X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anybody on here ever do crossfit?..

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
      I had a routine going, then work got in the way. I tend to work 100+ hours a week, and that doesn't leave much time or energy for a workout! I focus on my eating habits as best I can when I don't work out. I try to drink water more than anything else, but when I must have something with a flavor, I try to stay away from sugar. Small meals, lots of veggies, lean meats, whole grains, etc. Trying to stick to about 100 grams of protein a day when I'm not working out, and about 180 when I'm able to keep up with the routine.

I joined a gym... but never went. I just work out at home. Simple stuff, but I'm not looking to get huge.

When I can stick to my routine, this is it:
      MWF
      Pullups, pushups, and crunches for a half hour. Do a set until I can no longer do the motion with proper form, then stop and move on to the next one with no rest. Continue through the rotation until a half hour has passed.
      15lb dumbells for biceps and triceps. I really should be using lighter for the triceps right now...
      A minimum of 20 minutes of cardio. Usually 45 or so.

T-TH-Sat-Sun
      20-45 (or more) minutes of cardio

I'm doing this more for modest shaping than any real mass gains. I don't expect to be huge with this routine, but I expect to continue seeing a bit of definition. Once I stop seeing results, I'll move on to something a little different.
      Thats a pretty good routine besides the fact you are using your gf's little pink 15lb weights for bi and tri-ceps
      1993 Accord LX - Sold
      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

ok a lot of people trying to keep their weight down here....how about the people that want to gain? or what have you guys done to gain weight?

Can somebody tell me the best way, I'm 5'11 and weight around 130.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
          Thats a pretty good routine besides the fact you are using your gf's little pink 15lb weights for bi and tri-ceps
          Low weight and high reps man. It works.

Comment

think im gonna hit a run up .. while the sun is still up .. bringn the ipod n some radio head

Comment

How can you run to Radiohead?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                How can you run to Radiohead?
                laid back
                keeps you at a slow pace... i cant run to flyleaf ill run too fast

Comment

actually when lifting weights..... i like to listen to flyleaf.... they get you pumped...!!! i found that to be my fave band when hitten the weights up.. i listen to everything when i jog

Comment

True. House of Cards really is a good song. I got tired of Radiohead until that came out, and then I got back into them again.

Flyleaf irritates me... something about them plugging the same album for 3 years, continuously releasig singles from it...

I generally run and work out to Andrew WK, eurobeat/dance stuff, or upbeat punk like Set Your Goals.

Comment

I used to have a routine as well, I would alternate every day what area I worked out and worked out till I couldn't any more

gave each part 3 days to rest, 1 full body rest day, then start over.

HA HA...all of that in theory btw.

That didn't work cause i wasn't eating right and I wasn't regular. I bought P90x (comes with a hell of a meal plan) so I will begin that in a few days.

and the routine is laid out. I must have ADD cause when I get in the gym I just wanna get on all the machines...then I get bored and want to do something else...which is why I can't run...i get super bored after 2 minutes of it.

So this combines two things I like...watching tv...and hot ass women in tights (prefer nude really)...so we'll see how that goes.
                      ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                        I used to have a routine as well, I would alternate every day what area I worked out and worked out till I couldn't any more

gave each part 3 days to rest, 1 full body rest day, then start over.

HA HA...all of that in theory btw.

That didn't work cause i wasn't eating right and I wasn't regular. I bought P90x (comes with a hell of a meal plan) so I will begin that in a few days.

and the routine is laid out. I must have ADD cause when I get in the gym I just wanna get on all the machines...then I get bored and want to do something else...which is why I can't run...i get super bored after 2 minutes of it.

So this combines two things I like...watching tv...and hot ass women in tights (prefer nude really)...so we'll see how that goes.
                        That's what music is for! If you can't focus, listen to something with short, fast songs... or listen to a HUGE variety of music. That way, you think about the tunes and not the workout. Just don't get so distracted that you don't do the workout properly.

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                          I must have ADD cause when I get in the gym I just wanna get on all the machines...then I get bored and want to do something else...which is why I can't run...i get super bored after 2 minutes of it.
                          I get the same way, but i think its the procrastinator in me trying to surface. Thats where determintaion and will-power come in.

Which is why i want a stationary bike. I dont have to worry about weather, i can watch tv and i can get twice the exercise as walking.

I just need to find a way to ride one and use my laptop.....

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                          Originally posted by Jarrett
                          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Eh, a stationary bike isn't really twice the exercise... you sit there on your ass and pedal away. I was still a fatass when I rode my REAL bike everywhere. You need to spend some time involving your entire body in your exercise.

You guys want to do some major torture to yourselves... try pilates. Seriously. That shit will fuck you up. I've never had my ass handed to me by an 85lb girl until I tried pilates... I haven't had such an intense workout since I was fighting.

Comment

Id do cardio and some core work too, my thing is just sweating my ass off. I used to have a job in a warehouse and it was hot as FAWK, and granted i did alot of walking, but i was really sweating alot too, but i was losing upwards of 4-5 pounds a week. It was kinda cool actually cuz we had a giant digital scale and i used to weigh myself everyday.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                              Originally posted by Jarrett
                              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Just be sure you're drinking a lot of water when you sweat like that. You'll do far more harm than good if you dehydrate yourself.

It's amazing how much better your body is with a proper liquid intake. Even if you're too lazy to work... just drink a TON of water, and you'll be healthier.

Comment

Working...
                                X