Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly teggy owner ... Accords are for big boys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah i know but since it got off topic in the off topic might as well keep the thread live

Comment

When iam washing my 08 crv, the ricer kids inch closer and closer when I pop the hood to was the cowl panel. One even yelled "omg there's one right there!!!" And I think he jizzed his pants. I have never owned a stock car that so many people want to see under the hood.

And then the question.. "Wanna sell the motor??" Of course not, theres a reason I bought a 4 banger crv...when it's wore out...I'll have a play toy

Comment

big block 2.2L? haha
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

At work theres this really really old guy driving a beat up 20-year-old cavalier, always talking shit about hondas.

Nuff said.

Actually he was ragging on me one day, so I started my engine and revved it a few times (sounded badass because of cracked flex pipe.. bad mounts amirite?) .. he had a hard time just starting his car and it sounded open header. Apparently his muffler fell off that week.

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
          big block 2.2L? haha
          this. people throw around that term like its actually relative to the size of the block
          Last edited by stevediraddo; 12-18-2012, 11:25 PM.

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

lol woooow noob ricers calling ur cb a civic and the f22a a h22a4 HAHA LMFAO

BTW I own a Teg with a 1.6 DOHC =D

Moar:http://s173.beta.photobucket.com/use...20Integra%20SE
            Last edited by xkjnboix; 12-18-2012, 11:32 PM.
            frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

it really is . a 2.2ohv cavalier is no threat at all. maybe a dohc 2.0-2.4 ecotec but even thats a stretch as far as bolt on and stock goes.

a neon (2.4 DOHC 5speed) is more of a threat than a galant or eclipse and thats a 2.4 sohc.

I raced a focus svt yeah i got smoked by 3 car lengths but my clutch was slipping seriously doubt he could win again im the better driver. *clutch has been replaced since then*

any way point being the cb7 is not a fast car but a 1.5 crx is hardly a threat maybe if its pushing 130tq id be concerned. (b16a)

Comment

K20>h22
                It just happened
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                  K20>h22
                  It just happened
                  yeah but you are taking a well designed engine and comparing to the new type r engine. Thats hardly fair. K20 has way more technology than a motor made back in the early 90'.

Plus the base rsx k20 is not a threat to a h22a cb7. Just saying. (if the cb7 driver knows how to prep and race)

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
                    it really is . a 2.2ohv cavalier is no threat at all. maybe a dohc 2.0-2.4 ecotec but even thats a stretch as far as bolt on and stock goes.

a neon (2.4 DOHC 5speed) is more of a threat than a galant or eclipse and thats a 2.4 sohc.

I raced a focus svt yeah i got smoked by 3 car lengths but my clutch was slipping seriously doubt he could win again im the better driver. *clutch has been replaced since then*

any way point being the cb7 is not a fast car but a 1.5 crx is hardly a threat maybe if its pushing 130tq id be concerned. (b16a)
                    A Eco or quad z24 would hold it's own with an H swap, and a si A6 crx will also put a stock cb to shame anyday of the week. A 130tq b16 stock? lol thats rare the b16 makes no tq. Example guy's crx b16 crower stg cam's and bolt on's/tuned 160whp 112tq.

My stock as shit 88 ef full option sedan ran a better time than my cb, and my ex eg well had almost a half second on its time. These accord's are 16s 1/4 cars it doesn't take much to outrun one.
                    Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 12-19-2012, 12:45 AM.

02 Crv
                    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                      A Eco or quad z24 would hold it's own with an H swap, and a si A6 crx will also put a stock cb to shame anyday of the week. A 130tq b16 stock? lol thats rare the b16 makes no tq. Example guy's crx b16 crower stg cam's and bolt on's/tuned 160whp 112tq.

My stock as shit 88 ef full option sedan ran a better time than my cb, and my ex eg well had almost a half second on its time. These accord's are 16s 1/4 cars it doesn't take much to outrun one.
                      I respectfully want to enter an arguement/debate with you.

