engine wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine wash

yup, is this possible? I mean can I spray,clean and wash my engine without hurting it? please help me..Thanks!

PROJECT: EIEN (Eternity, Endless) in progress...

"What's the point of a race?- Just means you're faster...that's all. If I have to race, it should be for something important..."

"What Is A Man Who Cannot Prosper and Better What He Owns?"

hot tank?
    Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

if its in the car i kno how to do it the way the dealership does them. gota make sure that the car is cold/warm...not hot. then crank it spray the entire engine bay with purple power/simple green (full strength). allow the car to sit cranked for may 10-15 minutes with the hood closed so the heat can stay in the engine bay and melt the grease. pop hood open spray the engine down (if you have an aftermarket intake dont spray the filter too much) after that get a bottle of armor all, finish 2001, etc. and spray the entire engine bay with it and closed the hood again and still leave the engine crank for another 10-15 minutes pop the hood and you have a engine.
      Back up and Give me 50 feet

Comment

i'll try that today..thanks!

"What's the point of a race?- Just means you're faster...that's all. If I have to race, it should be for something important..."

Comment

post pics!
          JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

is there a way to cover the alternator so said it won't go bad?

Comment

Never heard of an alternator going bad while cleaning the engine bay. I've done it to friends cars, and my cars numerous times, and never did my alternator go. The belt kind of slipped because it was wet, but never really any problems.

Oh yeah, post some before and after pics.. would like to see how clean ya got it

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
              ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
              ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

u can spray ur engine i do my all the time at work.....i spray some all purpose on it...(degreaser) and then i hit it with our pressure washer....u can hit everything just the electrical stuff dont keep the water on it or u will have some problems....but ive cleaned mine about 3 times and i was scared to do it and everything still works just as good....and looks better
                My Ride

DAMN PISTON RINGS!!!

Comment

awesome then I just have to wash the engine bay, avoid electrical stuff and I'll be fine..alright then I would update you on this endeavor and yes I would post before and after pics! thanks again!

Comment

yea just cover up the distrubuter and the spark plug wires and grab yourself a can of engine degreaser and a power washer and should be good to go

Comment

some of yall are missing the concept of course dont sit there and continously spray the electricial but the purpose of doing it with the engine cranked is that you dont have to worry about covering anything. and since the way that the sparkplug wires are made for honda you dont have to worry about that b/c they practically cover the holes for you. like i said before all you have to worry about is the intake if its aftermarket. i did my moms cb7 since everything was factory i just sprayed the hell out of everything and it came out like it was on the showroom floor.

Comment

ahh..now I get it..I would do that then..Thanks man!

Comment

yea jus keep da car cranked through the process and start w/ a cool/WARM(not hot) engine

Comment

where's our pics!!!
                            JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

id like to mention this to us cold weather ones, it will take alot longer then 10-15min soak time and more then once to do it depending on how much junk is under the hood.....i'm in the process of doing mine right now and since its 16 degrees outside its gonna be awhile but worth the wait.....
                              93 Accord- SOLD
                              94 Civic- F22a1 Swap, current DD

Comment

Working...
                              X