            if you can make i slick oem looking roof panel out of c/f i will be intrested in purchasing this from you.
            Using factory adhesive glue, the same stuff we glue bedsides on with, this would be installed in less than an hour. let me know, because like you i am too serious.
            i will definately keep you in mind keele, but this is going to be a ways in the future. i havent even found a car yet!

btw, are coupe and sedan roofs the same? i wouldnt think so, but idk.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I'd bet they are the same, the wagon is the only different one. This is a assumtion..

hey man, it can be 3 years from now... but when you do, remember me,
              "Self Renewed"

Comment

The coupe and sedan roofs are not the same. Where the roof meets the rear window is completely different, the sedan is a lot more square than the coupe. We (a friend and I) discovered just how different when we tried fitting the blizzshade made for the sedans on his coupe.
                Originally posted by 92dm
                I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
                VOUCHES
                Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

wow, it's been a while since I added to this thread. Anyways, stripping the interior stuff like heater core, blower motor, vents, condenser, heat/A/C controls, unnecessary wires, defrost, and other items totals up to more than 50lbs. Probably closer to 75lbs or so. I used to have a picture of all those items sitting on a scale but I can't find it right now

BTW, I'm going to have this Integra less than 2k lbs in no time

My Accord History:
                  91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Wow i went thought every page you guys know alot and weight reduction really helps wow thanks guys
                    My 90 Civic Hatchback.

Check it out and leave a comment.
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194295

Comment

No one has weighed the power steering pump yet?
                      Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                      Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                      Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                      Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                      Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                      Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

i have a non working ps pump, i will try to weigh it, but i think its like 5pounds??

Comment

yea i still ned to gut my PS stuff since the h22a fluidampr doesnt even have the pulley attachment.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

goodness

well removing all the a/a equipment wud be a dastic weight loss for mr. cb7 but damn i live in ARIZONA!!!!! ill die if i roll wit no a/c and my cb is all i got for now, its still feb n its aleady hot as june!!!!

Heart and Brain Transplant fail I had to pull the plug

My new best FRIEND!!!

Comment

ATTN Deev

I just weighed a couple things with a postage scale

Cruise cotrol box: 3 lbs
                              my PS pump, 11lbs
                              drivers sideseat from a CB7 coupe: 43 lbs (W/ captains chair armrest)
                              passenger seat: 41 lbs

next time i have my prelude seats out ill weigh them for comparison but they feel significantly lighter to me.

Comment

11 pounds damn i would of never guess that high, has anybody weighed all the trunk crap plus backseats ????? or is the list updated ???
                                UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                                NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Working...
                                X