My buddy had a D16a6 (damn good blocks) in his EF. DX tranny. IHE. It was slow and loud just a ricer car. It had 200SX alloy on it with decent rubber but it was not quick.

Now I want to ask you if your EF is stock? And what mods if any have been done to it?

I lost appx 8lbs at each corner of unsprung weight. I also reduced my overall wheel diameter by 1.5 inches. I added a P12. I am certain that a stock crx/ef would not be able to out muscle me. With a DOHC VTEC yeah I imagine that light chassis and excellent b series gearing to walk me.

But take a look at the Prelude S. 16 Second car. CB7 is 300 pounds lighter. And a simple tire combo with I/E and Im sitting at 15.8. B16A EM1 essentially. NO PS OR AC BELTS

I dont mean to bench race, but I find it hard that a CRX with a SOHC non vtec (or VTEC) could out muscle me in my current set up for the cb7. (BTW because its relevant when I stripped my 10th anne before the wreck, removing seats carpet turnk lid spares jack etc removed 220 lbs from my car)

Unless the CRX is rolling on HX 14 inch alloys and is packing a close ratio tranny and has bolt on goodies I doubt it could hit 15.5. ins d series form. N/A

please tell me your view.
                      Last edited by 8ball; 12-19-2012, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Guy called u a pussy. That's jab in the mouth. But you are better than that. U told him the truth!
                        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Here's how I look at it;

I don't give a fuck about the other guy. Plain and simple. You coming up to me, talking shit about my car and praising yours, why should I even give you the time of day? The only thing I have to prove is that I can walk away being the bigger man without having to say a word.

Also, from having owned practically every engine/tranny combo of Accord there is, and a B18C1 Integra, I can tell you straight up that a non vtec DOHC 1.8 (142hp), is barely, if any faster than a stock F22 manual. My white coupe was surprisingly quick for an F22A1 5 speed with only an intake on it. My Integra was all stock, and it was as fast as the Accord was, BUT it felt better because the dohc engine is so much smoother. The sohc engine feels rough and raucous when you're really driving the piss out of it.

My Civic is the same way. SOHC 1.8, 140hp. This car is freakin slow as balls. Like, seriously, this car can't even get out of it's own way. Engine feels smooth putting around town and cruising on the highway, but if you try and race this thing, it feels like it's trying to slit it's own throat. But, I did not buy this car for performance.

Back on topic of idiots. Just let them run their mouths and feel good. I feel better knowing I didn't butthurt somebody by giving them a taste of their own medicine.
                          Last edited by crazymikey; 12-19-2012, 02:12 AM.

Comment

let's race.
                            峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

yeah tell that idiot guy to make it official and take him to the track! more than likey he wont know how to prep for track and obviously his current setup is not sports orientated (maybe the gauges)

i raced a b18a and a v6 stang in my old cb7 and a few eclipses. (i had solid mounts and suspension bushings along with a huge tran cooler) the b18a was weak sauce. The v6 stang was a fun race, guy tried so hard he blew hes heads. Went to the auto parts were i worked and bought some valvetrain the next day. good kid good race no doubt.
                              Last edited by 8ball; 12-19-2012, 02:49 AM.

Comment

1800-1900lbs doesn't take much to move d16a6 makes 110hp and the SI trans is geared closer. I've seen a si run high 9's in the 8th where a accord struggles with high 10's in the 8th. want a small 4cyl ET break down of some of my cars.....
                                93 ex eg sedan 10.4 @64 (Stock)
                                88 ef sedan 10.89 @62 (Stock)
                                92 accord sedan 10.9 @63 (Bolt on's)
                                I guess you need to actually run said car then you will realise how slow one is lol. My 115hp celica dogged an a4 sedan that right there is pitiful.

02 Crv
                                02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                                92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                                Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Working...
                                X