Who else thinks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose.

It's just that when I think CB, I think 20-25 year old's, if not even slightly younger.
    I think E30, E36 and 30-35 comes to mind.

Like I said, just me You don't have to agree or see it my way, that's what I love about this forum. I won't get burnt to a crispycrisp from flaming, generally...

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
      I suppose.

It's just that when I think CB, I think 20-25 year old's, if not even slightly younger.
      I think E30, E36 and 30-35 comes to mind.

Like I said, just me You don't have to agree or see it my way, that's what I love about this forum. I won't get burnt to a crispycrisp from flaming, generally...
      You are right for the CB - But the E30 is mid 80's though which generally means enthusiasts own them, and that coincides with the E36.
      The price of them also relates to the general market. School kids don't usually get BMW's due to the initial buy price, plus the cost of maintenance (parts) is generally more expensive on European models.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

To everyone in this thread:

Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
        Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
        Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
        Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

You bet your sweet ass I did. Now someone hand me the lotion, my balls are starting to chafe and it's making me mad. I don't like to be mad! Ooh, my butt hole itches, excuse me while I scoot across the carpet

Come on guys, let's all hold hands and form a circle jerk. Shall we? who wants to be the pivot man?

And this is my contribution to this. Thank you, have a nice day

Comment

all im sick of is reading.....

"if u dont like it then leave" or anything along those lines.... obviously the people who are here are for one reason or another, that doesnt mean we have to agree with everything....

things have changed, some for the better some for the worse.... considering the cost of these cars, and the demographic that can afford them, id say we are doing pretty well.

"Tucking tires and wires."
            The Chronicles.

Comment

The line between displaying respect and brown nosing can be pretty vague sometimes. I definitely agree with the OP, at least to the extent that said followers can be annoying and frankly, pretty transparent.

The good thing though, is that I sense the mods here are experienced enough not to get bloated egos from the brown nosers. As such, the brown nosing really doesn't result in anything further than an annoyance, without any serious detriment to the forum.

Comment

I love and hate this site ...sorta

Hmmmm ....

I love all the people , hate knowing that with a temper like mine i would be banned for saying things the way I do outside of this place , however , because of the mods there is a lack of douchebags saying ignorant shit like HT and some of the ther sites , so I realized it makes no difference cause there is never a reason for me to be pissed off to the extent of wanting to smash some tool's head ... with that said Ive been here a while and have seen many things , Ive typed to some noobs a long flame and then completelly backspaced the whole thing because I realized im not on honda tech and it would probably start a war and bans ect ... Now Im going to tell you , " I AM NOT AFFRAID OF YOU OR ANYONE OF THE MEMBERS ON THIS SITE " people that know me can vouche for my lack of FEAR of anything ... but I come to this site and this site only because I dont have to sift through a bunch of kids bitchin about nothing that matters to me to find that one thread I enjoy reading . or gain something from . for instance I love your rebelious not so rebelious thread , but even yourself was careful to make the last statement in one of your posted to clear it up and make sure you are not starting a flame thread , would you have had to make that clear elswhre prob not , so if it makes you think before you say something ignorant or rude or even borderline offensive and you stop and say a few extra words properly to get across your point then guess what ...... ITS WORKING , the mods have made this place pleasant and as for DEEV , he is as chill and willing to listen to reason as anyone else , but he is the owner and needs to kinda keep up with almost everything on this site , not hard but a job I wouldnt want , I am one of a few that has chilled with him GREAT GUY and would never act power hungry ...trust me ...

One of my friends happens to have one of the fastest most rediculous turbo builds on the site , naturally this brings attention and lots of heated discussions about who and whats faster and built better ect .... and I have been right in the middle of some heated arguements that got REALLY HOTT TEMPERED , BUT the mods did not close them because it was not flaming it was relevent to what was being said and between the people argueing it out there was knowledge to be gained ... but when it becomes about who has ugle headlights or big ugly wings those opinions ... people gain nothing from useless opinions such as the one I just said .... not my style but I can guarentee there is atleast one person right now on this site that loves his huge wing and projector headlights ... but is there knowledge to be gain about the thread flame saying that looks *** or Ricer .. I dont think so ...

ok so im exhausted and ranting at this point , but I understand the first statement , but I also know that this site above ALLLLL forums ive ever gone on does the least amount of flaming , simply cause it makes you think twice about saying something useless and ignorant .. GOOD JOB MODS , cause I wouldnt personally hang around if this place became honda tech at all ..
                Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

oh yeah , I have to say ..."FOLLOWERS " ??? what are you talking about with this statement , right from Jump we are followers of something we all have a 90-93 accord cb7 , lets be honest thats not a huge realm of different mods , if I see someone with something and I think its hottt and I want it for my ride .. so be it , does that mean I followed that guy .... YOU BET YOUR ASS , it looked good ... I have my own opinions and ideas as does anyone else but literally the whole Economical system is based on followers , you see a neighbor has a new car its sik you want one you buy one .. boom thats the way it works ... come on followers yes .. bad thing .. not so much ... LOL

We are here to look and learn about the "SAME" car .. we are all followers ..

