Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

build up of JDM F20B DOHC VTEC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
    If ur changing the rings... why not go with aftermarket pistons? The F20B doesn't have the lame azz FRM sleeves does it?
    nope it doesn't which im happy about

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
      If ur changing the rings... why not go with aftermarket pistons? The F20B doesn't have the lame azz FRM sleeves does it?
      my plan was not to spend much money on this motor. I mean, I only spent 38 dollars and some change for this motor.
      The beginning of a new era............................
      165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
      184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

long time since i checked this thread, but what the heck, ill fire it back up!!

been busy with school, but im still in the market for a good header, which after i purchase and put on, car will get a dyno tune!!

runs super rich now, so rich it floods itself to the point that it wont start for a while (till plugs dry off im assuming?)

anyways...
        Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
        Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
        Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
        Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185
          long time since i checked this thread, but what the heck, ill fire it back up!!

been busy with school, but im still in the market for a good header, which after i purchase and put on, car will get a dyno tune!!

runs super rich now, so rich it floods itself to the point that it wont start for a while (till plugs dry off im assuming?)

anyways...
          You should be aware that this "too rich" condition will interfere with your motor oil lubrication and break-down it down. You should be changing your motor oil more frequently than normal intervals to prevent damage.

Can't you atleast tweak the tuning some more or have it done by someone so that it is not this ridiculous. I would hate to see such a fine motor go to waste.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

what map are you running now? the one juan and i have been? if you are still running the obd2 270cc injectors i really hope juan scaled the map...because it was set for 345cc obd1s...
            Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
            Project 240SX
            Originally posted by chillin943
            anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
            Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
              You should be aware that this "too rich" condition will interfere with your motor oil lubrication and break-down it down. You should be changing your motor oil more frequently than normal intervals to prevent damage.

Can't you atleast tweak the tuning some more or have it done by someone so that it is not this ridiculous. I would hate to see such a fine motor go to waste.
              guess its time for an oil change

Originally posted by blackice
              what map are you running now? the one juan and i have been? if you are still running the obd2 270cc injectors i really hope juan scaled the map...because it was set for 345cc obd1s...
              no idea, ill have to ask him

Comment

guess its time for an oil change

no idea, ill have to ask him

if you wan you can use mine its set for 290cc injectors ill richin it up a bit for you tho cause if you wer to run it there youd be running lean with it

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                1992 Accord EX Coupe
                My FS Thread
                Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

well since my motor is the base model f20b and had the sauce parts on it, cam shafts were teh next thing in line to upgrade. so i bought a pair of type s cams from a member on here, so i should have those in hopefully over the break hoping for some decent results

Comment

Hey Eli you know who could probably help you finding aftermarket parts. I don't know if anyone has heard of the place but its called Pac West here in Salem. The guy is amazing with hondas and his shop is near by me. You should talk to him about parts. He also has the fastest civic on the west coast from what i hear.
                    My Member's Ride Page (Do it)

Comment

we should totally set up a time and roll down there and check it out

Comment

Im sure your busy this weekend with studying for finals...but if you got the time i do at least...let me know.

Comment

Off topic...

Beavers WON!

Comment

Originally posted by CisForCB7
                            Off topic...

Beavers WON!
                            wewt! we should go to that shop in salem like on tuesday

Comment

hmm tuesday... thats my last final day... Wednesday? would that work? If not tuesday i can work out but has to be before 6:30 i got my final then.

Comment

little up date..

i have h22 type s cams waiting to be installed

i ordered a ESP header, should be here in a few weeks

after i get both those installed i will be heading to portland for a tune

the car still is having problems. running rich.. if i start the car or drive it, then shut it off, it has to sit for over an hour before it will start again...not sure why. also the battery wont hold a charge. i think that is because it is in the trunk, and the wire gauge is kinda thin, so the current is weak?

so the car is sitting with a dead battery, im bored so i think ima go strip more parts off in the interior

Comment

Working...
                                X