Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friends

Check this out peep's. My one of my close friend i have had since high school ,has meet this chick with last 2 weeks and is getting married . I was stumped. He has not had the best luck with women and i'm kinda like wooow.We went to high school with her , but she was a grade a head of us.Mind you we kinda knew her , but damn a lot can change in 11 years . But i have to wish him the best of luck cause he's my boy .
    Any input on very fast meet and wed ?
    What would you say to one of your best friends if this happen to you ?

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Well written, would read again.
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Research how much it costs to get divorced in your state, then show that to him.
      2 weeks is WAY too short, even if they were acquaintances in high school.

Edit: Pics of girl. And him I suppose. Is she out of his league?

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

wow, 2 weeks is pretty quick...

shit, I've known my gf for like 4 years and we've only been together about a year and a half, though I do forsee marriage in the not so distant future.

Comment

I have learned from personal experience that it is better to speak your mind than to let him think you agree with what he is doing. Talk to him and ask him what the F#@k is going on. I didn't say anything and my best friend was in the midst of a divorce within 2 years. Can't say I didn't see it coming, but I didn't say anything at the time becuase I thought he was truly happy. If I had of talked to him I would have seen that it wasn't all peaches & cream like it seemed.
          Last edited by GhostAccord; 03-18-2011, 03:34 PM.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
            Research how much it costs to get divorced in your state, then show that to him.
            2 weeks is WAY too short, even if they were acquaintances in high school.

Edit: Pics of girl. And him I suppose. Is she out of his league?
            This is his second round , to beat it all .His first lasted nearly a year. She was a freak ! Chick told me at my house that she once was a model. I was a little drunk and was honest abe said " what a f#### foot model ? " in front of my boy .
            So, yea he knows . We haven't spoke much since he told me this . I was in the CB7 driving and he called and told me he was getting married , I told him with 'in 2 seconds I would call him back ! This was 3-4-11.
            I heard yesterday it was going to go down on the 26th .

Comment

Damn, even the plans look to be a quick eloping. In January my older sister announced she and her boyfriend's (awesome dude, btw) plans to get married in September. They've been together at least seven years, I think they were before I moved out to Colorado anyway and that was in summer '04. Anyway, I'd talk him out of it. The situation smells fishy.
              Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-18-2011, 04:08 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

one of my friends that to work with met a girl on eharmony and married her two months later. He's been married for 4 years now and still going but i agree that 2 weeks seems to be too quick. How much does he really know her? like you said it has been 11 years or something.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                  Well written, would read again.

well.. would TRY to read again..

Comment

If a girl is going to get married without a real wedding, only two things could be occurring, a baby, or a big mistake.

Women don't just up and marry, (especially for the 1st time) without a "to do" of some sort. Who plans, invites and executes a real wedding in two weeks???

I vote for Fish.
                    Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

no pic no care.
                      To-Do List for Today
                      Be Awesome

Comment

Maybe she got knocked up by another dude and now wants a quality baby-daddy...

Comment

She's after his inheritance.
                          MRT
                          37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                          30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                          27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                          Originally posted by Tippey764
                          I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          sneaky motherfucker

Comment

thanks for the comments . IDK, what the deal is .love is blind sometimes .amen to that.i do not want to go saying what i feel , but oh well we can only live our lives and not others.

Comment

Hopefully he's not making a mistake. It DOES seem hasty, but who knows? One of my best friends was telling me that her parents fell in love while writing letters back and forth (he was in Vietnam), and got married shortly after they actually met in person. They're still happily married, with a well adjusted (though kinda weird) family!

My best friend married his gradeschool/highschool sweetheart. They broke up senior year, and after he whored himself around (and got rejected when proposing to another girl)... and after she was engaged to someone else... they reconnected. She called off the engagement, and started dating my friend. They got married 2 years later.
                              He is MISERABLE.

Comment

Working...
                              X