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
                    The line between displaying respect and brown nosing can be pretty vague sometimes. I definitely agree with the OP, at least to the extent that said followers can be annoying and frankly, pretty transparent.

The good thing though, is that I sense the mods here are experienced enough not to get bloated egos from the brown nosers. As such, the brown nosing really doesn't result in anything further than an annoyance, without any serious detriment to the forum.
                    ok way off topic, but check this out , I know many people that would say those leds in those headlights are ricey , I want those leds in my headlight , I have JDM one peices about to go on in springs .. and those leds in my "opinion look SIK " Im about to become a follower instantly cause I want those .. but I dont think I personally want to open my one piecers to do it .. any asistance would help

Comment

Originally posted by Noxidea View Post
                      oh yeah , I have to say ..."FOLLOWERS " ??? what are you talking about with this statement , right from Jump we are followers of something we all have a 90-93 accord cb7 , lets be honest thats not a huge realm of different mods , if I see someone with something and I think its hottt and I want it for my ride .. so be it , does that mean I followed that guy .... YOU BET YOUR ASS , it looked good ... I have my own opinions and ideas as does anyone else but literally the whole Economical system is based on followers , you see a neighbor has a new car its sik you want one you buy one .. boom thats the way it works ... come on followers yes .. bad thing .. not so much ... LOL

We are here to look and learn about the "SAME" car .. we are all followers ..
                      I guess as far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't necessarily define followers as people that replicate modifications they see. I really don't have an issue with that. If someone sees something they like, then by all means go for it.

The followers I'm specifically referring to are more 'mental' followers; those that read a [potentially unjustified] sentence or theory and then go around repeating it without adding any new thought or information. That, when done in the presence of the original founder of the sentence/theory, often leads to the brown nosing that I was referring to.

Originally posted by Noxidea View Post
                      ok way off topic, but check this out , I know many people that would say those leds in those headlights are ricey , I want those leds in my headlight , I have JDM one peices about to go on in springs .. and those leds in my "opinion look SIK " Im about to become a follower instantly cause I want those .. but I dont think I personally want to open my one piecers to do it .. any asistance would help
                      haha yeah even I think they're a little ricer. Whatever though, I'm pleased with the work that I put into them, so as long as they work, I'll continue to rock 'em. I appreciate the comment, man!

I would also be terrified of putting them on one-piecers.
                      You could put the LEDs along the outer rim of the headlight lens. That method has several pros, including easier servicing, easier install, and most importantly, less intrusion on the gorgeous one-piecers. Check out Ronald_Type-R's car, as well as jmolina's and cfields2702's respective projects. Or, click my sig to get redirected to my progress page.

Of little note, I didn't go that route, as I was really trying to get inside-headlight LEDs to work. This was partly because I liked the look, and partly because I'm stubborn.
                      Last edited by TheNextEpisode; 02-09-2010, 06:30 AM.

Comment

there is no point in keeping people on a forum that just add fuel to flames and start shit. They diminish the value of the site and have no place there. No matter their experience by being sheer assholes they negate all advice because no one wants to hear it and no one can ask questions because they are met quickly with harsh words and are immediately pushed away from the site...thus another potential helpful member leaves because someone wants to be a dick

as to followers...still haven't clearly defined what OP meant...gave a little info as to what he meant there I guess...but whatever...you always get folks that echo others no matter what, and then those who accuse of everyone of being followers just because they agree with someone logical train of thought or valid observations...whatever.
                        Last edited by bcjammerx; 02-10-2010, 03:49 PM.
                        ____

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post

Originally Posted by imabitch
                          I have no clue how. And I wasnt being a smart ass. I REALLY was only helping you out. I figured if I let them know, they wouldnt do it again. SOOOOOO SORRY! I'll just go back in hiding for another 2 years.

.... to deev after this guy told some new members to be more helpful and contribute useful information and deeve told him to let the mods do their job.
                          That also followed a 7 PM conversation about how the guy has "been around for years under his girls name and hes not a noob anymore so why should it matter if all his posts are 'x2' and 'i agree'". That post of his was not an attempt to be helpful. It was a childish tantrum posted immediately after our PM conversation, and I called him on it.

You see, your bitching is based on your limited perception. Over-moderated? I hope so. Mission accomplished. My staff actually does the jobs assigned to them.

Flaming is limited, because it NEVER stays between the members that are originally involved. It spreads, causing chaos throughout the forum. We allow it to a point, because sometimes people need to be put in their place. But once it gets out of hand, it's not productive... and we shut it down.

I'm all for banning no one.

Also, I hate reading about how much he "pays" for this place. He uses it to hold above people all of the time. If it's such a hassle then I'm sure there are many others that would like to take it off of his hands.
                          If you don't like it, scroll past it

Honestly, the cost isn't all that much. I can handle it. I only bring up the fact that I pay for this site when someone tries to tell me how to run it. This is MY site. This is MY house. I only ask that you respect each other, and follow the fairly limited number of rules that have been written. That's it. I don't need my ass kissed. I don't need my dick sucked. I don't need love letters in the mail.
                          You're right, I'm just one of the guys. Unlike most forum owners, I'm right here with you guys. I post more than anyone. I openly admit that my knowledge level is most likely in the bottom 50% of the members here. Unfortunately, that puts me in the line of fire. I can't be the rarely-seen overseer. I'm down in it... and occasionally I have to step out of the role of 'one of the guys' and take charge... because it's my job. Honestly, I owe it to the members of this forum to do my job... because if i didn't, this place wouldn't be what it is.

