Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly teggy owner ... Accords are for big boys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

Why care? For the same reason 4 cylinder guys love to beat 8 cylinder guys. For the same reason N/A guys like to beat turbo guys.
    The Civic is long known to be a tried and true platform. Hate it as you may, the Civic has proven itself in many forms of racing. The Accord is less known for its performance prowess. Partially because of the weight, or the design... and partially because fewer people seriously modify Accords. However, Accord performance enthusiasts will almost always feel the need to prove that their chassis is just as capable as that of the smaller Civic.
    i think u knew what i meant when i said why care... it just gets super old and stale to see the same posts over and over with that same sense of resentment. all im doing is playing devils advocate a bit because i am an enthusiast that likes both chassis' and think its silly to dissaprove of one or the other... the same is true with any vehicle... if people are pushing whats possible with it, im cool with it. ive owned both civics and multiple accords... yes the accord feels better made, but with that comes more weight and less yields from performance modifications. for me, a project car is a no compromise kind of vehicle, in whichever direction i go.

"Tucking tires and wires."
    The Chronicles.

Comment

Thank you for the story ferenza, that is exactly what I'm looking for in the thread. Oh, BTW VTEC not VTECH.

@J-specCb4: This thread is not about the chassis, quit trying to make it about the chassis... This thread is about morons who drive unsafe thinking they are fast because they have a car chassis that was in a movie or because they have a body kit and cold air intake and fart can exhaust.

Maybe I should have titled it something different...
      Last edited by wildBill83; 12-20-2012, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
        I think my story fits in this thread

Just about every friday and weekends i sit behind my highschool in the park.Alot of people do it actually.When im there im always under the hood cleaning something, waxing my car down or just chillin with the guys.So when im usually there , a group of guys with a bunch of civics are sitting close by gawking at me but i never pay attention to them.

One day , i was waxing my cb and they roll up and park next to me(literally in front of me) and walk up to me. He asked me " does this heap has vtech?".I told him no and thats not a good way to make a friend.He told me it doesnt matter he just wants to know if i want to race him.I told him and his little buddies they could go suck a fat one.The guy says your shit is slow anyways and they leave(to my relief because i have a horrible temper)

That very night, im driving behind my buddy getting ready to cruise and these a**holes drive up our bumpers flashing their lights wanting to race.Since we were getting onto a highway that was free and clear of cars, we floored it( buddy drives a 89 corolla gts 20v silvertop).We pull away from them but they were still behind us and hit a hairpin turn at about 55mph( it doesnt seem fast but the turn is very sharp).I had my window down and coming through the turn i haer a screech and then a boom.I look behind me and this guy ran up the curb and into the side of the concrete wall.

Despite all this talk and the stalking we turn back around and check on the guy before the cops came.He was fine but his eg only had 3 wheels on it and a bent frame.While he was sitting on the wall he just hit , i decided to see what he was workin with.Turns out his little eg was a single cam,automatic with cut springs and very bald ass tires I told the guy if he wants to race people to play gran turismo or something because he is gonna kill someone with his shitty driving and his half ass way of modifying his cars.

This guy now has a cb7 but its tore up and about 7 different colors.He always tries to talk to me about what i have and i refuse to talk to him after all that foolishness
        Good Story

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
          facepalm, really?

im not talking about a shitty base neon. And any way galants came auto and not many eclipse (3gz) came stick.

smdh at your comment.
          Lol

You didn't say anything about 3g eclipses. When people talk about racing a galant, they are talking about a vr4 galant. Basically the american version of a the early evo with a smaller turbo. Read up on that. Turbo 4g63 + AWD

It was the only family sedan that was considered a sports car and awd/turbo. Way ahead of the game in America.

Eclipse gst/gsx/Talon tsi/Laser rs/Evo/galant vr4 all shared very similar power plants in the early to late 90's. All 4g63/turbo and slightly different gearing, turbo sizes and differentials. It changed over the years, but AWD+4g63 turbo was the constant.

AWD + 4g63 power pwns most cars on the road. The fastest 4 cylinder in the world, for many years was running a 4g63 powerplant and an auto tranny.

Not really sure what you comment about auto's is about either. Anyone thats serious in the racing game knows that after you get to a certain point, auto is the only way to go faster.

Anyways, 3rd gen eclipses are g a y e r than a bucket of dicks. Once mitsu ditched the 4g63 powerplant, they became a shitty car. Same exact thing is happening to the Evo now.

