• Show
Clear All

these cameras okay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Color-Vi...item3cc6501820

http://gopro.com/

Those are better.
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
      http://gopro.com/

Those are better.
      GoPro cameras are for a completely different task.

For $20, how can you go wrong? Are you using it for reversing only?

Comment

is recording worthwhile.
        maybe inside the car.

can i record with these.
        need motion detection aswell.
        then stream it but its too much.

i just want cameras front and back.
        if they suck i just won't use them.

Comment

how long do you think you can leave a gopro hanging from your licence plate.

would have to be drilled in well and not look like a gopro

Comment

It's cheap Chinese shit, but for the price, why not give it a shot?

I have a dash camera, probably made in the same factory. It's functional. Not great, but it does what I need it to do. I paid $35 USD for it, shipped from Hong Kong. The power cord didn't fit in the hole because it was assembled poorly, so I have it powered by a USB cable... good enough, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Xsjado View Post
              is recording worthwhile.
              maybe inside the car.

can i record with these.
              need motion detection aswell.
              then stream it but its too much.

i just want cameras front and back.
              if they suck i just won't use them.
              I suppose if you had some sort of software and an adapter you could record off of that camera. It's just designed to give you an image of what is outside of your car like a simple backup camera, nothing more. It's weatherproof and cheap.

Originally posted by Xsjado View Post
              how long do you think you can leave a gopro hanging from your licence plate.

would have to be drilled in well and not look like a gopro
              A GoPro is going to look like a small digital camera. It's a $350 piece and requires a special case to be weatherproof. That device can record. My friend has one and has used it on numerous RallyX and off-road runs. It's a neat piece, but not something that you would just leave hanging outside your car all day.

If you want something like a dash cam, mount it inside the car and go the GoPro route, although like I said, it is pricey.

If you want something to just let you know how close you are or aren't from a curb or an obstacle behind you, then the cheap eBay piece should work just fine.

Comment

You could always get a pair of the cheap cameras I have (they're all over Ebay) and mount one facing in either direction. They record a wide shot, so you'll get most of what's visible. Night vision is very limited, but it does have some night vision capabilities. The cameras are cheap, but you'll need a large SD card to hold the data. That makes them a bit more expensive (I got a 32gb SD card for mine... records about 30 hours before it copies over itself.) Wire them to a constant power source, and they'll be recording steadily. Just be sure they don't drain your car battery in the period the car is off!

Comment

I have four of those.. They are okay.. I bought them on amazon for a little cheaper....The picture quality is enough for a dash cam..

The main issue is that they have lines to judge distance, and they are reverse image..

This is the video from one of mine

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=rthpo1&s=6

BTW I have a dvr.. It is motion sensing, 4 channel, etc.. I have four camera..
                  Behind the rear view mirror
                  license plate area (rear)
                  1 under each side mirror.
                  Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 05-20-2012, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X