No announcement yet.

Who else thinks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favoritism? Really? Because I didn't jump and go on a banning rampage because you came crying?

No, actually I'm not friends at all with the member in question. I can barely picture his car, and I only know his first name. He's been a thorn in my side for years. But thanks for pointing fingers. I appreciate it. That's how you get helped around here!

Since you want to make this public, let's do that, shall we?

Get it out now. Because I'm very close to banning all 3 parties involved in your childish issues.

The rule is, and always has been, that when bannable flaming ensues, ALL involved get banned. I've ignored this issue because I didn't want to have to ban... but now it's coming to that. We don't need this drama on here. So far, YOU are the one threatening and demanding things... so honestly, as far as I'm concerned, you are the problem. But, I won't show favoritism. I'll just do what I always do, and ban all involved.

As for the ongoing business... I don't randomly decide to ban anyone. I ban when something bannable has been done. Your actions are what get you banned, not my "favoritism".

This is your warning. You have 3 days. Collect contact information for all those that you are doing business with, and get your affairs in order. If I decide to ban you, it won't happen for 3 days. If I decide to ban you, it will be permanent.

Comment

First off, props to ilovemycb7 for being pretty civil in how he started this discussion.

I agree with your sentiment about there being too many "followers". This isn't limited to CB7Tuner.com, but is something that is infecting the entire industry. Nutswingers abound coast to coast and there are very few people that still do what they want instead of falling in line with what the internet thinks is right.

There are a number of guys on here who I have much respect for, but if they make a post I don't agree with I'll call them on it. Shit, go back and look at some of the huge civil discussions I've had over the past 3 years. Scott's the same way. He will argue till he turns blue, but he's mostly reasonable about the way he argues.

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
      I argue their logic, and they usually tire of fighting themselves.
      This is so true

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
      But if someone is "annoying" or "useless" (read flaming or posting smilies) what are they hurting? You guys act like it's so hard to scroll past them.
      Honda-Tech thought that way, did nothing about the people, and is consequently now a total shit hole.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      I don't need my dick sucked.
      Speak for yourself deeve, but personally I LOVE getting my dick sucked

Originally posted by Maple50175
      Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Yeah, but I don't want any of you sonsabitches doing it!

And every year I get a box containing a dead hooker for my birthday... because cb7tuner members are thoroughly incapable of poking holes in a freakin box so she can breathe... so that's not happening either.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
          I agree with your sentiment about there being too many "followers". This isn't limited to CB7Tuner.com, but is something that is infecting the entire industry. Nutswingers abound coast to coast and there are very few people that still do what they want instead of falling in line with what the internet thinks is right.
          I hate when people complain that there are too many "Followers." I'm willing to bet that what the people want just happens to be what "the internet thinks is right." Thing's become trends b/c there many people like them.

I understand that there are attention whores out there that will do anything to be the center or attention but I highly doubt they are out there buying trendy stuff just b/c it's trendy... they must like it.

When I modded my Sentra I got the BC2 kit which was one of the most common kits for the sentra. I got it b/c I liked the way the lines flowed with the car.

Edit: Also not everyone can be unique there are only so many options out there.
          "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
          - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I think the "followers" referred to initially were those that constantly kiss my ass. "deev says it, so it must be right!"

TheNextEpisode said it best at the top of this page. There is a fine line between showing respect and brown-nosing.
            Following the rules of this site is showing respect. To me, to the staff, and to the other members. That doesn't make you a follower.
            Brown nosing... it won't get you anything here. Kissing my ass won't get you off the hook if you break the rules in the future.

Hell, Scott (owequitit) is a perfect example. He and I butt heads all the time. He has never kissed my ass. He'll outright argue with me if he thinks I'm wrong. And I'll do the same right back to him. There was a time where I even stripped him of his moderator powers for a very short time (this time, he stepped down of his own accord, for no negative reason.) However, we respect each other. I consider him a friend.

I may not always be right... but my policies on this forum are not open for discussion. They are what they are, and they will be enforced as I see fit.

Comment

Again, I'll put my 2 cents in. Bottom line, and this is my opinion, but... :

HT? A forum.
              CB7T? A community.

And that is all. Some will argue HT is a community too. Well, again imho, that is only if you're doing what everyone else wants to see to your car. The second you ask any type of "n00b" question, you usually get 2 pages or more of flamage.

life is good.

Comment

I think it's refreshing that mods keep people in check and everyone is relatively courteous here. How does abrasive + roud treatment of others benefit the forum?

I don't think the moderation is done to the point where the forum is limited. And noobs get shitted on a lot for dumb questions + behavior- by mods. I myself have got into it here with a few people w/o mods getting involved.

Honestly, I think you're salty because I'm guessing one of your homies got the ban stick for going too far. Strange that you've been here for 3 years, w/all exactly the same moderators and style of moderating, but this has only now become a problem for you

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I am way too exhuasted to read the 100 posts before me. but I'll answer what i have seen in the first four posts.

