90/91 and 92/93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90/91 and 92/93

ok.. we all know how to figure out whether a cb7 is a 90-91 or 92-93... but what about whether it's a 90 or a 91/92 or 93?

i believe with the 92-93's... the 93's only had rear mud flaps... but i'm not sure.

and with the 90-91's... i'm not even sure.

i think the mud flaps were all options that you could have chose... I've got front and rear mud flaps on my 90.. it only came with rear, but my parents went to the honda dealer and got them shortly after. I'm thinkin of gettin rid of 'em when i get the car painted again.

all i really know to tell the difference is the headlights/bumper in the front, and the basic tail light differences in the back.. so that's really just 90-91 and 92-93 differences.
    --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

no, i'm asking how to tell a 90 accord from a 91 accord apart. and also a 92 from a 93. differences that separate the years of those half-generations. i'm just curious.

i thought that the rear mud flaps came stock on ALL 93's in particular though.. but i could be wrong.

Comment

in 92 the highest trim level was the EX

and in 93 they had the SE and Anniversarys

interior differences a possibility

Comment

my 92 LX coupe had them on, took them off cause it looks slicker...front and rear.

Last edited by lowoctane; 10-10-2004, 05:38 PM.

^sold

Comment

Originally posted by lowoctane
            my 92 LX coupe had them on, took them off cause it looks slicker...front and rear.
            gotcha... so that's not true.

Comment

well heres the run down of the my 92 coupe LX, ineterior wise and things

mint green/teal or whatever color green
              baize ineterior,
              all power,
              black leather dash,
              PURPLE'ish TINT!
              front and rear mud flaps.
              baize'ish pin stripe

all i can think of now

maybe colors is the difference?

^sold

Comment

well i was just more or less looking for visual clues... maybe a refinement in the front bumper or something.

Comment

My 92 came with all 4 mudflaps, so unless it was an option, the 92/93 difference there is nonexistant.

I saw a 92 with 6 spoke alloys driven by a middle aged woman yesterday... Not the type I would think would care about alloys. Were alloys ever an option for the lower trim cars?

I don't know about paint, but were there any colors that were only offered in certain years? Some 90-only colors, or some 92-only colors maybe?

Everyone I know well around here has a different model... Jay has the 92 DX sedan, Sean the 93 LX coupe, Juan the 92 DX sedan auto, and my buddy Kyle (not on the board) has a 92 EX sedan auto. I really can't compare any of them for subtle differences!

Comment

ok steve and others from what i know in my area of cb7s..

is the 90-91 to tell from when i look at them is that the most of the 90s i see come with black mirrors doesnt matter wut trim, ex, lx or dx. they are not painted the color of the car. and for the 90 the light blue is only that year. and the 90 DX only comes with the driver side mirror. they didnt equip it for the passenger side mirror.

and for mostly all 91s the mirrors are painted the color of the car if its not the dx

and for the 90s the handle in the inside i believe is different from the 91s to the 93s

for the 92-93s the only thing is the se or anniversaries that i see nothing else.

and for the mudflaps well i have 92 lx 4 dr and mine came with all of them

so correct me if i am wrong doesnt matter cuz i have noticed it to many times in jersey about the black mirrors on the 90s

mauricio

Comment

The wheels were different each year. Im not sure exactly which is which, but I know a 93 or a 92 when I see one. Thats also assuming the wheels are stock.
                      To-Do List for Today
                      Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02
                        ok steve and others from what i know in my area of cb7s..

is the 90-91 to tell from when i look at them is that the most of the 90s i see come with black mirrors doesnt matter wut trim, ex, lx or dx. they are not painted the color of the car. and for the 90 the light blue is only that year. and the 90 DX only comes with the driver side mirror. they didnt equip it for the passenger side mirror.

and for mostly all 91s the mirrors are painted the color of the car if its not the dx

and for the 90s the handle in the inside i believe is different from the 91s to the 93s

for the 92-93s the only thing is the se or anniversaries that i see nothing else.

and for the mudflaps well i have 92 lx 4 dr and mine came with all of them

so correct me if i am wrong doesnt matter cuz i have noticed it to many times in jersey about the black mirrors on the 90s

mauricio
                        my 90 ex coupe has painted mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by Sho Nuff
                          my 90 ex coupe has painted mirrors.
                          so did my sedan...
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

after reading the accord history on edmunds, here are some snippits of info about what changed from 90 to 91 and from 92 to 93... i know they arent very technical oriented, like which parts differed between years... but a couple things can help tell em apart... like if its 9293 and a 10AE or an SE, you know its a 93, not a 92... or if its a 9091 and its an SE, its a 91, not 90...

Referring to the new features that 1991 had, that 1990 didnt:

"And in a break with tradition, Honda brought out an SE version, even though this was not the last year for this iteration of the Accord. The SE gilded the lily with leather seats, a more powerful engine (140 horsepower against the EX's 130) and antilock brakes, which were a first for the Accord. Capping the changes for this year was the addition of color-keyed mirrors on the LX and EX."

- not stated, but the 1991+ had a different manual shifter assembly compared to the 1990's.
                            - there was no 1990 SE, but there was a 1991 SE
                            - ABS was available in 91 but not 90 (but only on the new SE)
                            - even tho shonuff and wed3k disagree, according to edmunds, painted mirrors were introduced for the 91 LX and EX's... so im assuming they mean that they werent available for the 1990s...

now up to 1992, the SE model was dropped from the line... so when 1993 came around:

- there is a 93 SE, but not a 92 SE.
                            - the "10th anniversary LX" was only available in 1993

thats all i can deduce from edmunds. tomorrow im gonna look thru the online accord manual, and read the differences between the 1992 and 1993 supplements to the 1991 manual (each supplement contains the new technical info for that specific year, so i should be able to tell what differed from year to year)

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                            Current cars:
                            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Painted mirrors were available on the 90 EX I do believe. I know someone that has a 90 EX completely original and it has painted mirrors. However, my 90 LX has black mirrors. Also my color was only available in 90 on the LX and DX, but I believe that in 91 you could get my color on the DX. I believe the interior fabric may have been different between 90 and other years, because i've never seen an accord with my interior fabric, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X