NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DCB7 View Post
    But the people have spoken who they wanted in there, and to me it's good in terms of a less hate-inspiring face to represent the country to the world (compared to president Bush at least), a diplomat rather than a war man. They might have decided good relations with the world is the most important asset for national security, thus the trip to Africa (and 100 mill. might be less than a month of commercials during the campaign). Maybe we're seeing the era of power by brute force phasing out, so we can get down to some real living, I can only hope. But I don't put my faith in politicians.

So you think we are stronger in the world scene now vs when Bush was in office? Obama has done a crappy job in my opinion. Its interesting that you describe Bush at fault from his era, and that he was "war hungry" but for Obama, hes just a face of a decision and really nothing that is going on has anything to do with him. A "lightning rod" as you describe him to take the heat.

"I see the president as more of a spokesman, and a lightning rod for when things go bad, at best a referee between the people actually calling shots. To me it's good in terms of a less hate-inspiring face to represent the country to the world (compared to president Bush at least), a diplomat rather than a war man"

In the interst of keeping the thread open, and on topic;

So, if this Snowden guy is in "no mans land" as Russia puts it, since he hasn't actually entered their country, why can't we just go get him?

If someone(country) would be upset, isn't that country who we should lean on(since the Russians are being coi) to get him in custody?

Just a thought, but why would the Russians care if he is not on their soil?
    Last edited by toycar; 07-01-2013, 03:21 PM.
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

"war hungry"? lol, you said it not me man. I do think they're doing some damage control though, in terms of brand and reputation

Comment

So now that this thread has had time to simmer and the details of some of this stuff have come out, how do you guys feel about it?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...ms-not-abused/

Audit reports show 2700+ violations in a 12 month period where the gov DID abuse these systems. Not to mention several data collection approaches that were later ruled unconstitutional, and then the data NOT being destroyed.

Its nice to read that a judge actually did say no to these fucks on some things, but, there is way to much information collecting goin on it you ask me.

I am not comfortable with it. The thousands and thousands of inquries of people and nothing really being foiled make it a tall order to swallow and me personally, I just think its all a bunch of bullshit.

Seriously.

There should be laws surrounding information gathering too. The cable company should NOT be able to monitor what you watch so they can put commercials in front of you that they think you would be interested. Just like they shouldn't be recording the shows we watch so they can suggest other shows we might like.

No thanks. I'd rather not deal with all that. For christs sakes, all the different ways that the city, the state, the fed's and the businesses are collecting data, you really dont have any privacy all the sudden. I mean its probably been this way for 6-7 years, but, seriously. No privacy. NONE.
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
          So now that this thread has had time to simmer and the details of some of this stuff have come out, how do you guys feel about it?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...ms-not-abused/

Audit reports show 2700+ violations in a 12 month period where the gov DID abuse these systems. Not to mention several data collection approaches that were later ruled unconstitutional, and then the data NOT being destroyed.

Its nice to read that a judge actually did say no to these fucks on some things, but, there is way to much information collecting goin on it you ask me.

I am not comfortable with it. The thousands and thousands of inquries of people and nothing really being foiled make it a tall order to swallow and me personally, I just think its all a bunch of bullshit.

Seriously.

There should be laws surrounding information gathering too. The cable company should NOT be able to monitor what you watch so they can put commercials in front of you that they think you would be interested. Just like they shouldn't be recording the shows we watch so they can suggest other shows we might like.

No thanks. I'd rather not deal with all that. For christs sakes, all the different ways that the city, the state, the fed's and the businesses are collecting data, you really dont have any privacy all the sudden. I mean its probably been this way for 6-7 years, but, seriously. No privacy. NONE.

but but but but.... toycar how are we going to trace guns that get into the criminals hands....
          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
            but but but but.... toycar how are we going to trace guns that get into the criminals hands....
            Find the bodies?

Who cares-my opinion.

There are millions and millions of guns in the USA. I bet JFK was assinated using just one weapon.

The attacks in America that have been damaging, have all generally involved 1-3 weapons that were legally purchased and will NEVER be illegal. I mean, even if they change the laws today, if you already have it you are grandfathered and that gun just went up in value 10 fold. They cannot just come and take it away though.

Look at automatic weapons and the process to get one nowadays as an example. Transferable firearms are FUGGIN expensive. Thanks to the gov. Outlawing the weapon only created a market for the weapons that the new laws don't apply to. It doesn't take any of those guns out of circulation though. Since there are millions of guns already floating around, changing the laws isn't really going to deal with any of that.

There is NO WAY they will ever be able to account for every single weapon. Its just not possible. So, why do they even care? Seriously. If they cared, they would go on a spending spree and start buying the guns and destroying them. They would take them out of circulation is what I am saying.

Most of the attacks in America have been with guns legally purchased by someone who passed a background check, so, I think that the current approach is merely chasing the problem. This approach will never GET IN FRONT OF IT.

And guns are 1/100th of the reason why they are fucking us over privacy all the sudden. I think. Terrorists dont come to america and then google search how to make a bomb. They don't come here and sell drugs. They don't come here and start a web chat about jihad.

they lay low, stay off the radar and fuck shit up. Usually with some common household items found in most peoples kitchen. They use training from some other part of the world to learn to STAY OFF OUR RADARS.

The rest of the population, we are the ones getting watched. I mean its an easy sell to say that they are doing if for whatever (insert terrorism threat) they want. But those people know how to avoid our system so the notion that their presence warrants the intrusion of privacy just isn't valid to me.

All these years later, 50 attacks foiled, MILLIONS OF PEOPLES PRIVACY VIOLATED.

I bet there were 10 successful attacks today alone. Easily 50 in the month(worldwide)

Comment

Why don't we go get him?

Do you really want to know?

The USA put him up to it!
              I bet he is still in USA, and our allies agree to the conditions!

Close thread. Lol.
              MadLab Racing
              Southern Maryland

Comment

Well I made a post about, no longer having encryption email services because America is really mad at snowden. So mad that even though 100k people have been killed in syria and Russia is supporting the "opposition" (USA supports the Rebel forces). But that did not stop them from being at the Bilateral Summit. But once Snowden was in the picture they no longer want to deal with Russia. OK Whatever dont know why that post go deleted but here is some more news

http://video.foxnews.com/v/262304772...d=928378949001

I meant to add the youtube video here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO9JnoXM7VI

Just saying you guys, my friends whom are Muslim told me USA signed a Billion dollar arms deal with UAE. Just saying you guys. Dont understand why the country is in debt and we are funding military power to people are not our friends and constantly break the Geneva and Nato rules.
                Last edited by 8ball; 08-22-2013, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X