4 wheeler modifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 wheeler modifications

Iv got a 2003 Honda Sporttrax 90cc I bought from a friend that fits me so PERFECT and the power output is substantial for such a tiny motor, but im feeling the need for speed and its just not cutting it.

Iv added foglights to it and now I want to get some more aggressive plastics.

What could I do to siphon more power out of the tiny motor? Or does anyone know of a motor that would swap over to the existing chassis without any heavy fabrication?
    Last edited by Bullhorn7; 02-21-2011, 02:35 AM.
    -Will

How big are you? Also is that shaft or chain driven? I think it's chain but I can't remember. If so then you might want to check the dimensions on some of Hondas CR dirtbike motors. They're 2 stroke and would definitely give it a bump in power lol. If you could fit the cr125 motor in it that would probably be enough. If nothing else open up the intake and exhaust on what you have or search around for a big bore or stroker kit for that motor. Other than that there's always nitrous lol. Seriously. Also you could change up the gearing on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
      How big are you? Also is that shaft or chain driven? I think it's chain but I can't remember. If so then you might want to check the dimensions on some of Hondas CR dirtbike motors. They're 2 stroke and would definitely give it a bump in power lol. If you could fit the cr125 motor in it that would probably be enough. If nothing else open up the intake and exhaust on what you have or search around for a big bore or stroker kit for that motor. Other than that there's always nitrous lol. Seriously. Also you could change up the gearing on it.
      Its chain driven. and im about 5'10 and 126 pounds. and iv thought about beefier carbs and even turboing it. Nitrous sounds cool but wouldnt it be too much for the little thing? lol

Dirt bike motor sounds good I think my friend has a old 2 stroke motor sitting around. Il ask him about it.
      -Will

Comment

You'd probably want one of these. You'll need to do a bit of fab to make it fit though
        MRT
        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
        Originally posted by Tippey764
        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
        Originally posted by deevergote
        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
          You'd probably want one of these. You'll need to do a bit of fab to make it fit though
          3 posts, and already a comedian with nothing useful to add.

BTW Whats up with your sig?

OP - you could drop a bigger motor in it, but honestly its only going to make the bike more "Un-useable"
          - Giving it more power won't help if it can't handle it.
          You really need to step up in frame size to make the most of it.
          If you think you need more power, then you need a bigger frame with a bigger motor.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
            ]OP - you could drop a bigger motor in it, but honestly its only going to make the bike more "Un-useable"
            If you think you need more power, then you need a bigger frame with a bigger motor.
            That's not necessarily true. My brother is into quads and dirtbikes, owns an 86 250R with a 410 cc race motor in it that puts out over 54 whp (built, not bought. He's done so much nice work to it that I'm proud of it for him lol), a Suzuki 230, and a Honda 400. He also owns a fifty cc pit bike with a 140 cc engine in it. A bigger frame might make it unrideable for the OP, considering his slender size. It takes some mass to move the bigger beasts around, where with a bigger motor or some gear changes, the quad he has could be perfect for him.

To the OP: Find a Honda quad forum and join up, just like you did here. Keeping the motor you have is definitely an option, with a change in gearing (which can make a big difference), you're probably going to want to change carbs or jets to get the most out of it. The n2o kits for quads and small bikes are inexpensive (usually less than $100) and are only an 8 hp shot, but that's a hell of a lot considering how little weight you're moving. You can also put a bigger engine it the frame without really affecting the rideability too much, or possibly just a race jug and better internals. You will then probably start looking into other mods, such as an extended swing arm, wider a-arms and axles, etc. You'll really get more solid information from a Honda Quad forum though.

Comment

That motor is AMAZING!!!

I'm glad you noticed.

Go find american cars suck. It's gone. Not locked. Gone.
              MRT
              37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
              30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
              27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
              Originally posted by Tippey764
              I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
              Originally posted by deevergote
              sneaky motherfucker

Comment

OP - you could drop a bigger motor in it, but honestly its only going to make the bike more "Un-useable"
                Hmm. I really like the size of it right now because I can quite literally throw the whole thing around and drift around corners. My friend has a 500 and a 750. The 750 is a PITA to turn but the 500 is smoother.

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                That's not necessarily true. My brother is into quads and dirtbikes, owns an 86 250R with a 410 cc race motor in it that puts out over 54 whp (built, not bought. He's done so much nice work to it that I'm proud of it for him lol), a Suzuki 230, and a Honda 400. He also owns a fifty cc pit bike with a 140 cc engine in it. A bigger frame might make it unrideable for the OP, considering his slender size. It takes some mass to move the bigger beasts around, where with a bigger motor or some gear changes, the quad he has could be perfect for him.

To the OP: Find a Honda quad forum and join up, just like you did here. Keeping the motor you have is definitely an option, with a change in gearing (which can make a big difference), you're probably going to want to change carbs or jets to get the most out of it. The n2o kits for quads and small bikes are inexpensive (usually less than $100) and are only an 8 hp shot, but that's a hell of a lot considering how little weight you're moving. You can also put a bigger engine it the frame without really affecting the rideability too much, or possibly just a race jug and better internals. You will then probably start looking into other mods, such as an extended swing arm, wider a-arms and axles, etc. You'll really get more solid information from a Honda Quad forum though.
                Alright il see if I can find one. Im def considering changing the gearing, I need to change the clutch anyway. I just want enough power on it to be able to compete with my friends "big boy" 4 wheelers. My friend has a Lifan 125cc 4 stroke motor that was given to him a couple years back. He doesnt even know if it runs.
                -Will

Comment

buy something bigger..my 7y/o daughter rides a 110 and dont get me wrong its super fun to ride..... add a few beers and the thing is great

Comment

Working...
                  X