Its amazing how few new Japanese performance cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
    The dealership whch you still take your car too which is sad pretty much shows how broke you are since you have to rely on the dealership to fix your car.
    This is the most retarded thing I've ever heard...
    He's broke, so he must rely on a dealership to fix his car?

OK...
    Someones logic unit is broken today.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
      This HAS to be the absolute pinnacle of stupidity EVER posted on this forum.

He's so BROKE, he HAS to take his car to the dealer to get it fixed?

How the hell does that make sense? I don't know ANYONE that is broke that can afford to take their car to a dealership. Usually, broke people fix their cars themselves.
      No foamy thinking about it if you need to rely on the dealership or be held to that oh I cant touch my car because the dealership said so? real car enthusists warrantee does not mean shit at the end of the day because the dealership will still say what is covered and what is not covered.

You think for example an axle goes bad they wont say come in well fix it for free or will they they can be like no thats a driveable part its not covered under warrantee and you will have to come out of pocket so it doesnt matter.

Its at their descretion. People who are either broke will try to take that car in rather than say fuck it imma fix it myself im capable of doing the work unless your too lazy or dont know really shit about cars or your old and just want to get the car fixed you take it to a shop or do it yourself. People who dont take their cars to the dealer for simple reason the down-time, inexperienced mechanics or if you just dont feel like other people touching your car and would rather do it yourself so that it is done right.

Or wait for hours on end since they feel like getting around to it for a simple problem you can fix yourself and be out in 20 thirty minutes unless its an overhaul. Now if you have a blown motor unless its a freak accident they can cop out on it how the way you drive, or if its been modded they can find and throw in anything even lie and say your car was modded and guess what you would have just wasted your time.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
        This is the most retarded thing I've ever heard...
        He's broke, so he must rely on a dealership to fix his car?

OK...
        Someones logic unit is broken today.
        He said he cannot mod his car because he has a warrantee thats why he cant work on it. Thats bullshit warrantees dont mean shit at all honestly not to mod a car if your a car enthusiast that is unless your using it as an excuse not to mod your car and honestly its a sad excuse.

When you have money you dont bother with dealerships you get it done at a shop that works on cars of you can do it yourself if your a true car enthusiast. The only actions he has displayed is the actions of a poser.

Comment

I take my car to the dealership.
          I'm far from broke.

And yes, if I paid $1500 for a warranty on my new car, I would be a complete moron to modify it and void that warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
            your average lexus buyer doesnt really give a shit if its rwd or fwd.

most buyers look at price, gas mpg, power, looks, warranty.
            The odd thing about that is they are all RWD minus the two that are re-badged .
            Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 07-31-2011, 01:22 PM.

Comment

The RWD Lexus and Infiniti cars still have more luxury clout in the market than the FWD Acuras. It may or may not have anything to do with the layout, but I know I view it that way myself.

Hell, whenever I see a FWD Cadillac, I kinda snicker at it... Caddies shouldn't be FWD.
              Same with today's batch of Lincolns. They're all FWD or FWD-based AWD. They're still big, luxurious, reasonably powerful cars... but they don't have the same luxury appeal to me as a RWD car.
              Am I wrong? It's my opinion... so no, I am not wrong. Nor am I right. It's simply how I perceive the cars. However, I am not alone in that perception, either.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                In saying that a FWD car, or a car that is essentially a souped up version of some humdrum people hauler, isn't a sports car isn't meant to mean those are lesser cars. It is meant as "they are not sports cars".

It's like calling a CRV a truck. Sure, it's 4wd. Sure, it can go off road (to some extent). Sure, it sits higher than a car. It is truck-like in these qualities. But it is not a "truck" when compared to a "real" truck like an F250.

A Civic Si has a respectable amount of power. It can handle very well. It looks cool. Put a stock Civic Si on an autocross course with a stock Miata, and driver ability will probably be the most significant factor in the outcome. However, the Miata is a sports car. The Civic Si is not.
                My CB7 is fast. It is capable. It looks sporty, with its low stance and nice wheels... It is not a sports car. It will never be a sports car, no matter what I do to it.

