Obama inauguration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obama inauguration

Who will be watching this? I sure will be. Tuesday night at 10pm it starts (Japan time). I feel like it's a new beginning for America. All of a sudden not so many people hate America just because of our President. It's a new start so to speak. It's going to be a hell of a bumpy road but it's nice to be proud of the US again. I'm going to fly my flag tomorrow
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

Still debating whether or not I will go down there and be in the crowd. If not, I'll definitely be watching on tv.
    "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
    ><((((º>

Comment

Originally posted by bigjoegood1 View Post
      Still debating whether or not I will go down there and be in the crowd. If not, I'll definitely be watching on tv.

Likewise. PLUS I have tix for 2 of the Ballroom occasions...
      RETIRED...

Comment

i really dont want to be out driving that day, from what i hear the beltway is going to be clogged, so if i dont work ill be watching it from my house.

Comment

What time?

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

remember, if anyone has any political comments, just don't. later.
            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

I think it starts at 8am. Man, if I were in the states I'd be there.
              My Car

Comment

Ill be too busy eating myself some 20c Tacos from Taco Bell.......

MMMMMMMMMMMMM Good.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                  Ill be too busy eating myself some 20c Tacos from Taco Bell.......

MMMMMMMMMMMMM Good.
                  More info on these Tacos...

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
                    More info on these Tacos...
                    Well sir, participating Taco Bell restaurants are selling their tacos(hard or soft i believe) for 20 cents each on tuesday, January 20th.......

Im putting these fuckers out of business!

Comment

i plan on driving to springfield then taking the train in. It's gonna be cold, its gonna be crowded, I'm gonna be tired, I wont see much of anything. But I'll be one of those who was there. No tickets, no invitation, no nothing. Just gonna chill on the mall and mingle with the masses..

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116662

Comment

Originally posted by bigjoegood1 View Post
                        I feel sorry for you DC guys. Traffic already sucks without a historic inauguration.

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I doubt ill be watching this......Not cuz I dont care....but because I have no doubt itll bore me to tears.....and im not a real big fan of weeping

Ill watch the highlights on the news.....Itll be just like I was there in person

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

lol.

Actually. I think it starts at 11. I thought 8am was a bit early...

TUESDAY, JANUARY 20th - Inauguration Day
                            For the first time in history the entire length of the National Mall will be open to the public to allow as many people as possible to participate. No tickets will be required to view the ceremony on the National Mall west of 4th Street.

You can text the word "open" to 56333 to receive updates, directions, and additional info whether you're in DC or elsewhere.

Inauguration 2009 Honorary Co-Chairs

INAUGURATION DAY - ORDER OF EVENTS

Formal Program begins at 11:30 a.m. EST

Musical Selections
                            The United States Marine Band

Musical Selections
                            The San Francisco Boys Chorus and the San Francisco Girls Chorus

Call to Order and Welcoming Remarks
                            The Honorable Dianne Feinstein

Invocation
                            Dr. Rick Warren, Saddleback Church, Lake Forest, CA

Musical Selection
                            Aretha Franklin

Oath of Office Administered to Vice President-elect Joseph R. Biden, Jr.
                            By Associate Justice of the Supreme Court
                            The Honorable John Paul Stevens

Musical Selection, John Williams, composer/arranger
                            Itzhak Perlman, Violin
                            Yo-Yo Ma, Cello
                            Gabriela Montero, Piano
                            Anthony McGill, Clarinet

Oath of Office Administered to President-elect Barack H. Obama
                            By the Chief Justice of the United States
                            The Honorable John G. Roberts, Jr. | Related: Text of the Oath of Office

Inaugural Address
                            The President of the United States, The Honorable Barack H. Obama | Related: Barack Obama Speech about Abraham Lincoln |Key Obama Speeches

Poem
                            Elizabeth Alexander | Related: Elizabeth Alexander Q & A About Poets in the Age of Obama

Benediction
                            The Reverend Dr. Joseph E. Lowery

The National Anthem
                            The United States Navy Band "Sea Chanters"

Inaugural Luncheon
                            After the ceremony is completed, President Obama will attend the traditional Inaugural Luncheon at the U.S. Capitol following the departure ceremony for George W. Bush. Neither is open to the public.

Inaugural Parade
                            After this luncheon, according to tradition, President Obama and Vice President Biden will lead the Inaugural Parade down Pennsylvania Avenue to the White House. The President, Vice President, and their wives and guests review the parade from a special platform.

Neighborhood Inaugural Ball
                            President Obama has initiated this ball as the first-ever during an Inauguration. It will be the "premiere" ball of the Inaugural Day evening events. It will be held at the Washington Convention Center - Hall D. The ball will include webcasting, text messaging and other interactive components. It will be the first ball that Barack and Michelle attend. It will be broadcast on ABC TV. Doors open at 5 p.m. EST and the event begins at 7 p.m. EST. Ticket required.

Commander-in-Chief's Ball
                            This ball will be held at the National Building Museum. Invited guests will include enlisted active duty and reserve military. Ticket required.

Youth Inaugural Ball
                            This ball is for Americans ages 18 to 35. It will be held at the Washington Hilton. Ticket required. Kanye West and Kid Rock headline. It will be broadcast on MTV at 10 p.m. EST/7 p.m. PT.

Obama Home States Inaugural Ball
                            Invited Illinois and Hawaii friends and invited guests attend this ball at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center - Hall E. Ticket required.

Biden Home States Inaugural Ball
                            Invited Delaware and Pennsylvania guests attend at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center - Ballroom. Ticket required.

Eastern States Inaugural Ball Invited guests from CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT, PR, and USVI will celebrate at Union Station. Ticket required.

Midwestern States Ball
                            Will be held at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center - Hall C. Ticket required.

Mid-Atlantic States Inaugural Ball

Invited guests from MD, VA, DC, NY, NJ, WV, and Dems Abroad at Walter E. Washington Convention Center - Hall A. Ticket required.

Southern States Inaugural Ball
                            Invited guests from AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and TX will celebrate at the National Guard Armory. Ticket required.

Western States Inaugural Ball
                            Invited guests from AK, CA, ID, MT, OR, WA, WY, AZ, CO, NV, NM, UT, OK, GUAM/AS will celebrate at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center - Hall B. Ticket required.
                            My Car

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley View Post
                              Who will be watching this? I sure will be. Tuesday night at 10pm it starts (Japan time). I feel like it's a new beginning for America. All of a sudden not so many people hate America just because of our President. It's a new start so to speak. It's going to be a hell of a bumpy road but it's nice to be proud of the US again. I'm going to fly my flag tomorrow
                              Fear not, the honeymoon will end. Usually, the end is initiated by something the President does that proves he is not infallible. Hopefully, Obama's will last longer than some have.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X