Viral video of a girl texting....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viral video of a girl texting....

So did anyone see that viral video of a girl texting and then falling into a fountain? I laughed out loud at first but then i realized had she been in a car instead, she would have wrecked into someone or something and that would have been bad.

Please don't text and drive.

You mean this?

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
    PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

yeah that's the one.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
        yeah that's the one.
        Wow

Comment

If the same situation was in a car, she'd have flipped off a bridge into the river.
          No other casualties, except maybe innocent fishermen.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Now you know why there are so many laws being passed about texting and driving. before long all phones will be required to have 'talk to text'.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
              Now you know why there are so many laws being passed about texting and driving. before long all phones will be required to have 'talk to text'.
              Yea this is definitely why.

The problem with TTT is that you have to initiate it...by still pressing a button.....and then when your done talking you have to hit another button to send....imo that is still to much.

I think that we need to fund education for this much like we did with DD in the 80's and 90's.

I don't see how tech will help this situation.....people need to learn to put the fucking phone down and think of someone else.

I know getting teenagers and kids to think ahead is almost impossible BUT i never had a problem with drinking and driving because i KNEW the outcome that would happen if i did....id lose my driving privellege or WORSE wound or kill someones child, brother, sister etc. and id never be able to live with that guilt so i was responsible.

Kids can learn and make the right decision they just need to have the consequences drilled into them and i believe on some level see what actions produce...i.e. graphic images.

Ill never forget as long as i live the pictures i saw in High school of people cut in half by drunk drivers hitting them at 90+MPH etc.

They need to see what a vehicle is capable of and that they are the only ones who can prevent it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post

Ill never forget as long as i live the pictures i saw in High school of people cut in half by drunk drivers hitting them at 90+MPH etc.

They need to see what a vehicle is capable of and that they are the only ones who can prevent it.

Where I live at, if you get a ticket of any kind and your under 18, you have to take this 'driving class' and they have pictures like that, that they show at the end and man it did hit home.
                COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
                  Where I live at, if you get a ticket of any kind and your under 18, you have to take this 'driving class' and they have pictures like that, that they show at the end and man it did hit home.
                  Exactly. I don't care who you are, when those pictures come up on the screen the joking stops dead in its tracks and you(should) feel something come over you that makes you not want to ever be in that situation or put someone in that situation.

Granted i realize it wont work for everyone, obv we still have drunk driving but the text and driving is a new phenomenon and hopefully they won't sink billions of dollars into useless tech that they could have spent on Education that would probably see more benefits.

You can always bypass technology.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                    No other casualties, except maybe innocent fishermen.

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                    Im waiting for this. And I want it for this very reason. I hate texting and driving. I wont say if Ive done it or not, but, yeah.

My old, non-touch/non-smart, phone had grooves on the buttons and i could FEEL each number so i could text while keeping my eyes on the road. I cant do that with my new phone.

There is an app called RoadSMS that utilizes your phones camera and was initially meant to be used while walking and texting. Apparently, she's never heard of it. I have a feeling that, even if she did have it, she still still wouldve ended up in the fountain.

I keep saying it(and saying it and saying it and saying it and saying it[get it??]) but society is on it's way DOWN. Has been for the last...5 years? Maybe 6. Go watch the movie 'Idiocracy'. It will make your brain hurt and you'll find it EXTREMELY difficult to sit through, but just do it. You'll see. That's exactly where our world is headed. No joke.

Kids these days, let's say...under 21, aren't exactly getting smarter. Sorry people, but it's true. If you're in that age range and I offended you then blame your peers. They're getting lazier and their parents are getting more and more lienient about rules and beatings. Thats another thing; that needs to make a comeback. When i was a kid, and i fucked up, i got my ass beat. I learned my lessons pretty quick.

