No announcement yet.

Its amazing how few new Japanese performance cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the 370z... I think they really perfected what they stated with the 350z, which always struck me as an unfinished design.

Your SRT weighs like 500lbs less than the Z, and probably makes more power... so yeah, that thing SHOULD win! At 330hp though, the Z is a pretty respectable car for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      I love the 370z... I think they really perfected what they stated with the 350z, which always struck me as an unfinished design.

Your SRT weighs like 500lbs less than the Z, and probably makes more power... so yeah, that thing SHOULD win! At 330hp though, the Z is a pretty respectable car for sure.
      I think it depends on how much power and at what level because I can change maps in between. I never had to change my maps to high octane mode on the car to handle the z or any other car ever. The srt to me is like a giant overgrown skittle and the evo reminds me of one of those remote control cars that you buy in a toystore imho. I like the way how the 370 is like a more sport car enthusiast but on the mature side. rarely do I ever see people drive stupid with that car.

Comment

Most people that drive stupid don't have 30+k to spend on a car, too. If you notice, MOST people that drive like idiots in Evos are driving the older models that they bought used.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
          I stomped a 370z with my srt I think its becasue of my weight though. I cant understand the concept of deep dicsh wheels to a certain degree they look retarded. Hoenstly the 370 looks like a overgrown stingray fish. The gtr35 looks like a oversized king crab.
          I think it depends on how much power and at what level because I can change maps in between. I never had to change my maps to high octane mode on the car to handle the z or any other car ever. The srt to me is like a giant overgrown skittle and the evo reminds me of one of those remote control cars that you buy in a toystore imho. I like the way how the 370 is like a more sport car enthusiast but on the mature side. rarely do I ever see people drive stupid with that car.

370 = overgrown stingrayfish

gtr = oversized king crab

srt4 = giant overgrown skittle

evo = remote control cars

i would like to hear your input on other cars, honestly i would. no joke

Comment

Originally posted by texasvtak View Post
            i direct you to the following
            Eh I ment to put TL...

Again I am working nights in the sandbox forgive me....
            The CB7 Collector.
            Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
            92 LX Coupe F22A1
            2013 Toyota Corolla S
            92 EX Sedan F22A1
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Japan needs to come back out with RWD sports that are pretty quick in the sub $25k range. That FR-S could probably use a turbo if it wants to become really popular, but Im sure the aftermarket will EXPLODE on those cars when they come out. Japan needs to bring out more RWD cars that can straight spank on these new Camaros and Mustangs that are out now for less than what those cars are going for.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                TSX and SI= FWD = Not sports car IMO

The cheapest non- FWD TL with a manual transmission starts at 42k ... You can get a G37 for thousands less.
                I feel your frustration, but you didn't say anything about price. Also, a loaded G37 isn't that much cheaper than the TL SH-AWD which is quite fully loaded for its price. The fact that performance is on par with cars like the S4 makes it an even better deal.

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                You can get a RWD turbo Hyundai (22k) with 70+ more tq for the same price as FWD Civic Si
                Yeah, funny thing about that. Have you looked at any of the tests to see which car is actually faster? It isn't the Hyundai. Not on a track, and not in a straight line. The Hyundai has no top end, it difficult as shit to drive, and weighs a lot more. I know because I have driven them. SEVERELY disappointing car. The V6 model was better, but not for the price, where cars like the 370Z and Mustang GT start to become a better option.

Besides, torque isn't everything. HP matters, since it does the actual work.

[
                Dayum thats interesting I hear alot of people talk about retail value of the honda. I wonder which economy its in because its not this one especially when everyones trying to make quick bucks.
                Hondas still have a lot of retail value. Their prices are on par with everyone else, and they still last forever.

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
                TSX is AWD and how is an Si not a sports car? One could even as far as to say the CR-Z is one, but for economy and "spirited" driving. Again like I said wait until this slump is over.
                The TSX is FWD only, both in I4 and V6 forms.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                  I feel your frustration, but you didn't say anything about price. Also, a loaded G37 isn't that much cheaper than the TL SH-AWD which is quite fully loaded for its price. The fact that performance is on par with cars like the S4 makes it an even better deal.

Yeah, funny thing about that. Have you looked at any of the tests to see which car is actually faster? It isn't the Hyundai. Not on a track, and not in a straight line. The Hyundai has no top end, it difficult as shit to drive, and weighs a lot more. I know because I have driven them. SEVERELY disappointing car. The V6 model was better, but not for the price, where cars like the 370Z and Mustang GT start to become a better option.

Besides, torque isn't everything. HP matters, since it does the actual work.

[

Hondas still have a lot of retail value. Their prices are on par with everyone else, and they still last forever.

The TSX is FWD only, both in I4 and V6 forms.
                  Lol I know I mean to put TL (up late typing)

But yes
                  The CB7 Collector.
                  Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                  92 LX Coupe F22A1
                  2013 Toyota Corolla S
                  92 EX Sedan F22A1
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by Skeet Skeet View Post
                    Japan needs to come back out with RWD sports that are pretty quick in the sub $25k range. That FR-S could probably use a turbo if it wants to become really popular, but Im sure the aftermarket will EXPLODE on those cars when they come out. Japan needs to bring out more RWD cars that can straight spank on these new Camaros and Mustangs that are out now for less than what those cars are going for.
                    That's asking a bit, price wise... In terms of making money the Japanese would be taking a step back to make a good, fast, RWD sports car for less than 25k.

Comment

I wonder when a japanese car is brought is it really beat on that bad or do they maintenace it better than us considering the fact that they bump em off with the low mileage by law thing. So efficient it makes me jealous at times.

Comment

Originally posted by 91_CB7_Sedan View Post

Yes, but unfortunately instead of a newer version of the 4age line, its got a shity flat 4 in it...

yea ok

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                        -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Oh yeah... that "shitty" flat 4 is going to be awful

Comment

evo, sti, speed3, rx-8, 370z, si, tl-shawd.... to name some

...adjust accordingly

Comment

that shitty flat 4 is proven and goes back to the ea81 days. the new design in the '12 impreza is supposed to be epic in terms of fuel economy.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

A good 4 banger isn't very flat, son.

Comment

Working...
                                X