Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly teggy owner ... Accords are for big boys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silly teggy owner ... Accords are for big boys!

I had a guy approach me at random the other day, he said "I have a project Integra that I am doing a B18 LS/VTEC swap on, mind if I look under your Civic's hood?"

I looked at him, stepped a few feet from my car and pointed at the Accord name badge. I told him Civics are for delusional kids that think they can go fast on a stock 1.6L motor and that they felt too small and cheap to me, so I would never own a Civic.

I told him I have a big block 2.2L Honda motor under the hood. I also told him that I like the big block Honda motors better than any of the 1.6L or 1.8L motors in Civics and Integras. "But your motor is only a SOHC" he says, "it has to be weak sauce." I let him know it has more potential than he is giving it credit for, then explained to him I was putting an H22A4 in eventually to replace the F22A6. He asked me if it was hard to swap the F22A6 into my Accord, I told him "no, since it came like that from the factory..."

The whole time he is staring at me with a blank look on his face. He thought for a minute then asked "what's an H22A4?". I told him it's the same displacement with DOHC and VTEC and should put down respectable power without a turbo. *blank stare continues* The I said "it's the same motor as the top of the line Prelude." I saw the gears turning and his expression lit up, but all he said was "oh".

After staring at the SOHC motor for a few more seconds he said "so ... do you want to race?". I looked at him and said "I'm a grown up, but if you can afford a track pass I'll see your Integra at an autocross event." His only response was "well you're a pussy then if you don't want to race on the streets." I let him know, my life/the lives of others and insurance premiums are more important to me than his silly opinion, and he should go find some Civics to play with.

Dumb kid, Accords are for big boys...

Got any other dumb "Honda" fanboy stories? I like to hear them.

{photo of teggy needed}
    Last edited by wildBill83; 12-18-2012, 04:10 PM. Reason: punctuation

I had another story to share:

There is this boy who works as a waiter in my town. He has a 1.5L 95 model DX Civic coupe with a body kit, massive alum wing, fart can exhaust, rattle can paint job, HUGE tach with shift light on the dash, pillar mount gauge pods to monitor voltage and oil pressure, cheap 14" aftermarket alloys with Walmart economy tires on it. Stock everything else.

Now I respect that he has spent money on his car, and that he loves it... But, he talks trash about my accord. He has chased me around town and met me at lights to rev his "powerful" 1.5L motor with a fart can. He thinks that because I don't do the ricer thing and race him to the next light I have no "cajones" as he says.

I would love to see his cheap tires and most likely blown suspension hit the corners my car can without sliding off the road.

I'm all about acceleration, but not to the next red light. I'm also about having real parts on my car, not just making my car look like a fast and furious clone. That's why I spent money on my suspension and wheels first. Acceleration is worthless if you can't stick to the road while accelerating.

I'll just keep on letting him think he is winning the race and keep letting him think his basically stock 1.5L is fast. No skin off my back.

{photo of civic needed}
    Last edited by wildBill83; 12-18-2012, 04:17 PM.

Comment

You race auto cross in Texas? Why not grudge match on the weekend. Stupid kid. Aggressive street driving can only go so far before its improper

Comment

That was my point, but I doubt they can afford the track time. I'll drive aggressive on a twisty lonely backroad with no one around and not really racing or pushing the limits.

I just find it funny that Integra/Civic owners think they have such a "fast" car when really they aren't driving an NSX and they all want to race from light to light in a public setting.

I don't think my Accord is fast either, just to clear the air, but I know she handles like a dream. Being fast is worthless if you can't handle. But the average Accord owner knows their car is more about comfort and quality than just ricing around town. CB7Tuner members for instance seem to be very mature. There are plenty of cars on here that can tear up an average Civic or Integra, but they don't go around challenging folks!

Back when I rode motorcycles I saw the same thing. Some guys with a gixxer 1000 and chicken strips as wide as my palm making fun of a guy with a modded ninja 600. How about the guy who spent the money on correct mods on his ninja 600 could out corner those gixxer 1000 guys and could lap them at the local motohouston track days. Those gixxer guys just bought the 1000cc bike because they see them on TV going fast. Don't get me wrong some of those gixxer guys that don't kill the streets really can get a knee down on the track, but the rest are all hot air.
        Last edited by wildBill83; 12-18-2012, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Not for nothing I think hes a cop trying to set that ass up careful. I seen that happen to someone who was a friend of a friend. He went to race we went there and watched from a distance.

