What to do when the seller of a car signs the title where the buyer should

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do when the seller of a car signs the title where the buyer should

Ok i've never had to deal with this before so maybe some of you can help. I have a guy that wants to trade me cars. He has the title to his but he said that the guy he got it from signed the title where the buyer should and not where the seller is supposed to. He can't get ahold of the guy he got the car from. The vehicle is in Mississippi and I have no clue if their laws differ from Florida as far as a title goes. From what i've read so far you need to take it to the dmv and it's not too hard to get everything straightened out. One person told me it would be around $50 to get this fixed but here again i've never had this happen to me so I have no clue. Does anyone know what to do about this?

I would call/go to the DMV (MDOT here) and tell them the problem. Ask what to do.
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Yeah I got the number to the Department of Public Safety in Mississippi but the battery on my phone is dead right now. I figured while it's charging i'd ask on here and see what suggestions people had. Thanks Geoff.

Comment

If i had to guess id say someone(you i guess) is going to have to send a payment for a new title.....but i guess they could do things differently but that title is not valid really since its signed improperly so if they do things the right way theyll issue a new title so all is legit.

Comment

Thanks Ralphie. I was a little skeptical when he first started telling me about it but I talked to him again today and found out what he meant by "signed wrong" and I didn't think it would be too big of a deal. Now I just need to get up enough money to trailer my car over to him and bring the rex back.

Comment

Ya i mean i think it falls under the "lost" title category.

You just pay and they issue a new one and the old one is null and void.

Again ive never dealt with this myself but im going on what ive heard other people have to do in similar situations.

Comment

your guyses vehicle registration is whack compared to ours.

Comment

The other guy needs to get it taken care of. Make him do it before you trade or do anything else regarding that car.
                If he still has a title with the previous owner's signature on it, he hasn't turned it over in his own name yet. You could end up with a car you can't do anything with, or worse, a hot car he's trying to get rid of.

Never get involved with a car with a questionable title. If the person getting rid of it doesn't have it, make them get it.

Comment

That's what I was thinking also poet. The title to my car isn't in my name but I have the bill fo sell and everything. Also my insurance company checked out the vin before I did antyhing with it and they told me everything was good to go so I went ahead and got it. This guy doesn't want to sell the car though, only trade. It doesn't seem like anything is up with it but idk. I think i'm going a different route anyways now. It would have been nice to have a crx with a b20 in it though.

Comment

Neither of these have a messed up title but here's two of the other ones i've been looking at it.

Comment

both those cars better be the turbo model or you are wasting your gotdamn time!

no
                      Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                      $30 HID kits here Thread
                      "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                      "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Working...
                      X