And sparkle... for a guy that has had a VTEC motor... you of all people should know that the purpose of it isn't what the ricers like to brag about. It's not a replacement for turbo. Your argument is nothing but a ricer mentality. VTEC is a fantastic feature. It does exactly what it is supposed to do, which is extend the powerband over a greater range. Just because idiots seem to think it's supposed to be this miraculous power-adder doesn't make it a lesser technology. It just means that those idiots are... well... idiots.

And yeah... Honda is putting out better quality cars (and doing better commercially) than both Nissan and Toyota. Buyers are wary of Toyota due to their recent issues (which are far less severe than the media hyped them to be... but that still affects buyers), and Nissan's quality is still lacking. Nissan can make a great sports car, and their regular cars are infused with the company's trademark muscular sportiness... but the Accord consistently outshines the Altima. The Sentra can't hold a candle to the Civic. And honestly... who really needs a Maxima these days? The Altima does everything the Maxima can do for less money. For Maxima money, or a little more, you can get into a G or M.
                Same goes for Toyota. The Avalon makes no sense... ESPECIALLY when the ES exists. The Avalon is really no more than a slightly larger uber-Camry. The ES is a Camry with lexus sheet metal, badges, and a few nifty features.
                Deev I honestly will have to disagree with you slightly. Vtec is really not everything that alot of people seem to think it is. Boost or supercharged is the way to go or a v8 muscle car. Since when is nissans quality lacking? R35gtr,the new maxima, will run circles around any honda today the altima-ser is no joke either well compared to the new lol s.i The new sentra well im not even going to touch that one.

Vtec does not have to be some power next to god what alot of people seem to think it is becuase its not. What im saying is there are alot more cars out there that would if done properly would open up alot more eyes to what people really want out there. More power,reliability,handling and quality the Ssrt4 does fit that description and thats why I chose it.

200hp with lacking torque is not enough to even match the cars which are out today and recieving a good amount of fuel economy. When people talk all that jazz about this car and that car aint shit drive one,own one,hell race one,work on different cars and show your work,post videos,bring knowledge to the community. then see the difference in class then talk until then they have no right to talk

Comment

The RWD Lexus and Infiniti cars still have more luxury clout in the market than the FWD Acuras. It may or may not have anything to do with the layout, but I know I view it that way myself.

Hell, whenever I see a FWD Cadillac, I kinda snicker at it... Caddies shouldn't be FWD.
                  Same with today's batch of Lincolns. They're all FWD or FWD-based AWD. They're still big, luxurious, reasonably powerful cars... but they don't have the same luxury appeal to me as a RWD car.
                  Am I wrong? It's my opinion... so no, I am not wrong. Nor am I right. It's simply how I perceive the cars. However, I am not alone in that perception, either.
                  Honestly deev I think the Lexus Isf fits you or the Caddilac cts-v I really can't see you in a honda man.

Comment

You're agreeing with me, not disagreeing with me. You're arguing the same point about VTEC. It is NOT a replacement for turbo. It is NOT what everyone likes to assume it is. It's simply variable cam timing (and Honda still has the best version of it.)

The Altima is competition for the Accord, not the Civic Si... of course a 280+hp V6 is going to run circles around the Si. Unless it's on a twisty course, in which the underpowered Si would eat it alive, because the Altima is a full size car now.
                    Nissan's build quality is still rather spotty. Their engines are fantastic, yes. But the rest of the refinement... material quality, panel gaps, etc... isn't all that great. Even on the Infiniti models. I'm still a fan of the brand, but I don't delude myself into thinking they're perfect.
                    Of course, your opinion is skewed to power production and engine performance... you have two cars that have great engines, but are notorious for being slapped together cosmetically (I don't mean this in an insulting manner... but the SRT-4 and Evo have been universally bashed in just about every car magazine for cheapie interior material quality.)

The Civic Si is not a powerhouse. Yes, it falls behind on the track when put up against turbo cars, such as the Mazdaspeed 3, WRX, etc... Other cars that are supposed to be direct competition. Still, it also offers a very reliable, very efficient, very comfortable, very well made vehicle. Racing from stoplight to stoplight isn't what everyone uses as a gauge to determine a car's quality.

