Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

build up of JDM F20B DOHC VTEC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I hope it's a CAI. I have a 3in SRI, I have NO low end till around 2 1/2-3K.
    3 CB's gone....
    1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185
      I ordered 3" piping for my intake
      A bunch of piping, I'm going to have it end right behind the headlight. Maybe even remove the headlight and have it sticking out, like a true ghetto drag car
      Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
      Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
      Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
      Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

the oil catch can will be moved soon, as it will be in the way when i install my strut bar, but here is some pictures anyways. enjoy

Last edited by fatboy1185; 05-16-2008, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Gona get tuned soon

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

ugh. This car is nothing but a mess.

Started the day out by switching out the obd2 injectors that he has been using WITH a resistor box for a year, with h22 obd1 injectors.

It's throwing an IAT sensor code. I didn't really think that sensor would have a HUGE impact on the way the car runs. Turns out I thought wrong. It does have a huge impact on how the car runs. The tune isn't consistent AT ALL. I never really thought about it until now. But the ecu is reading around 250*F all the time, while the actual air changes. So, the ecu dumps the same amount of fuel all the time, regardless of air temp....yeah...didn't quite think that one through.

Also, I think his resistor box might be fried.

After romping on the car for a bit and coming to a stop, the afr's go VERY lean and the car doesn't run right. A quick cycle of the ignition gets rid of it. This is because the battery voltage drops really low, and the resistor box is fried, so it can't really control the amount of voltage going to the injectors.

BUT, for the very small while that the car was sort of consistent, the car ran great. It walked on an RSX-S.

Still no where near 13's tho

I guess Eli's friend had "set-up" some races for him that night, so we headed on to go race at some place 30 minutes away. On the way, he did a few pulls and I guess his $400 ebay header, sorry I meant to say ESP.net header, decided to blow the gasket that goes between the runners and downpipe. It now sounds like a suby.

It's quite a bit exhaust leak, that he freaked out because the afr's were reading lean(I was in my own car at this point, so I only knew about the afr's and not the exhaust leak). The motor runs like complete ass due to all the previous problems stated and along with the exhaust leak.

Soo...we got it towed back to Juan's house and we will fix everything that's wrong with it tomorrow.

New IAT, resistor box from jy, fix stupid exhaust leak, and retune.

Hopefully tomorrow is a MUCH better day than today.

Comment

Jose, even though I don't tune, I knew them kind of sensors are important, it's logical man. That's the reason I asked TAS auto parts to provide a "sensor package" if they could, it would help out in these situations. Our cars are old and to be properly revived, these should be considered tune-up items.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. There was already lots of things wrong with this car that preoccupied me I guess.

That IAT sensor was actually FRIED. You the plastic prong that went into the IM was melted and you could see the metal inside of it.

We replaced it with mine. We also replaced the resistor box with mine, then we sealed up the exhaust leak.

The car idled beautiful for about 15 minutes. Then Eli did something and the car shut off.

All he did was push his stereo back into the dash. With just that, the engine shut off. When turning it back on, it no longer idled like it did before. It was now really rich and idled a bit high and pulled only 15 inches of vacuum.

I tried fixing the problem, with no luck. So, we proceeded with the retune.

We hit the freeway and I could already tell it was running much better than the day before. It impressed me to say the least.

BUT, it still does that thing where after you come to a stop the fuel goes really lean and the car bogs if given any throttle.

Another thing I noticed:
                -tps shows 4% open at idle. Juan and Eli will get that fixed.

I HOPE that fixes the problem with it going really lean(the tps goes above 100% at WOT, but throws no CEL). Maybe the ecu gets confoozzled and goes to a weird limp mode.

In all, the car runs pretty damn rich at idle. Does decent while cruising, and does pretty well WOT.
                Last edited by d112crzy; 03-22-2008, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Some pictars

Comment

hate my life....and my car......and joser

Comment

Keep us posted if you figure out the 4% open at idle TPS issue. I wonder if it has to do with having a bored TB, don't you have one?
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Yup, a junk2 piece.

Comment

So, no track times yet then I take it?

Comment

Ain't going to the track for a while probably.

Comment

i really think going over the injector wires will turn up something. that is the only thing left to go over after we fix the TPS.

Comment

Hahaha well work on it tom... well get something figured out maybe...
                                H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
                                X