They stopped using the 4g63 when the Evo x came out. Now, they are cheap ass, shitty, on their way out of production cars. The Evo of today has NOTHING on the evo of yesterday.
          Last edited by toycar; 12-20-2012, 10:35 AM.
          Originally posted by wed3k
          im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
            Lol

You didn't say anything about 3g eclipses. When people talk about racing a galant, they are talking about a vr4 galant. Basically the american version of a the early evo with a smaller turbo. Read up on that. Turbo 4g63 + AWD

It was the only family sedan that was considered a sports car and awd/turbo. Way ahead of the game in America.

Eclipse gst/gsx/Talon tsi/Laser rs/Evo/galant vr4 all shared very similar power plants in the early to late 90's. All 4g63/turbo and slightly different gearing, turbo sizes and differentials. It changed over the years, but AWD+4g63 turbo was the constant.

AWD + 4g63 power pwns most cars on the road. The fastest 4 cylinder in the world, for many years was running a 4g63 powerplant and an auto tranny.

Not really sure what you comment about auto's is about either. Anyone thats serious in the racing game knows that after you get to a certain point, auto is the only way to go faster.

Anyways, 3rd gen eclipses are g a y e r than a bucket of dicks. Once mitsu ditched the 4g63 powerplant, they became a shitty car. Same exact thing is happening to the Evo now.

They stopped using the 4g63 when the Evo x came out. Now, they are cheap ass, shitty, on their way out of production cars. The Evo of today has NOTHING on the evo of yesterday.
            Dude i know everything you just said, guess you misunderstood what i typed.
            But i was including the 8G and 3G because they still use sirus engine family.

At any at rate, the OP drives an auto (afaik) and saying that autos are no bueno for racing/sport is wrong. They have come a long way. Supra and camaro owners know.

BTW the 3gz eclipse used the 4g64. which can be converted to DOHC+turbo. and I know none of the 3gz came awd in the states some can be converted awd. Not only that but the ecus are also flashable. not a bad car but not good either im just saying 2.4 sohc 5 speed im sure its equally slow as the cb7
            Last edited by 8ball; 12-20-2012, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post

Maybe I should have titled it something different...

bingo. be more clear of your intentions and this wont happen. i was having a conversation with someone else. in... off topic!

"Tucking tires and wires."
              The Chronicles.

Comment

Yes the section is for off-topic conversation, and you're free to go make your own thread to continue your off-topic conversation and I have respectfully asked to keep it on the off-topic subject.

Again, this thread is about morons. If you don't have a story to share, go start a new thread.

I was pretty clear of my intentions in the first post where I asked for others to share stories.

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
                  it really is . a 2.2ohv cavalier is no threat at all. maybe a dohc 2.0-2.4 ecotec but even thats a stretch as far as bolt on and stock goes.

a neon (2.4 DOHC 5speed) is more of a threat than a galant or eclipse and thats a 2.4 sohc.

I raced a focus svt yeah i got smoked by 3 car lengths but my clutch was slipping seriously doubt he could win again im the better driver. *clutch has been replaced since then*

any way point being the cb7 is not a fast car but a 1.5 crx is hardly a threat maybe if its pushing 130tq id be concerned. (b16a)
                  I recently had to get a new engine for my jbody and went with the ecotec and got the factory or "dealer installed option" Eaton 1000 supercharger. its 190hp at the crank now, probably around 175hp at the wheel....feels the same lol

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                    Hear me when Im saying this, its deep.

If you really don't give a fuck, don't say shit to people like this. People like this think they are normal. Let them think that.

I can promise you that their life is 10x more full of bullshit than your own. They constantly create problems in their life thinking everyone else is fucked up all the while they are actually tripping over their own attitude all day long. They just don't realize their douche baggery contributes to their own problems because they think they are "normal" and everyone else is fucked up.

Anytime you point out that someone is flawed it gives them a chance to reflect. Fuck that. If you really don't give a shit, just grin and nod KNOWING that as soon as the conversation is over its done for you. You never have to think about the stupid shit they are saying again.

These motherfuckers have to live with themselves.

Who's really getting the last laugh here? Dont offer someone an opportunity to reflect or grow.

No matter how good it feels to tell someone,"You are a being a bitch right now" you should realize that the second you open your mouth, they just might listen.

If you really don't give a fuck, don't say shit. Let them carry on thinking they are normal.

Jokes on them.

QFTMFT. Dude, you could not have summed it up any better.

Comment

Working...
                    X