STILL... it is not a sports car. By my definition, neither are your SRT-4 or Evo... even though both of them are faster than just about any sports car I can afford.

Comment

Honestly deev I think the Lexus Isf fits you or the Caddilac cts-v I really can't see you in a honda man.
                      I agree with you there. The CTS-V is actually my next car (the older model, sadly... I don't care to shell out $65,000 for the new one.) I like the IS-F, but it's auto only (though I've heard good things about that auto), and the price is out of my range.

I'll defend Honda, but they currently don't have a car that meets my needs for sport or luxury. Honda's claim to fame has always been small displacement engines with high hp/liter output, largely FWD, with great handling, great reliability, and great fuel economy.

The NSX is a prime example. While other companies were churning out big V8s (the Americans), or turbo 6s (the rest of the Japanese, other than Subaru), Honda was sticking with a relatively small naturally aspirated 3.0L V6. Even with the comparable lack of torque when pitted against a turbo car, the NSX is so well balanced that it has always been a VERY strong competitor.
                      Honda knows what they're doing. It's just not my cup-o-tea at the moment.

Comment

I love it when people like you talk trash. My srt nor me evo has to be the fastest on the block,im just stating the difference in classes of car. The evo and srt are both in different classes especially from vtec which is over-hyped and really does not live up to that name in being spiritually driven. You still did not answer the question you still have not accomplished more than me when it comes to cars.

Who cars what fizbob says I was still learning more about cars at that time. Now I have the knowledge and have already accomplished the dealings of my work more than you will ever accomplish and I know it must hurt you but who cares get over it. My car is balanced for speed aswell as agility. here we go again you want to talk about airplanes man your not serious at all about your car its still stock vtec is still over-rated.

And to cbscandal I know what vtec is Ive had it before will never use vtec again because unfortunately its still slow very slow to even keep up with non-vtec cars today which put it to shame please understand. Iv'e seen vtec cars and raced them in not impressed and I have still yet to lose to one in both my cars.

Your bullshitting yourself to cop out oh because I have a warrantee I cant mod my car LMAo you are a real shit talker and a fake car enthusist If you have a car and you are willing to take it to the limit you really wouldnt care about a warrantee at all. The dealership whch you still take your car too which is sad pretty much shows how broke you are since you have to rely on the dealership to fix your car.

Let me let you in on a news flash the dealership can stil void your warrantee on anything at their descretion which is a bullshit cop out not to mod your car. 240hp not even whp is not enough for me nor for others to even keep up with the minimal 300whp of the cars today. I can run circles even laps around your car you have been cheated. You love honda's sure I can understand your clinging to whatever little hope you have for your car but you have been lied to.

You will have to invest thousands of what you spent on top of what you just spent just to try and keep up. My pooint im trying to prove here is camd dont mean alot its either serious allmotor not baby -boltons . You will need boost or a supercharger to enjoy the real speed. Remember I have built not brought my cars for speed. Your car is still a honda and mine is a neon and its still a car which is still faster than your out of the box.

It does not matter what you drive if you had the balls you would drive the underdog car and realize how much you have missed out on if you keep an open mind and just not stay ignorant. Whens the last time you raced an srt4 and won?? dont lie you know you never have and probably never will unless you boost or supercharge your car. The evo oh man you can just forget it? lmao.

Oh and almost forgot I suggestions box for your thoughts which I dont give a fuck about its prolly best you know. Honestly honda now in this economy is a joke nissan is killing the industry. I love cb7's I really do but the honda civic the si is a joke the ep is a joke too and its sad especially for the price you paid woudlnt you want more out of your dollar? your thoughts in the suggestions box please thankyou.

Yup you know when you drive your civic on sunday and you see the srt4 or the evo you would be afraid to mash on the gas knowing the only way youll win is by doing a ricer fly-by at the end of the day you will be raped tenderly lol.You compared an airplace to a car? ...seriously...? I have had both a cb7 turbo non-turbo and allmotor? wheres your car at wheres your work? wheres your pictures I still dont see them. Unless you can show proof of the work you can do with your car dont talk trash.
                        I thought you were done tough guy? You may as well quit now, because you KNOW you won't get the last word. The thread will be closed, or we will be banned before I shutup.