I see what youre trying to do and its not gunna work. if you dont like the site, leave.

Also like Mike has said, its his site and he can do what he wants to it and he can enforce it the way he wants it. If you dont like it, go create your own site and make up your own rules.

i dont post on Hondatech or anything.

The only forums I post on are three, CB7T and two other ones. Cb7 is tied with one of the other forums I post on.

CB7 is a great place, sure you have a few morons, but they get weeded out quickly and quietly ( for the most part). I mean people are allowed to express t heir opinions and Ih ave seen it go for a far amount of time before it gets handled. usually, as long as their is a point being made in all of this, the mods will let it go on.

As Always, thank you for flying Cb7tuner.com and I hope to see you soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                    I hate when people complain that there are too many "Followers." I'm willing to bet that what the people want just happens to be what "the internet thinks is right." Thing's become trends b/c there many people like them.
                    Ok, I guess I need to explain my thoughts a little more in depth. Here it goes....

Let's say that some guy up in Minnesota gets some awesome idea and decides that putting a shark fin antenna on the top of his car is the coolest thing since sliced bread. Odds are, he will do so and post it up on Honda-Tech. Subsequently, he will get flamed by everyone and their brother telling him that it's dumb and completely non-functional.

What if it wasn't the guy up in Minnesota that had this idea but, rather, was one of the guys from SoCal's infamous Phaze2 crew. He does the exact same thing and posts it up on good ole H-T to the praise of all that come into the thread with comments like "Damn, shit's baller son" and "Imma get dat fa sho!". After a month or two, you start seeing a number of people driving around with shark fin antennas on their cars thinking they're the shit.

The idea itself wasn't what made it a trend. It's the fact of who did it and the amount of influence they control over the majority of the tuning population, who are two naive or weak to think of ideas on their own.

This isn't to put anyone from SoCal or Phaze2 on blast, I'm just providing an example. Hell, look all over the place and for every 1 car that has low offset wheels that fit there are 10 cars that attempted to do the same and failed miserably.

Honestly, the scene right now has a lot of really great people in it. I'm glad to have a number of the friends I do that are actually pushing the boundaries and doing what they want. However, I recognize that for each one of these friends that I do have there are 5 people that just suck ass at modding and have half-assed, trendy cars with miss-matched parts that they've heard of that they think are cool.

I understand that there are attention whores out there that will do anything to be the center or attention but I highly doubt they are out there buying trendy stuff just b/c it's trendy... they must like it.
                    I guess you have missed every kid out there that has "JDM" this and "Mugen" that parts on their cars. People buy stuff like that because of the name that goes along with it. They've read enough on forums to know what's considered "cool" and they're trying to replicate it, albeit very poorly.

Edit: Also not everyone can be unique there are only so many options out there.
                    This is so far from the truth I could write for days on it.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      This is your warning. You have 3 days. Collect contact information for all those that you are doing business with, and get your affairs in order. If I decide to ban you, it won't happen for 3 days. If I decide to ban you, it will be permanent.
                      *Patiently waiting*

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                        *Patiently waiting*
                        This just goes to support my argument that when drama is allowed to continue, uninvolved people become involved for no good reason.

Comment

This forum isn't over-moderated, please.

You "complainers" would never last over on ford-trucks.com which has an abundant of awesome information and people all about Ford trucks & SUVs. Over there, absolutely no cussing is allowed, absolutely no even slightly non-family friendly topics or pictures&videos are allowed. It is strictly all about good information and a family friendly environment and they are very strict on their rules. They're sitting at 540,000 registered users and growing. Stop your complaining. Would you go visit your friends' family and complain about what time he goes to bed or eats supper or sends his kids to bed or tv programs he chooses? It's his home, enjoy the visit or leave, plain and simple.

If you have a problem with a rule or way this forum is run, you should probably do the mature, responsible thing and contact deev privately instead of whining in public. Just sayin.
                          My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
                            HT? A forum.
                            CB7T? A community.
                            R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

If you think this site is over-moderated, you clearly haven't been a member on many forums. Considering Deev isn't using this site as a cash cow (which he could) I'd say everyone on this site is lucky to have him footing the bill.

I like this site because it gives me a sense of pride in owning my CB7. It's a 93 accord and nobody else cares but other members here.
                              My Car
                              FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

this forum i wouldn't say is over moderated just more so than before. i still remembered being threaten by a member and being on thin ice many times with deev a while back. those were good times

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
                                I don't think so, but I am a mod that barely has time to post anymore let alone moderate much.
                                why not step down then? i'm sure there are more capable members

Originally posted by RagingAsian View Post
                                I see what youre trying to do and its not gunna work. if you dont like the site, leave.

If you dont like it, go create your own site and make up your own rules.
                                90% sure that is not the message deev wants to portray

i say bring back the staff from 07, those were the coolest mods

Comment

Working...
                                X