Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the thing that i did with my friends cb7 with him was to cut a big ass chunk of the trunk out , im talkin the metal base of the trunk, from like 6 inch from the rear seat to where the end of the tire is
    Everything done on this baby is all by me, NOT one thing done by a shop or store

My myspace hit me up

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater
      the c/f trunk lid iirc weighs 13lbs where as the stocker was a bit over 30. similar for the hood too
      The hood is more like twice that much. Mine weighed about 55-60 pounds when I took it off.

Comment

There is only about 1.5 pounds of refrigerent and compressor oil in the ac system sorry I got to you late.

Comment

hey. i dunno bout ya'll.. but you know that big ass long frame that hold the car together on the bottom? i'm thinkin of the one i see on a tv show called overhaul' and i dunno if we have that i didnt look under the car.. but i'm sure that shit weight alot.. carbon fiber that whole thing and u should lose at least 500 or 600 pound?
          DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

Yeah... that frame is... well, the frame. That's kinda necessary.

Full drag race cars use tube frames, but those aren't suitable for street cars. The frame has to stay. That's like cutting a fat girl off at the knees and saying she's better looking because she weighs less

Comment

we dont use a frame, we use unibodys!!!!
              .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

True... That makes it even less doable!

Comment

just found a new way to weigh your cars, it was a place where you go and buy like rocks, like to do landscaping, and we only went to get 5 pounds or so, but they had us roll up onto a scale and weigh before and after we got the rocks, i dont know if you guys have these around where you live, but he said it was cool if i came back to weigh my car.

Comment

Hmmm, rocks you say...is this in the city or out in the country?

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                    where you been, is something wrong?
                    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 501accord
                      just found a new way to weigh your cars, it was a place where you go and buy like rocks, like to do landscaping, and we only went to get 5 pounds or so, but they had us roll up onto a scale and weigh before and after we got the rocks, i dont know if you guys have these around where you live, but he said it was cool if i came back to weigh my car.
                      Go to a landfill, weigh, leave. They have it so they can tell how much Sh*t you dropped off.

Comment

I only got to page 6 of 12, and i didn't know if this has been covered or not.

*Note, this is regarding real race applications, not the stop light king*

But, working at a race track there is one part i see that is not really "preformance" and that would be the UR light weight crank pulley.

they are light weight because they are made of aluminum, something that is normally granted as a "good" property. except when the aluminum is used to replace and iron part that has a very high heat differential.

under racing applications you would most likely find your UR pully somewhere along the side of the track, pretty close to your dead car.

At least thats where i have found all the civic / integra pullys at the track

****My boss couldn't find the type r pully we ordered for his b18, so he decided to throw a UR pully that he had laying in his trunk on so he could race. The pulley didn't even last through 12 hours of racing before it sheared off and hit a flaging station, also killed the engine.
                        Last edited by GreenMadness; 04-15-2007, 05:25 PM.
                        Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

Go on a diet, honestly. don't be hooked up with a fat chick either.

damn 7.5 thats quick as hell.
                          No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

I heard that theres a part in the front bumper of a 7th gen Accord that weighs 20lbs that can be removed...not sure if its there in our cb7's

SOLD!!
                            Boosted H22
                            375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb
                              I heard that theres a part in the front bumper of a 7th gen Accord that weighs 20lbs that can be removed...not sure if its there in our cb7's
                              like the bumper support bracket?
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                                like the bumper support bracket?
                                You definately don't want to be removing that unless you want to be illegal.
                                No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

Working...
                                X