Its amazing how few new Japanese performance cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CBro7 View Post
    I'd take the Civic. My mom has a KIA. It needs to go to hell.
    LOL kia not for nothing the car that gives me the willies is the fuckin prius. My goodness most of the drivers end up in accidents? why is it because of the driver or the car like they always end up in accidents everytime I see them on the road an they are very wreckless.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
      TSX is AWD
      i direct you to the following
      Originally posted by acura.com
      Configuration

* Transversely mounted front engine, front-wheel drive
      To-Do List for Today
      Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
        LOL kia not for nothing the car that gives me the willies is the fuckin prius. My goodness most of the drivers end up in accidents? why is it because of the driver or the car like they always end up in accidents everytime I see them on the road an they are very wreckless.
        Fuck the Prius man. My cars burn fuel.

Comment

Fuck the Prius man. My cars burn fuel.
          So does the Prius.

Comment

My cars burn more fuel.

Comment

Well Toyota/Scion is coming out with the FR-S. Front engine, rear wheel drive, sports car = FR-S. 200hp on a flat 4. Ill be looking at one of these when it comes out. Motor Trend estimated the price starting out at around $24k. Not bad for a bad ass looking car IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                You can get a RWD turbo Hyundai (22k) with 70+ more tq for the same price as FWD Civic Si
                Nothing against the Genesis but those are just numbers, who knows if it can keep up with the Si.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeet Skeet View Post
                  Well Toyota/Scion is coming out with the FR-S. Front engine, rear wheel drive, sports car = FR-S. 200hp on a flat 4. Ill be looking at one of these when it comes out. Motor Trend estimated the price starting out at around $24k. Not bad for a bad ass looking car IMO.
                  I heard about that. Isn't it supposed to be the successor to the AE86?

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

how can you call fwd not sports cars? just because you can drift or slang the rear end, doesnt make it a sports car.

ive beaten s2k's on the auto-x in my fwd VW. Just because you dont know how to drive a fwd or you need a fucking e-brake to keep your rear end out, doesnt mean you bash fwd.

why are there fwd classes in both rally and time attack?
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

FWD is a compromise...

Easier to control in snow, bad condition, etc.
                      Cheaper to make (questionable)
                      More interior space.... (transmission, dif, drive shaft)

FWD classes = more manufactures = more money

You out drove someone... To a certain extent driver skill > car performance in autocross

Sure there are FWD "sports cars" Just not what I want... Coming from someone with 2 Accords

Comment

no one in this thread has mentioned evos or stis.

what the dicks.
                        To-Do List for Today
                        Be Awesome

Comment

I'm with Todd on this one. FWD can be sporty, but it's not a "sports car". Yes, they can be potent performers... but in the end, they're still just sporty FWD cars. RWD or performance-oriented AWD makes a sports car. RWD moreso, IMO.

The EVO is just a souped up Lancer. HEAVILY modified from the factory, but it's still a Lancer. I wouldn't call my CB7 a sports car if I made it AWD and pushed 300hp from my H22...
                          The same goes for the STi. It's just an Impreza.

Does that mean they aren't quality cars? No. Does it mean they aren't competent performers? No. But I wouldn't qualify them as "sports cars".

Of the Japanese makers, the only real sports cars on the market, IMO, are the 370Z, Miata, and RX8. Toyota dropped the Supra and MR2. Mitsubishi dropped the 3000GT (oddly enough, I MIGHT consider the FWD variants to be sports cars...), Honda dropped the S2000 and NSX, and Subaru never really had a genuine sports car.

The Mustang is the only legitimate American sports car at the moment. The Challenger and Camaro are both based on platforms very closely related to larger, non-sporty cars... and they're rather ungainly. Yes, they are RWD and have big engines... but that's all they have going for them (I wouldn't consider oldschool muscle cars to be "sports cars" either.)

The Germans have a few pure sports cars, such as the R8, TT, Z4 (sort of... it's not quite as sporty as it appears...), and SL. However, most of their most competent performers are modified versions of their regular vehicles, such as the M3, S4, and AMG C class... and while these cars are beastly, and will tear it up on the track, I don't consider them "sports cars".

To me, a sports car needs to be a dedicated platform... something that is designed purely for driving pleasure and performance... not for ANYTHING else. IMO, the Miata is the most perfect sports car on the market.

Comment

Originally posted by cbscandal View Post
                            I heard about that. Isn't it supposed to be the successor to the AE86?
                            supposedly. some call it the ft-86 and so on. its looks like a celica/supra mix. if they actually release the car, scion might have a car i actually like. until then, scion are for women

btw built by subaru lol

http://www.insideline.com/scion/fr-s..._ss_51911.html
                            Last edited by Law Grandeur; 07-30-2011, 02:07 AM.

no
                            Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                            $30 HID kits here Thread
                            "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                            "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

I'm with deeve.

And Miatas fucking rock.

Comment

And Miatas fucking rock.
                                Fuck all roadsters except for the AP1 & 2. Yes, this includes ugly ass 350/70 Z's...

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                                White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

Working...
                                X