No announcement yet.

Income Tax Returns!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So finally got around to doing taxes. I only worked part time last year (student), and was only taxed $780 for the full year. Now for some reason, I'm getting back more than $780 in a tax return? How is that possible?
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
      So finally got around to doing taxes. I only worked part time last year (student), and was only taxed $780 for the full year. Now for some reason, I'm getting back more than $780 in a tax return? How is that possible?
      No offense but.... Student= part time, part time= poor.. Poor people do not pay taxes. So yes it makes sense

Comment

None taking, but that doesn't answer my question. The government only took $780 from me. But now they are giving me back all that $780, PLUS more. Why am I getting a positive balance on my tax return, instead of just evening back out, how I usually do.

Comment

None taking, but that doesn't answer my question. The government only took $780 from me. But now they are giving me back all that $780, PLUS more. Why am I getting a positive balance on my tax return, instead of just evening back out, how I usually do.
          It makes sense if you had tax credits.

Comment

lulz if i get enough...new tires and a catback

no
            Accord turbo kit under $2k here
            $30 HID kits here Thread
            "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
            "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

To all of you getting a large return (1500+) you should adjust the allowances on your w4 statement (just ask your employer) so you don't pay so much all year. This way you'll get to use that money throughout the year instead of loaning it to the IRS for the year interest free. If you're getting back 1500 then you overpaid your taxes by 1500. By making the simple allowance adjustment you'll get that extra 100+ every month for general use.

If you have even just a little knowledge of tax issues use taxact.com. (cheaper than turbotax)

If you know absolutely nothing about taxes use turbotax.
              My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

You make so little that you're considered poverty level and you get all sorts of credits. Are you in college? That'll get you tons of credits also. My wife and I overpaid about $600 taxes in 2009 but we're getting back over $1,300 because of some education credits we qualify for. It's the only good part of having a low income.
                My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Yes college. I got about $1250 back, which is about $450 more than was taken from my checks.

Comment

i only made 7K last year not paying any federal or state taxes only SS and medicare and being a full time student i got 1800 back.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                    member ride thread
                    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Haven't filed yet, but I'm estimating I'll get around $1,700 or so back. I already bought my fun stuff though ($340 or so to get the last parts needed for my HTPC).
                      Originally posted by sweet91accord
                      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                        i only made 7K last year not paying any federal or state taxes only SS and medicare and being a full time student i got 1800 back.
                        did you get student grants and loans too?

Comment

Any of you in school remember to claim any grants/scholarships as income so you don't get in trouble. "Free money" isn't free....you have to pay taxes on it.
                          My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Are you being claimed by your parents as a dependent? Because I am and as such I only get back like $250 this year when I paid in like $646 in federal income tax.
                            Gary A.K.A. Carter
                            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                              Are you being claimed by your parents as a dependent? Because I am and as such I only get back like $250 this year when I paid in like $646 in federal income tax.
                              No I'm an independent.

Comment

Working...
                              X