He raced the guy and then the cops blocked him off and threw him in the car kicking and screaming after they cuffed him and drove off peeling out with his shit. Prolly owned them money too could have been the mob or the mafia.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
            could have been the mob or the mafia.
            wat

Comment

i have my stories too, plenty plenty of them

yes people are dumb, and I laugh 100% of the time

we've all done it and its called "lack of knowledge"

in 90% of these cases, if the victim lets me, i try to teach him a few things here and there, so he wont look like a complete idiot

and in one case, 2 of them "ricers" built 2 really nice civic's

the main reason why I do this now, is i got ridiculed once by a group, when i thought i knew my shit once, and at my level it feels really bad

I dedicate my life to the things I know and to know that what I think Im a pro at,
              its just the beginners level to a group of 6 people
              only one of them took the time to tell me that even though i know my shit, I still had a long way to go

prelude and k series owners look at us the same way

the next time, those 10 mins it took you to ridicule him, try teaching him, a couple of things
              who knows you might make a difference
              Last edited by PR CB7; 12-18-2012, 04:56 PM.
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Just to be clear, I have yet to ridicule the guy with the riced out blue Civic. The guy with the Integra, I only ridiculed him after he wanted to street race and called me a name, I did it by letting him know why I thought it was a bad idea and I did not call him a name. I took a decent amount of time to educate him on big block Hondas

I'll go to a track to have fun, I'm not much of a competitive person. Fun for me is racing myself and pushing my limits in a safe setting.

Comment

LOL when I was runinng nitrous on my F22A6 I was going to race a CRX with an LS. The owner of the CRX ask me if he can see what was under my hood So I said yeah. And when I did some other guy ask me "what D series engine was it"... LMAO. I look at him and told him to be quiet...
                  Accord Of The Month January 09
                  Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                  BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

i dont get the "big block hondas" thing... there are tons of b series that will hold up and or beat a well equipped h series vehicle... also, civics and integras are capable of handling great. sure they are more popular so theres a bunch of idiots that own them, but talking trash about them isnt any better than them talking trash about your accord.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                    The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                      Not for nothing I think hes a cop trying to set that ass up careful. I seen that happen to someone who was a friend of a friend. He went to race we went there and watched from a distance.

He raced the guy and then the cops blocked him off and threw him in the car kicking and screaming after they cuffed him and drove off peeling out with his shit. Prolly owned them money too could have been the mob or the mafia.
                      I think that's called entrapment... Dunno; it might be different because the guy was colluding with the cops.

Comment

Entrapment is when a police officer (or someone acting officially on behalf of the police) influences someone to perform an illegal act that they may not have done without that external influence. So yes, if a cop outright challenges you to a race... that is indeed entrapment.

Street racing proves nothing. Drag racing on the street is essentially a game of parallel chicken. The one that decides "that's fast enough" is the one that loses. Otherwise, it's a race from stoplight to stoplight... at which time, the car with the best power to weight ratio and shortest gearing will easily win, regardless of whether or not the car is actually "faster".

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                          i dont get the "big block hondas" thing... there are tons of b series that will hold up and or beat a well equipped h series vehicle... also, civics and integras are capable of handling great. sure they are more popular so theres a bunch of idiots that own them, but talking trash about them isnt any better than them talking trash about your accord.
                          Modded b series maybe, but in stock form ... no, not happening.

Also there is no way a stock suspension on a ragged out car with crap Walmart tires is going to handle great. My CB7 has brand new Koni Yellows and H&R springs and 205/55-R16 Hankook V12's with lighter than stock rims. Now if he had spent his money on suspension upgrades I would not say I could out handle him. Hands down an Integra with good springs and struts can destroy my Accord, but that wasn't the case.

I'm not talking trash about the car, other than I think the civic is a tiny tin deathbox and cheap in my opinion. I'm really talking trash about the owners. I posted earlier that I respect that money was put in the car and I respect the owners love of their car, doesn't mean I need to respect the owner or his choice of mods to look fast or his choice to use public streets as a drag strip.

I like big block Hondas because I believe there is no replacement for displacement.
                          Last edited by wildBill83; 12-18-2012, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                            Modded b series maybe, but in stock form ... no, not happening.

Also there is no way a stock suspension on a ragged out car with crap Walmart tires is going to handle great. My CB7 has brand new Koni Yellows and H&R springs and 205/55-R16 Hankook V12's with lighter than stock rims. Now if he had spent his money on suspension upgrades I would not say I could out handle him. Hands down an Integra with good springs and struts can destroy my Accord, but that wasn't the case.

I'm not talking trash about the car, other than I think the civic is a tiny tin deathbox and cheap in my opinion. I'm really talking trash about the owners. I posted earlier that I respect that money was put in the car and I respect the owners love of their car, doesn't mean I need to respect the owner or his choice of mods to look fast or his choice to use public streets as a drag strip.

I like big block Hondas because I believe there is no replacement for displacement.

just remember all owners arent created equal. do an h swap and run an eg with an itr swap.... let me know how that goes for you.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                            The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                              just remember all owners arent created equal. do an h swap and run an eg with an itr swap.... let me know how that goes for you.
                              You seem to be missing part of my point... But I'll play, if that EG has stock blown suspension, it doesn't matter the motor because they won't make it around an autocross course.... Well not quickly atleast.

My thread isn't about who would win, it's about morons being morons.

One moron thought his body kit, fart can exhaust and big tach makes his 1.5L car a street racer. The other moron called me a name because I didn't want to see him slide off the road driving beyond his limits and car's capability.

I suggested the teggy owner go autocrossing and he gave me a stupid look... I felt it was a good suggestion.
                              Last edited by wildBill83; 12-18-2012, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X