The tech threads are rarely moderated. They rarely need to be, because people are sharing information, not opinions.

Off Topic threads are disposable. The OT sections are very important to create and maintain a sense of community... they're where the family feeling of this forum comes from. However, when an OT thread goes bad, it's gone.

Beginner threads are heavily moderated. That is where members learn how this site works, and get a handle on the basics of their cars. By putting people in line in those restricted sections, it limits the level of bullshit in the rest of the forum. Do you really want to see 5 threads saying 'wut moter cn i put n my car bro i gotz a spoon b18 reddy to put in dere is dat gud?"
                          Telling that member that his childish typing is idiotic, and directing him to the "sticky" threads that contain the popular swaps will greatly improve bot his experience and ours. Keeping that in the noobie playpen makes this a much saner place overall.

That section is absolutely over-moderated. To the point of post pruning.

The ultimate lesson I want people to learn on this forum is respect. Not for me... i don't really care if people like or respect me... but for the members that they're asking for help. If you want help, show respect for the people that you're asking to take their time to help you. If it takes over-moderation to promote that concept, so be it.

As for my tolerance getting lower (as King James said)... that is unfortunately true. 5 years ago, I was a naive zombie. Hapily bouncing along in what I thought was a secure path for my life. 3 years ago, everything fell to pieces. Now, i work 100+ hours a week kicking people out of their homes. This site has also doubled in size over the past 5 years.
                          So do I have time to cater to every little question? Gently nudge every disrespectful idiot along the proper path? No. I'll tell you to go fuck yourself, and lock the thread that you created on my forum. ONLY IF it has no value to this community.

As for Jose being banned... read his last few posts, and understand why it happened (and also understand that there was CONSIDERABLE communication between Jose and myself via PM and IM... as well as communication with all others involved.)
                          Then read the recent posts by kentucky accord. Kentucky says pretty much the same thing Jose said... but he said so with respect. The only thing I truly demand on this site. He has not been banned. In fact, I have actually taken his words into careful consideration.

I hadn't intended this to be a long rant, but I guess that's how it ended up.

You are entitled to your opinion. I don't mind. However, this is cb7tuner.com. not r3vlimited.com, honda-tech, or any other forum. I have no desire to try to turn this into any other forum. It is what it is. Aside from a few things that I need to address (like organizing the rules a bit better...) this forum is exactly what I want it to be. I can't cater to everyone. I can't make everyone happy. The best thing I can do is stay true to my vision of this forum, remain consistent, and hope it's good enough. So far, so good.

Comment

This forum is over moderated and filled with a bunch of followers?

...or am I going to get a bunch of (cookie cutter) replies about how I'm out of line.

(And before the inevitable why are you here: I still like to look at nice accords, I still know too much random stuff about these cars, I know some guys from here, and I hardly post. Just curious if I'm the only one with this opinion)
                            Because, if it weren't "ever moderated" it would end up like Honda-tech. I've made this comment, and deev didnt appreciate it too much.

Honda-tech sucks if your not one of the ballers on there...such as tearing the entire car down, completely re-doing everything...

Honda-tech is full of assholes and people who aren't willing to help others. This place isn't like that. I get tired of Honda-tech...thats why i always come back here when people turn into douchebags.

So...in a nut shell...its "over moderated" so we dont have a bunch of cocky motherfuckers rolling around here that dont know shit about anything.

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Agreed.

H-T is full of 3 types of people...

True enthusiasts that make 99.999% of the members here look like total noobs. Those people usually just post progress threads about their projects, because they know all they need to know (or they have sources other than a public forum to get the information they need...) These people will usually help someone that asks a question, as long as that someone does so respectfully... and shows that they're actually capable of understanding and using the information given to them in an answer. Otherwise, it's just a waste of time to answer.

Nutriding "OG" members... that act like they know everything, play buddy buddy with the true enthusiasts, and make everyone else feel stupid. These people may know something... but not nearly as much as they think. These are the people who ruin that site.

And finally, there are the true noobs. The people that know nothing, and don't know how to learn. They're the ones that get set ablaze by the group above. As a result, they never learn anything... other than how to get their post count up high enough, and stick around until their join date is old enough for them to feel as if they've "been around for a while"... then they join the ranks of the flamers, and repeat the process.

Comment

I get where he's coming from. Basically he sees everyone being over apologetic...and sees that a majority of the members (save face for the older members) walk on egg shells.

In my opinion theres a right way to go about saying something stupid instead of just blurting it out.

Idk but I've seen an influx of useless topics being posted up allot lately.
                                Henry R
                                Koni/Neuspeed
                                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
                                X