backpacks used as man purses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
    You carry this with you everywhere? Do you live in Compton in an '80s time warp or something?

I have my wallet (which itself is very minimally packed with my ID, debit card, occasionally small cash, and an index card with notes on it), phone, and keys on me at all times, and that's it. Add an iPod if I'm on bike. I don't understand the need to have anything else on you unless you're out for a specific task that requires extra equipment.
    Yup everywhere, sometimes even my AK pistol No I don't live in compton but these be rough times and you never know when you will need them. Crazy people are everywhere.
    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
      You carry this with you everywhere? Do you live in Compton in an '80s time warp or something?

I have my wallet (which itself is very minimally packed with my ID, debit card, occasionally small cash, and an index card with notes on it), phone, and keys on me at all times, and that's it. Add an iPod if I'm on bike. I don't understand the need to have anything else on you unless you're out for a specific task that requires extra equipment.
      i totally agree, i dont understand why you need anything else other that what you mentioned

Originally posted by Nocture View Post
      I have carried a backpack since middle school until earlier this year. (im 33 years old) lol I carried various magazines (read and unread), napkins, deodorant, loose change, water, lunch... I tried a couple of times to stop using it... but I felt naked without it.

I just thought to myself... why I need all this stuff all the time? I'm a big boy and I could use my phone to see some magazines and if I bring lunch... just put it in a plastic bag.
      exactly lol
      FRIENDS
      DONT LET
      FRIENDS
      ROLL ON
      ROTA'S

Comment

Well its actually a great tool. There is no reason to think that only women need a bag or are allowed to carry a lot of shit.

I have 2 backpacks now, and will be buying a 3rd for my new position, in which I need to carry large files for work(not home, but around the facility)

Its def a good way to carry a bunch of stuff. When I use to skateboard, I lived in a backpack. Wallet, Ipod, tools, snacks/drinks.

I mean it makes sense to carry one around, so im not sure why you'd be surprised. Backpacks aren't only for girls.

Comment

yea my child diaper bag its big used for cough cough lol and yea i carry a p95 everywhere i go sometimes ill throw that in there
          Originally posted by deevergote
          This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
          i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
            Well its actually a great tool. There is no reason to think that only women need a bag or are allowed to carry a lot of shit.

I have 2 backpacks now, and will be buying a 3rd for my new position, in which I need to carry large files for work(not home, but around the facility).
            see, thats a reason to use one, i was just implying that my everyday job has no reason for someone to carry a backpack. i understand theres a couple of things that need to be carried but not to the point to carry a backpack. your job requires to "transport" docs which is fine for using a backpack

Its def a good way to carry a bunch of stuff. When I use to skateboard, I lived in a backpack. Wallet, Ipod, tools, snacks/drinks.

I mean it makes sense to carry one around, so im not sure why you'd be surprised. Backpacks aren't only for girls.
            well its kind of hard to understand some one that doesnt understand when you've lived in a backpack before. you carried the back pack because you needed to carry things around due to you skateboarding (which again is understandable like it was stated in the first post) but this is in reference to everyday joes who dont need to carry much around. like it was mentioned before, all you pretty much need is your phone wallet and keys you dont really need anything else
            FRIENDS
            DONT LET
            FRIENDS
            ROLL ON
            ROTA'S

Comment

Originally posted by mugencivic4dr View Post

well its kind of hard to understand some one that doesnt understand when you've lived in a backpack before. you carried the back pack because you needed to carry things around due to you skateboarding (which again is understandable like it was stated in the first post) but this is in reference to everyday joes who dont need to carry much around. like it was mentioned before, all you pretty much need is your phone wallet and keys you dont really need anything else
              But how do you know they don't need to carry a lot around?

What isn't a lot for you, might be a lot for them.

Do they commute via bicycle? If so, then they probably carry extra parts or at least an extra bike tube and shit.

Maybe they like having some magazines for reading, or a book. Some extra meds for allergies.

