Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CARB says "Just kidding about banning black paint..."

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/29/f...g-black-paint/
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7 View Post
      Maybe I subconciously just only like San Diego. Its perfect. Your literally are 35 minutes away from everything. From snowy mountains, warm sandy beaches, tiny, small town inlands, or whatever else any other state has to offer. I dont honestly think you can find that any where else. If you do, its definately not to the scale of what we have down here.

Yeah, smog sucks. It really, really does. But you know what. I really dont give a rats ass. And its something thats never on my mind when I drive to school, or to the beach with my girlfriend, or go on a double date to a carnival in the mountains/inlands, or carve through the canyons with my buddies.

I really, REALLY dont care what you all think is wrong with this place.
      I completely understand you being biased towards SD because I'm the same for OC. I'd hate to leave Orange County for anywhere else especially since I've spent the majority of my life here, but I'd consider moving to San Diego. Everything is within reasonable driving distance (race tracks are a little far), but for the most part everything is nice and clean with great weather. Earthquakes don't really make things go crazy where I live, the wild fires aren't close enough to me (it does make air quality horrible though), I get to see nice/rare cars all the time, and the best part is the spring/summer time when everything girls wear is short.

There are some bullshit laws regarding cars, but its honestly not that bad. Getting an engine BAR legal isn't that hard if you pay attention to detail and are willing to spend the money for quality parts. Smog only starts after the car is 6 years old, and after that it happens every 2 years. It isn't even hard to pass with mods if you know the right people, but it is a little expensive because instead of paying the usual $60 it can cost up to 100-500 bucks. I'm partially glad the emissions standards are so high because with the number of cars we have on the road the air would be so much worse if people could do whatever they want.

Not all cali cops are dicks and give you tickets for everything. My friend got pulled over for modified exhaust and the cop saw a fully stripped interior, roll cage, bucket seats, harnesses, aftermarket steering wheel, and k20 turbo. The cop asked why the car was like this, and he told him the truth that he had just attended a track event the day before, so the cop said nice car, but keep it on the track, and let him go. The only time you hear about cops in California is when people are complaining or they shot some one.

Comment

early april fools?

Comment

Hey while where at it lets ban black interior because it gets to hot inside also forcing the driver to turn the AC on.

Bullshit

if i hear someone give me a speech about this i would truly tell them to fuck off.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2620526 190E Mercedes Benz
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3065882 Accord Under major Repairs

Comment

if it ever did happen, nothing is stopping shops from painting cars black like how tint shops can illegally tint your car as dark as kevin garnett.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
              if it ever did happen, nothing is stopping shops from painting cars black like how tint shops can illegally tint your car as dark as kevin garnett.
              i wouldnt take that chance in cali.. such an anal state

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                Hey Wilson,
                if they pass this dumb thing then I'm pretty sure they are going to send
                undercovers to the shops and act like a normal costumer, and catch the shops
                in the act.

Just like my buddy's exhaust guy: the state is now cracking down on the muffler shop, and the shops are require to put catalytic converters on cars, and cant do straight pipes.ect. ect.
                anyway, undercovers always go to my buddy's exhaust guy's shop and ask him to do
                a straight pipe, ect. and he lets his costumers know that he can't do it.
                Cappuccino CB7 Member #4
                FoDough fo moreho
                [FuNKiE FrEsH]

Comment

lets all jump on the cali-hater band wagon.

Just because they're proposing to ban a certain color doesn't mean the state sucks.

I love the mentality of this place lately..we've picked some real winners in the six years this forum's been around.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7 View Post
                    I dont give a damn. People can make fun of california all they want. But when your working on your car in fucking thermals, four pairs of socks, a scarf, one of those *** ear flap hats and snow boots, I'll be wearing a tshirt, sandals and shorts.

ANY day of the year. HOLMES.
                    Or move to Florida where all is great except hurricane season. I'd rather be in a hurricane than an earthquake though.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                      Or move to Florida where all is great except hurricane season. I'd rather be in a hurricane than an earthquake though.
                      LMAO I second that motion

Originally posted by Juice21
                      thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
                      Originally posted by GameChewer
                      Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

the hurricanes here are never that bad either. nothing like katrina

no
                        Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                        $30 HID kits here Thread
                        "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                        "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

I think its basically saying that the car pulls in more heat causing the cars to use more air conditioner inestead of opening their windows.

Using more air condition cause more pollution for the air. As if Cali is not bad enough already.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid View Post
                            lets all jump on the cali-hater band wagon.

Just because they're proposing to ban a certain color doesn't mean the state sucks.

I love the mentality of this place lately..we've picked some real winners in the six years this forum's been around.
                            The fact that it was even discussed shows a high degree of stupidity.

Having worked with politicians before, most likely what occured was that the CARB was doing a study on potential ways to curb pollution, and this was covered in the study because it COULD be an effective way to curb pollution. Usually, the studies try to cover all bases just because that is what they are supposed to do.

However, when word of it leaked out, the political outrage was so bad before it was even proposed, the CARB backed off on it and said "we aren't considering it" because the heat was too much, and one thing political entities hate is heat.

The fact that it was even proposed means that they ARE considering it, or at least were.

Political entities do this sort of stuff all the time.

Also, the "early April fools"... What is this Christmas? Now they are putting April Fools jokes out there before the date? Come on!
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

how often do earthquakes that do as much damage as a hurricanes happen?

california has earthquakes here and there, but its not as frequent and devastating like florida hurricanes.

earthquake drill = duck and cover

florida drill = get the fuck out of the state! LOL
                              Last edited by GHOST 2.2; 03-30-2009, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Not really. There's hurricanes all the times, but it's nothing horrible. Flooding is as bad as it gets, really. Just lots of real heavy rain/wind for an hour at a time. The media makes it seem a lot worse than it really is.

Every once in a blue moon comes a BIG hurricane come and destroy everything. Jacksonville got it the worst last year, flooding a major part of it but it wasn't THAT bad that ton's of people lost their houses.

NOTHING compared to Katrina.

There's also no emissions. So that automatically makes FL>Cali

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                                X