Invisible fence problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invisible fence problem

Well I bought this electric fence from petsmart a couple days ago with the intent on keeping my little red tick in our yard because she likes to chase cars and im afraid she'll get run over.

I set it up, got the boundary where I wanted it and set the collar on 3. Well I had to go to my dads for a minute and while I was gone my mom put the collar on her and let her go without training her where the boundary was or anything and walked inside. Left her out there. Well needless to say she got the bajesus hocked out of her because she didnt know what to do so she just sat there. I come back and now my dog wont even get off the porch and when we let her inside she wont tell us when she needs to go so she pees everywhere.

I carry her outside and put the collar on her and try to teach her the proper way but she just runs back to the porch all the while shaking like hell in the corner.

What do I do??
    -Will

What's a little red tick?

Id say your fucked....dogs don't forget so easily, especially when pain is involved.

Maybe take it down and let her see that the yard is good, then start all over....but that might take a lot longer then you originally planned.

Comment

Bring it to the yard and play with it. If it runs, bring it back out. If you need to, hold on to it and sit down and pet it. That way, it isn't scared of the whole yard.
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
        Maybe take it down and let her see that the yard is good, then start all over....but that might take a lot longer then you originally planned.
        I would agree with doing this method. You'll have to re-build the dogs confidence in that the yard is safe.

Then try to retrain. Someone I know doesn't even need to turn his on anymore. Their dog knows where the boundry is now, and won't cross it whether it's on or not. It's a great system, but only if done right.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Electric fences shouldn't be used for very small dogs anyway. How small is your dog? I have a 5lb chihuahua, and I wouldn't dare risk it. Fortunately, he seems to know my property line. Smart little pooch!

It sounds like your dog is now terrified of the back yard. She doesn't know what happened, or why... just that one second she was in the back yard and all was good... the next, she was getting the shit shocked out of her. In her little doggie mind, that whole back yard is just one unexpected world of hurt waiting to happen... again. That is psychologically traumatizing for a dog, and there's no way you can explain to her what happened.

Comment

Working...
          X