Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could have any car... for free... what would it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The supposed 2011 NSX. The one with the V8.

Or an Ford Interceptor

-Will

Comment

GTR. AWD, fast, great looking, and has enough of a back seat that it could pass for a family car.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
        GTR. AWD, fast, great looking, and has enough of a back seat that it could pass for a family car.
        I've sat back there for a 3 hour drive. It's not that bad at all and i'm not a tiny girl
        "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
        - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Nismo 370Z. It's gotta be cheaper to insure and maintain than a GT-R and it still looks sexy

psn: KoRn_LuVr

Comment

m3. but it has two be the rare 4 door from the mid 90s or even the rarer 91 M3 coupe.
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Honda Civic Type R Mugen RR

Cheap on insurance, 4 doors, not that expensive to maintain, Exclusive, Good for daily driving and good for the track. A true Performance dedicated 4 door, my favorite type of car.

A Mazdaspeed 6 or 2007 Accord v6 6 speed would have been a 2nd choice.
              Last edited by 1990accordex-r; 04-29-2011, 12:12 AM.

Comment

i have thought about this for a while now, and have narrowed it down to 6 after i graduate someday (being a part-time student sucks, dont have any kids and get divorced, no really dont do it)

no particular order

G35 coupe with sport package 6speed ( earlier models, they are a bit cheaper)
                - i would have to keep a savings fund specially for maintenance and stay on top of maintenance, always at the right miles, never slack at the first sign of trouble, identify and address common problems from consumer review and forums, learn as much as possible about the car, and i love the stock exhaust sounds
                -i would buy a spare bad vq35 and rebuild it to stock specs with oem part, but with performance rod bearings and if possible upgrade the bottom end for longevity not necessarily performance, also get a clutch kit to have so I can put it in at the first sign of trouble
                -insurance is i think pretty fair, where i live is good for the car

################################################## #####

RX8 (earlier models), I absolutely love the body of this car, and it’s a four door coupe, but its super slow and it sucks on gas milage so most def gotta get an intake on this one to at least improve the gas mileage. on this one I would save to either do an ls1 swap or a 2jz, most likely an ls1 cause I don’t feel like dealing with all the maintenance of a turbo motor, I just want reliability, and If I can get a little more power for the same gas mileage as the rotorary why not?? Also have a spare clutch kit ready to put in at the first sign of trouble

################################################## ###########

98-07 Accord (any trim that has a sunroof) do a manual swap if not already manual (either 5speed if 4cyl or 6speed if v6, and I can get a type s v6 from work for like $300, now the 6speed tranny, that sucker is like $1200, and also stay on top of maintenance , have a spare clutch kit to put at the first sign of trouble
                ################################################## #############

97-01 Prelude—rebuild the H, bottom end, piston rings, cometic HG, water pump and tb, head job, and have a spare clutch kit to put at the first sign of trouble

################################################## #########

RSX type S—do maintenance on the K, and stay on top of maintenance, have a spare clutch kit to put at the first sign of trouble
                ###############################

SE-R Altima or 02-05ish Maxima( vq35 powered and 6speed manual) ---these two are basically same car, except for the suspension on the SE-R, i would have the vq rebuilt to oem specs and just do maintenance on it

Cars i would love to own but i would not get because of cost of maintenance:
                *VR4 3000gt- my friend got one, he let me drive it hard, i loved every second of it, but just the ecu was 500, it's too high tech, adjustable sturts, performance brakes, single/dual exahust actuator and a bunch of other crap
                *Evo 8, 9, 10--costy maintenance
                *STI--hard to work on, expensive to ensure, tranny is weak
                *M3, M5 or stock 3 series convertible--its a bimmer....
                *Z06 Corvette, not ZR1 nor stock corvette, but the Z06, do some reasearch on how the z06 is built and you will see why i want one---
                *Neon srt4--its a dodge

Comment

ariel atom
                  <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by BILLYBOPROCK View Post
                    1969 Dodge Charger R/T Black with a red bumble bee stripe with a 426 Hemi and 727 Tourqueflight transmisson that would be all I need.
                    ^That, minus the bumble bee stripe, with a black leather interior!