1) Sorry, but the SRT4 was never in a category above ANY VTEC car. In fact, Car and Driver ranked it BEHIND the RSX-S which is a direct cousin to the Si. The SRT4 was built because Dodge had Honda envy and wanted to play too.

2)The EVO is faster, but it is still an econobox based sporty car. In 2009, I could have picked up an EVO for $8K dollars LESS than what my car cost. So really, I could have had an EVO, and then rather modified the shit out of it, had I wanted to. But I didn't. I love how you go buy a relatively cheap used car and then try to pretend you are some badass baller dropping benjamins on shorties at every street corner. Apparently, you think you live in a rap video or something. My car was more expensive, and is probably still worth more, and I actually bought it NEW. Yet, you try to talk down to me because you bought a "better" used car. LOL at you baller. I am so jealous I had to cry myself to sleep just to keep up.

3) Nice way to assume things boner. I do all of the routine maintenance on my car myself. I don't have to have the dealer do the maintenance in order to keep my warranty, and I never said that. But, I can't go boosting the shit out of it either, or heavily modifying it because that WOULD void my warranty. Rest assured, I do all of my own maintenance. Been working on quite a number of J series lately, as well as all of the other family cars as well. Truth be told, I probably could get away with all of the bolt-ons and they would be fine (dealer here is pretty mod friendly), but I would need Flashpro to make it all shine, and I am not sure if that would be over the line or not. Plus, it is kind of nice to just drive a fun stock car when it is all stock, so I am in no real hurry to change it. Besides, I still have over 2 years and just shy of 30K miles left on my powertrain warranty.

That said, other than 4 oil changes and a cabin air filter, tire rotations, and a K&N air filter, I haven't had to do a thing because one of the best features of a Honda is its reliability. The fact that I can drive the shit out of it and not hurt it is an even bigger plus. Did I mention that I average over 30MPG all the time, even including hard driving?

I was really contemplating a Skunk2 header or flashpro the other day, but I decided to drop a G on my new headset instead. So sorry, I am not balling in the areas you want me to.

4) The rest of your bullshit is just idiotic as usual. Have news for you dumbass. A 240WHP Si with "only" 180 lb-ft will run in the 13's. That is hardly slow. God forbid I actually put an AJP kit on there at 10 lbs and I could be running low 12's high 11's on all season street tires. But, yup, what a slow piece of shit... Also, nevermind that a completely stock Si with nothing but a Flashpro to move VTEC down will run pretty much identical times to a stock SRT-4. Doesn't that suck...

The bottom line is that you are a jealous hater, with a small dick that has to make himself seem more impressive by going onto Honda boards and talking about how big your car dick is while simultaneously talking about how shitty their cars are. If you are so awesome, why don't you go hang out with your EVO buddies and leave us the fuck alone?

You're the guy that would buy a Ferrari and get made fun of by hot chicks for compensating.

Had you come on here and made a basic comment, you would have been fine. That would have been one thing, but no matter what, everytime you post, you have to run your mouth about how awesome you are and how everyone else sucks. It must be really sad to wake up and look at yourself in the mirror every single day.
                        Last edited by owequitit; 07-31-2011, 03:45 PM.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Ok, let's put this argument to rest now, since it's pretty much killing this thread.

That, or I can just ban two members that I like and respect, because they don't have enough respect for this community to abide by the rules.

Comment

Same goes for Toyota. The Avalon makes no sense... ESPECIALLY when the ES exists. The Avalon is really no more than a slightly larger uber-Camry. The ES is a Camry with lexus sheet metal, badges, and a few nifty features.
                            holy shit the Avalon is still in production? i thought they canceled that crap YEARS ago.
                            Last edited by Law Grandeur; 08-01-2011, 01:27 AM.

no
                            Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                            $30 HID kits here Thread
                            "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                            "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

The '60s, '70s, and '80s on repeat.
                              The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I know it's from deutchland but the gti's are awesome little sports cars with all around performance. The new golf R's are going to be the cat's meow.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Working...
                                X