No announcement yet.

:Workout Thread:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. I already drink half a dozen bottles a day anyway. More when its hotter.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I always though ephedrine was bad for you....

That was why they took it out of stacker2 and shit.
      I just started to work out recently. Not really into a routine. I do a little cardio to get my heart going and then work out. either legs and core or arms and core.
      Then some more cardio.

Im trying to just get back in shape. I don't really eat "right" or use any supplements. Im trying to get to a good spot naturally and then go from there.

Comment

Ephedrine is TERRIBLE for you. Many people have used it and had no problems, and then there are people like my friend's aunt, who suffered major heart damage, won a huge lawsuit, and eventually died. Granted, she was huge, and in poor health anyway. Like any harmful drug, I'm sure Ephedrine can be taken in extreme moderation without any seriously harmful effects (same with cocaine... people do it and are fine... but I wouldn't touch that shit either).

Eating "right" can be done a number of ways. You don't have to be a calorie-counting health nazi. Just don't eat a whole lot at once, and don't eat shit.
        I just scarfed down a turkey sausage, egg white, and cheese bagel from my beloved Wawa It's the healthiest option among their pre-made sandwich selection, and it's still delicious

Comment

Over the past 2-3 years I have bulked up a bit. When I moved to BK I weighed 160# and prob couldn't bench more than 155#. I didn't squat or do deads or any leg stuff at all besides biking. Now I can prom 1RM 315 squatting, 275 or so on deadlifts and 240 on the bench... but I weigh 200# and growing!!! A lot of it is def. muscle, because I am def. getting stronger. I mean since March I put 40-80# on all my major exercises... but I don't have the time on top of that to do cardio.

My cardiovascular heath has suffered. Having to lug around an extra 40# gets me winded on the treadmill or in the park... I'm usually wiped out after about 30 minutes of cardio, where before I would go beast mode for like an hour.

My goals now are as such... I made sick gains with the Bill Starr 5x5 program since March but am changing to a higher volume program. It's an all body workout, 3 x a week... for 5 weeks you're supposed to go from 8 to 12 reps. 12 reps seems like a waste to me and I like the variation from actual low reps to reasonably high reps so I am going from 7 to 10 reps. Once the cycle is done, if I complete everything during the 10 rep week I go up 10% in weight. I am trying this routine because for me gaining on squats is easy... in fact I don't even think 315 is my 1RM, it could be more. DLs are pretty easy too. But my bench is weak. I was at 205x5 for about a month. I'm hoping this higher rep routine will help build glycogen reserves where I need them so that when I eventually switch back to a strength program I will have both the CNS and glycogen reserves (read: recruitment and size) to make steady gains on a mroe advanced 5x5 program.

My end goals are to be able to bench 185# 10x, squat 275# 10x and deadlift maybe 225# 10x. Truthfully though I am just doing this for looks (hypertrophy), and once I am where I want to be appearance wise I will go back to a low-rep high weight "powerlifting" strength focal routine. If I can do that all while keeping my weight under or around 180# I will be pleased. It's been a lot of fun pushing myself.

I'm going for a run or ride today. Hopefully I won't be completely wiped.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
            extreme moderation

Comment

Very rarely. People assume doing any drug in moderation means no overdose... but I mean not doing it much at all. Yeah, perhaps I made up a phrase...

Comment

The #1 thing that holds people back in terms of performance in the gym or on the field is their diet.

I don't care how hard you work out, if you don't nourish your body you're not going to get anywhere near the level of fitness that is possible if you are eating right.

Another big thing people don't realize is that it doesn't matter how many times you go and do bench press, if you don't work out your entire body you aren't going to be able to maximize your lifts.

Also, drink a TON of water. Hydration is super important when it comes to athletics and it also helps your muscles in the recovery and growth processes.

And one last thing, if you are small and want (or need) to put on weight start with your legs. They're the largest muscles and they tend to be worked out less in normal routines than, say, your upper body. Plus, it's so easy to put on 5 lbs by just doing some squat work for a week.
                Last edited by Tnwagn; 07-12-2009, 11:42 AM.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Water helps EVERY aspect of the body... including the mind. I think more clearly when I drink lots of water.

I once heard "if you're not pissing clear, you're not thinking clear"

Comment

scientists are re-evaluating how much water they recommend to drink, think the current is too high. You end up pissing extra vits and minerals out.

so...stay hydrated...don't over do it.

And deff don't drink more than 1 Liter hour as that could kill you
                    ____

Comment

Really? I've had a gallon in an hour...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post

I generally run and work out to Andrew WK, eurobeat/dance stuff, or upbeat punk like Set Your Goals.

I can just imagine Deev running around with this in the background:

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                        Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                        NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

I deleted that one from my mp3 player... don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                            The #1 thing that holds people back in terms of performance in the gym or on the field is their diet.

I don't care how hard you work out, if you don't nourish your body you're not going to get anywhere near the level of fitness that is possible if you are eating right.

Another big thing people don't realize is that it doesn't matter how many times you go and do bench press, if you don't work out your entire body you aren't going to be able to maximize your lifts.

Also, drink a TON of water. Hydration is super important when it comes to athletics and it also helps your muscles in the recovery and growth processes.

And one last thing, if you are small and want (or need) to put on weight start with your legs. They're the largest muscles and they tend to be worked out less in normal routines than, say, your upper body. Plus, it's so easy to put on 5 lbs by just doing some squat work for a week.
                            Diet is the hardest part... it gets to a point sometimes where I don't even want to eat anymore, but I have to for gains... and it's always stuff I hate like turkey breasts or w/e

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

It's weird to try to understand things from the point of view of someone that has a hard time GAINING weight. Losing it has always been my issue!

If you want to gain muscle, look for a balanced nutrition with about 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight.

Comment

fuck just started raining..... before i was going to run... fuck that im still running. my ipod better not short out on me.. damn florida weather.

Comment

Working...
                                X