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Comment

I still want an X5

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

RB320, a limited edition by Subaru and Prodrive.

Rest in peace, Mr. Burns

Oh yeah, the reasoning behind the decision: it's practical as far as hauling around a family and doing the grocery run are concerned. As it's free, paying for periodic maintenance is hardly an issue. Fun as a spirited daily driver and a track toy. Can handle a rough road extremely well. Exclusivity and the whole purpose of its existence, in memory of one of rally racing's all-time greats. Plus, it just looks sick.
                        Last edited by CyborgGT; 04-29-2011, 01:00 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

The new challenger with the 470hp 392
                          FA1

Comment

I'll take a new ferrari. not fussed about it catching on fire or parts breaking. a 458 1950's-1960's colour Verde 2 tone, the second colour Griogio Silverstone. standard rims in dark chrome and white brake calipers.
                            fully optioned. dual elcantra contrasting interior in nero with verde stitching.
                            carbon fibre with diamond leather headliner for the driver. daytona seat for the passenger.
                            4 point grigio seatbelt with piping.
                            alcantra carpet. black rev counter. I could go on but then I'd be getting specific.

Comment

hmm have to leave it stock , ok for just a good practical , good mileage , and very family friendly , even though its not fast or any thing , or good looking , I would have to say a new Prius , I,ve driven my friends 2010 prius , it drives real nice , it can haul a lot , very roomy and the mileage is great.

but unpractical thats easy new zr6 super charged corvette 638hp supercharged bad ass machine
                              needing a new project got rid of bagged S10 going back to Honda's

Comment

If I'm a family guy with a wife and 2 kids, the Bentley Flying Spur comes to mind..Soo comfortable, so pimp, fast enough with its W12 TT, and sooo easy to drive...But if it's going to be my only car, then maybe not..Regular maintenance for that car isn't the cheapest thing in the world..So the next best thing I'd choose would definitely be this:

Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG

6.0L V12 Biturbo, 621hp, 738ft/lbs@2000-4000RPM....Need I say more? S-Classes are perfect for daily driver..They're pretty reliable cars too, maintenance is definitely not as expensive as Bentleys...I personally love the C63 AMG, but that's more of a car for myself, not for the family lol..

2nd choice for a family car would be the '10 Quattroporte Sport GT with the 4.7L motor..It may not be as fast or as comfortable as the S65, but the exhaust note of this car is guaranteed to get you a LOT of attention and head-turning on the road...And yes, I'm talking about the STOCK exhaust note

Now, if it's just me and my lady, with no kids, then it's a totally different story Definitely won't be driving a +$1M level supercars like the Reventon, Enzo, MC12, Veyron, etc. for a DAILY driver...They might be nice cars, but you won't want to drive those cars everyday..I always get scared when I have to drive these cars..You're sitting on too much money, and you'll worry too much about the car, where to park, or what can happen when the car is out on public..And when shit does happen, it will cost way too much to fix, even for the stupid little things..Definitely not a practical DD!

F40 is still my ultimate dream car...But it's rather old now, and I'd imagine that the maintenance for that car wouldn't be cheap if I actually DD the car..458 Italia is a super fun car to drive, and looks really good when modded..But I wouldn't drive a stock one though, looks hideous. I definitely won't be driving an R35 GT-R either, especially a stock one! Not an exciting car to drive at all Feels just like a G37, but a bit faster..Fun car for straight line races I guess, but overall not a very engaging car IMO..For that kind of price range, there are definitely better cars out there..

My top choice for a DD if I don't have kids would be this:

Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SV

That, or the LP640..600+hp, AWD, fairly easy to maintain, such a blast to drive, and ridiculous amount of attention wherever you drive. Perfect DD! You can go to a grocery store, park the car and never have to worry about it..I've done that Price isn't too over-the-top either, so you can drive this around town without having to break a sweat about things that could happen I think I'd take these over the new LP700-4 Aventador..

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Working...
                                X