It used to be survival of the fittest. You learned from the mistakes of those around you and did your best not to make them yourself. Nowadays, kids, and people, arent allowed to make mistakes. We have helmets and outlet covers and laws about leaving kids alone and beating your kids, etc and IMO, they need to be removed.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                      My old, non-touch/non-smart, phone had grooves on the buttons and i could FEEL each number so i could text while keeping my eyes on the road. I cant do that with my new phone.
                      My father works with the National Highway Safety Office doing studies on how phone use affects people while driving. While texting is still more dangerous due to taking your eyes off the road, the biggest influence of wrecks caused by phone use is due to letting your mind wander. Texting or talking on the phone lets your mind wander to the conversation you are having. This is where the problem lies. People think that just because they aren't looking at their phone a lot when texting or at all when talking, they are still at high risk of being involved in an accident.

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                      It used to be survival of the fittest. You learned from the mistakes of those around you and did your best not to make them yourself. Nowadays, kids, and people, arent allowed to make mistakes. We have helmets and outlet covers and laws about leaving kids alone and beating your kids, etc and IMO, they need to be removed.
                      Did you ever fall off your bike as a kid playing as a child? Imagine the pain your parents would have felt if you had hit your head and died or caused yourself massive brain damage. I'm pretty sure that all the things you mentioned we "learned from the mistakes of those around you" and we put them in place so we "did your best not to make them yourself".

I agree, people need to understand the consequences of their actions but taking away everything that protects us is not the way to go about it.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                      Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                        My father works with the National Highway Safety Office doing studies on how phone use affects people while driving. While texting is still more dangerous due to taking your eyes off the road, the biggest influence of wrecks caused by phone use is due to letting your mind wander. Texting or talking on the phone lets your mind wander to the conversation you are having. This is where the problem lies. People think that just because they aren't looking at their phone a lot when texting or at all when talking, they are still at high risk of being involved in an accident.
                        Then shouldnt the same rule apply to talking to someone who is actually IN the vehicle? I know there's that whole thing about teenagers not being to drive with othwer teens in the car with them, and perhaps that's why, but I think if you can argue that it's the conversation that distracts you, then talking to someone IN the vehicle is an equal distraction. I'd have to strongly disagree with it, too. I can carry on a conversation with a passenger and stay focused. Talking on the phone, for some reason, seems to be a distraction though.

Did you ever fall off your bike as a kid playing as a child? Imagine the pain your parents would have felt if you had hit your head and died or caused yourself massive brain damage. I'm pretty sure that all the things you mentioned we "learned from the mistakes of those around you" and we put them in place so we "did your best not to make them yourself".

I agree, people need to understand the consequences of their actions but taking away everything that protects us is not the way to go about it.
                        This is true. Taking away the things that protect us wont make us safer or smarter, but to some degree, i think it will. Look at all the things invented in the passed 10-15 years. Outlets covers, child-safe drawer/cabinet locks. Child-proof lighters. These things were invented because parents either didnt teach their children to stay away from those things or because they werent paying attention enough and their child was hurt or killed. Again, survival of the fittest. It sucks and I know plenty of people have kids and Im not saying that their kids deserve whatever, it's all "IMO". There were lessons I learned as a kid. Some were on my own and i was "burned" and never made that mistake again. Others were ones i made and i was taught not to make it again by getting my ass beat. I learned pretty quick from that, too. I wasn't beaten to a pulp, or til i was black and blue but i got a belt, or a hair brush or a wooden spoon. I even got that pinch on the back of the arm. It's awkward and you hate it, but im glad I got it. Momma riased me right.

Im just saying that kids these days are way over-protected, IMO. Be it from themselves or others; they're not allowed to make certain mistakes that, again IMO, all children should make in order to learn from. You can't learn from mistakes you're not allowed to make.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

All android phones have TTT. It's pretty accurate too.
                          MRT
                          37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                          30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                          27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                          Originally posted by Tippey764
                          I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          sneaky motherfucker

Comment

And, in the past, when you heard about a friend/relative/person in the news, dying from (insert action here), most people decided to no longer said action. How many people are going to have to die from texting while driving/walking, etc before we stop? dont make it illegal, because people will continue to do it. They'll just bitch about having to pay a ticket for it. People dont learn anymore and they need to start.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
                              All android phones have TTT. It's pretty accurate too.
                              Mine doesnt...

Comment

Working...
                              X