My new Integra Type R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
    What a score. I remember you posting about this car when you found it.

As much as I'm not crazy about DC2s, the ITR is a totally different monster, and is one of those cars I would absolutely lust over as well.

That is an absolutely gorgeous car in every respect. Enjoy it!
    Yeah I feel the same way. I'm not a huge Integra fan, but I have always loved a true ITR.

I took a chance and bought the car without even seeing the underbody. When I put it up on a hoist the other day me and my friend were shocked. The bolts were still anodized, I'm not even sure if this car has seen rain...it's immaculate.
    Last edited by mozzandherb; 04-17-2012, 03:30 PM.

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Congrats Dan! I know you've been talking about that for a while now. Glad you found an unmolested one. That's damn near impossible to do! it's funny, just yesterday I was thinking that I hadn't seen you around much, and I was wondering what you were up to! Now I know you've been up to good things!

I feel the same way... I don't care for Integras in general, but the ITR is a different story. There's just something special about that car that the lesser models just don't share.

Now, I notice one very good thing in that first picture... your CB7 is still in the driveway! Are you keeping it?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Congrats Dan! I know you've been talking about that for a while now. Glad you found an unmolested one. That's damn near impossible to do! it's funny, just yesterday I was thinking that I hadn't seen you around much, and I was wondering what you were up to! Now I know you've been up to good things!

I feel the same way... I don't care for Integras in general, but the ITR is a different story. There's just something special about that car that the lesser models just don't share.

Now, I notice one very good thing in that first picture... your CB7 is still in the driveway! Are you keeping it?
        yeah Mike I havent been around much, I come here everyday, but I dont post much. As for the cb7, I dont know what to do with it..lol. We'll see in time I guess.

SOLD!!
        Boosted H22
        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

I find DC2's to be real douchebag cars. They're like the BMW of Hondas.

But an ITR is kind of like the holy grail of inexpensive (compared to S2k/NSX) sporty Honda motoring. It just does everything right, and plays the part to a tee.

Comment

Keep it and keep modifying it, so you don't get tempted to modify the ITR!

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
              I find DC2's to be real douchebag cars. They're like the BMW of Hondas.

But an ITR is kind of like the holy grail of inexpensive (compared to S2k/NSX) sporty Honda motoring. It just does everything right, and plays the part to a tee.
              A good ITR is more valuable than most S2ks these days... especially the AP1. The ITR is quickly becoming a serious collector's item, especially since so few have escaped the heavy hand of mod-happy ricers, or the brutal beating of a race course (which, if an ITR has to be run into the ground, at least a track is a respectable place for it to happen!)

Comment

I have to agree too, an ITR just isn't an ITR once it's been modified, other than by a tuning company like Mugen or Spoon, but it still loses it's originality that way too.

Comment

Wait....you said you have the JDM 96 ITRs....those are 4 lug....You're 5 lug being a 98 aren't you?

My ITR is a 2001 so it's a 5 bolt, no sure when they changed it, but I have the 4 bolt ITR wheels on my cb7, I think those were the wheels from a 96 JDM ITR.

And thanks everyone for the nice words.
                  Last edited by mozzandherb; 04-18-2012, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Congrats.

I've always been a fan of the 98 CW ITRs. Definitely in my top 10 of lottery list cars.

Not loving the wheels, but liking everything else.

EDIT: Just read yours was an 01...Canada lucked out in getting a better color choice.

Comment

What a car.. I had that a 99 motor and tranny in my 98 GSR a while ago.. Awesome motors, very very powerful.. B-series has always been considered bulletproof, I'm not too sure why .. And the sound, jeez.
                      Jay
                      HondaLina
                      91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

words of wisdom
                        invest heavily in a two way pager alarm, remote kill switches, and GPS trackers.
                        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Possibly even flame throwers, or full time security guards.

Comment

Awesome.

Awesome to the max.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
                              Awesome.

Awesome to the max.
                              Is that a Futurama reference?

Why is it that every time I watch a Futurama episode, someone within the next 24 hours manages to quote a line from that specific episode? This is the second time this week!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                                Is that a Futurama reference?

Word.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Working...
                                X