No announcement yet.

R.I.P Daniel (JDMDaniel240)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i took possession of the car today. We took it to my friends farm. His parents are going to let me know what they want to do with it tomorrow

Its sad going through the whole car finding all of his shit

Points to make note of

I hooked up a battery and tried to start it, The starter ran but would not catch
    Upon further inspection the transmission hit the right side of the engine bay and cracked open so the starter is at an angle now

Everything in the car works, minus the turn signals and power door locks ( power door lock control unit is located in the driver door which is destroyed )
    Even the radio works, i hooked my ipod up and played some tunes that he would play, only 2/4 speakers work and the subwoofer is fucked up ( cops ripped it open to check for shit inside... )

Engine may or may not be good, i will have to get under the car to find out

3/4 wheels are good, the front left wheel the spokes cracked from the rim itself. Tires are fine though

F&N type 1 coilovers i think i can salvage as well as the exhaust

The car is pretty fucked up, the driver seat is touching the passenger seat and the roof is an accordion at this point. I think a sunroof model would fare better than a non sunroof model.

I'm not really sure what else to say.

I have a bunch of pictures but i'm not going to post any of them really

Weirdest thing i found was his shoe, the shoe he was wearing that night. Not sure why it was still in the car.

Comment

this is truly sad man. i am so saddened to read what is here in this thread. i hate it when people die young.

this is a very sad moment on here. my best wishes with him and his family and you all that were close to him
      visit vgruk

Comment

I have an idea for what to do with the car because I passed one like this today... Put it near a road with an appropriate sign on it so that others will learn from this tragedy. Maybe you and the family will gain something knowing you prevented others from getting into an accident. I know I wouldn't want to get rid of it right away nor have it sit in my driveway everyday, so maybe park it somewhere else for a while.
        Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
        -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
        MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

I know im new here and dont know any of you personally but my condolences to you and the family... RIP Daniel..
          Looking for a new CB. Sell me yours!

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
            Well i took possession of the car today. We took it to my friends farm. His parents are going to let me know what they want to do with it tomorrow

Its sad going through the whole car finding all of his shit

Points to make note of

I hooked up a battery and tried to start it, The starter ran but would not catch
            Upon further inspection the transmission hit the right side of the engine bay and cracked open so the starter is at an angle now

Everything in the car works, minus the turn signals and power door locks ( power door lock control unit is located in the driver door which is destroyed )
            Even the radio works, i hooked my ipod up and played some tunes that he would play, only 2/4 speakers work and the subwoofer is fucked up ( cops ripped it open to check for shit inside... )

Engine may or may not be good, i will have to get under the car to find out

3/4 wheels are good, the front left wheel the spokes cracked from the rim itself. Tires are fine though

F&N type 1 coilovers i think i can salvage as well as the exhaust

The car is pretty fucked up, the driver seat is touching the passenger seat and the roof is an accordion at this point. I think a sunroof model would fare better than a non sunroof model.

I'm not really sure what else to say.

I have a bunch of pictures but i'm not going to post any of them really

Weirdest thing i found was his shoe, the shoe he was wearing that night. Not sure why it was still in the car.
            When my best friend died in a single car accident. His parents had his truck crushed the next day. Nothing was taken from it, I didnt even want to see it. It was crushed by his brother, who works at the scrap yard.

Comment

Originally posted by uslspct View Post
              I have an idea for what to do with the car because I passed one like this today... Put it near a road with an appropriate sign on it so that others will learn from this tragedy. Maybe you and the family will gain something knowing you prevented others from getting into an accident. I know I wouldn't want to get rid of it right away nor have it sit in my driveway everyday, so maybe park it somewhere else for a while.
              yes u are right that would freak me out but sorry man rip i live in harrisburg pa people are always killed here suicide ,homicide is 90% death by cop is another 2% but man u have to look at it this way,everytime i hop on my r6 i KNOW I PERSONALLY WHAT CAN AND WILL HAPPEN WHEN I LAUNCH OFF IN 1ST IF I DRIVE CRAZY SLIGHTEST BOBBLE CAN KILL ME i would say he died doing what he loved be happy for that ! be happy for his presence that will always be around u ! his car what u have is priceless.it personally would not be in my driveway but hey IMO.........R.I.P.
              Originally posted by deevergote
              This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
              i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                When my best friend died in a single car accident. His parents had his truck crushed the next day. Nothing was taken from it, I didnt even want to see it. It was crushed by his brother, who works at the scrap yard.
                yea thats sad!!!!!! rip
                my homie was murdered last month i still call his phone fucked upp

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                  He cared about me car too much for me to just see it crushed. He babied this car more than I do with my m3. Seeing / knowing all of his ( and somewhat mine) hardwork and money go to waste would hurt me. I'm parting it out and giving away everything for free. I'm not trying to profit him or this at all.

So if his parents do leave me with all of the parts then someone will be blessed with a free set of f&n type 1 coilovers, an f22b Dohc engine and a few other things. They will all be a gift courtesy of Daniel himself.

Comment

Damn.

That's def the right think to do Austin. I'd do it just the same.

I just wish I had an Accord right now. I would love those type 1s.

If you have trouble giving them away, I will take them off of your hands and make a donation for Daniel if there is somewhere to make one.

I do plan on eventually getting a cb as a project when the time is right.

Comment

Tippey if you get the stuff, I trade you valve covers....

Not trying to sound like an ass, reason being:
                      I just purchased an F22B DOHC, and Daniel went round and round on how he wants my Valve Cover.
                      We actually were going to trade. So it has some emotional value to me, if possible...if not I understand.

I do have one I can put in its place. Still saddened!
                      MadLab Racing
                      Southern Maryland

Comment

I think the better thing to do would be to part out the car and give all the money back to Daniel's parents. Money won't take away the pain but it will help with stuff like the funeral. Its not really anyone's stuff to give away and the proceeds would basically be going to the best cause possible in light of what happened. I would feel weird riding around on a dead dude's coilovers that I didn't pay for.

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                          I think the better thing to do would be to part out the car and give all the money back to Daniel's parents. Money won't take away the pain but it will help with stuff like the funeral. Its not really anyone's stuff to give away and the proceeds would basically be going to the best cause possible in light of what happened. I would feel weird riding around on a dead dude's coilovers that I didn't pay for.
                          thats a great plan man ! buring a bidy isnt cheap and show ur resoect that way but man u look young u have a long life
                          ahead of u man god works in mysterious ways ! its really sad but u cant dwell on this for rest of ur life man i know its hard would he want u crying over him? staying inside/? BEING WEIRD HE WOULD WANT U TO CELEBRATE HIS LIFE AS WEN HE WAS ALIVE and remember him the right way !

Comment

Working...
                          X