I mean just because you don't HAVE to carry anything for YOUR job, does not mean that others don't WANT to carry things even though they DONT have too ya know?

I think it just became a cool thing to do, and people started realizing that they are not only for students, but a valuable tool for making life easier.

A lot of guys carry them in the military, not for work, but because it makes life easier and we like being prepared na mean.
              Last edited by Ralphie; 06-05-2013, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Do they commute via bicycle? If so, then they probably carry extra parts or at least an extra bike tube and shit..
                but that makes sense on why a cyclist (motorcyclist, skateboarder, student, gym member, etc) would carry a back pack tho

I mean just because you don't HAVE to carry anything for YOUR job, does not mean that others don't WANT to carry things even though they DONT have too ya know?
                not just at my job, i just stated that because that where i first noticed it. i should of been more clear and more specific instead of leaving it as a general subject.

I think it just became a cool thing to do, and people started realizing that they are not only for students, but a valuable tool for making life easier.
                yea, i can see that

A lot of guys carry them in the military, not for work, but because it makes life easier and we like being prepared na mean.
                again, their use for the backpack is understandable due to what they do
                FRIENDS
                DONT LET
                FRIENDS
                ROLL ON
                ROTA'S

Comment

but that makes sense on why a cyclist (motorcyclist, skateboarder, student, gym member, etc) would carry a back pack tho

not just at my job, i just stated that because that where i first noticed it. i should of been more clear and more specific instead of leaving it as a general subject.

yea, i can see that

again, their use for the backpack is understandable due to what they do
                  Ya but im not saying the military guys carry bags around with gear in them, so its not related to the military....

just that people use them to carry stuff they would not normally be able to because pants pockets, even cargo/bdu pants wont allow you to hold it all.

Comment

i didnt know that people still wore cargo pants lol
                    FRIENDS
                    DONT LET
                    FRIENDS
                    ROLL ON
                    ROTA'S

Comment

i didnt know that people still wore cargo pants lol
                      Where in Tx do you live?

Does your town have more then 500 people in it?

LOL.

Besides everyday people, the entire US Military is issued cargo pants/tops in different ways.

The Navy has like 10 different uniforms lol, but in the Army we have Class As or dress, and then our ACU's or what use to be BDU, which is Battle dress uniform. Shit is loaded with pockets....

but it's usually not enough, if you like to be prepared for anything.

Comment

San Antonio is a military town, but i was refering to everyday people lol (non military)
                        FRIENDS
                        DONT LET
                        FRIENDS
                        ROLL ON
                        ROTA'S

Comment

did you change your location information?

I could have sworn it was the area code and not written out.

I did 8 weeks in San Antonio, very beautiful city.

The Alamo is sick!

Anyway, yea I have cargo pants dude. Plenty of people still rock teh cargos.

Comment

I sport the cargo shorts
                            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Ralphie!!!! IS THAT SKYFALL IN YOUR BACKGROUND!!!???
                              I wake up in the morning and piss excellence!

Comment

^lol, I've been wondering that for the longest time! It does look similar.

I guess this is where I fall into mugen's questionable attire... I wear cargo shorts, but only because I like the look, lol. Nothing's in that extra pair of pockets 98% of the time.

Regarding the 'average Joe' thing, I don't understand why you'd need to carry some of the mentioned things with you at all times. Like food? I have a high metabolism, and yet I don't crave food all day. Maybe that's why I'm so thin, I don't like eating. Books/magazines... are you expecting to wait around for long periods of time when you're out and about? Sure, I bring a book to the DMV... but that's the DMV and I don't want to be one of those people that complains of the wait as if no one else has ever experienced it. Then there's the toiletries; that's something you do in the morning and is suppose to have you pretty well set for the day. Your body is not going to change significantly in a few hours, and if you're doing something that affects your hygiene in such a way, you should plan your stops better (not going to your suit-and-tie job via an hour-long bike ride, for instance).
                                Last edited by CyborgGT; 06-05-2013, 04:20 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                                X