No announcement yet.

stupidest thing you have ever done to your car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wired washer LEDs in without any safety precautions. Ran the wiring from the LEDs right to the battery/switch through the firewall without any grommets or fuses. I'm lucky I didn't have a fire.

Actually, any/all the wiring on the Accord I was lucky I didn't have a fire.

Comment

Type R badges

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq
      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by Boost_Lee View Post
        Type R badges
        Exactly what I was going to say. Smh at myself.
        MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
        1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

My first car, 1995 Plymouth Voyager, blew the radio fuse putting in a hyper white dome light. Then, after I rear-ended someone, I let it sit. Drained the milkshake oil, filled it up and drive it around til it left me on the side of the road.

I think the dumbest thing I did to my CB was either green turn signal bulbs, an alarm with bad door sensors, or my DIY all-red tail lights. God, I hated those things.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

So many I can't judge the dummest.
            1.I have had two electrical fires due to remote wires on amps not being fused and ran directly to power through a switch. Burnt my hands both times yanking a burning wire from the car.
            2.I built a wall of four 12 inch subs in my 91 jdm swapped civic hatch. Between not seeing out the back and being slower than a camry with all the weight that lasted about a month.
            3. I had an 89 cougar with heated springs for a lowered effect. I put rear wheel drive offset 18 inch wire wheels on it. They stuck out about 3-4 inches. Stance! I could not drive over 50 mph.
            ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Not too many. when i was younger i put a fart can on it. Now I won't sport one with out the power to back it up.

Comment

cut giant holes in my back deck to accomodate 6x9 speakers. didnt know 6x9 pods existed. now my back deck has 4 speakers in it
                Last edited by stevediraddo; 11-10-2013, 10:05 PM.

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

Originally posted by cb7 calling View Post
                  1.I have had two electrical fires due to remote wires on amps not being fused and ran directly to power through a switch. Burnt my hands both times yanking a burning wire from the car.
                  why do you need a fuse on a remote wire? I just spliced my remote wire into my stereo harness antenna wire. how much power were you pushing?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                  It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Straight battery power on a 14 guage remote power wire that gets grounded somewhere will melt the sheath.
                    Last edited by cb7 calling; 11-10-2013, 11:20 PM.
                    ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

I'm scared to use a pressure on my bay.. am I the only one?

In my coupe I put power steering fluid in my brake resivor.
                      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

God over the years I've done some dumb shit to get a car home and avoid a tow truck fee.

One time I used a ratchet strap to hold a lower control arm to a knuckle once that had a ball joint bust. Enough of the shaft was sticking out that it would seat on the knuckle so I ratchet strapped that bitch as tight as I could and it held going 15 mph about 11 miles home.

I let my buddy push my dead Talon bumper to bumper style with a tire strapped onto the front of my Dodge like 30 miles to get it home. I mean, we hit speeds of like 50mph. It was stupid, I don't know WTF I was thinking.

I've used a parking brake to get me home once when the brake booster went out-ON A FOOT ACTUATED PARKING BRAKE. Ford explorer, 1998, Little Rock Arkansas. Basically, I pulled the release and held it with one hand and applied pressure as needed with my foot all while driving.

Exhaust fell off, coat hanger that shit back up.

Ditch water for the radiator? Whatever. In 1997-1998, something like that I had no cell phone and was alone on a mountain side. I thought for sure the water had to be clean enough to run in the car. And I was right. Method of deliver? Soaked T-shirt, sprint to the car, wrench out t-shirt and catch as much as possible in the paper funnel I crafted to direct the water to the radiator.

Yeah baby yeah, believe it or not that day in particular, I felt like the motherfucking man when I got home.

FWD only in a 4wd truck anyone? Yeah, been there and done that. U-joint busted on my truck like 4 miles from home. Tied the drive shaft with a rope to an exhaust hanger like a BOSS, engaged 4wd and putted 5mph home.

I ruined a windshield once trying to scrape the bullshit adhesive off after the in transits came off. It was an old POS car with like 15 cracks in the windshield but it wasn't ruined until I shoved my hand through it.

I've caught a couple cars on fire in the past 20 years for various reasons. I had a fire under this lincoln town car back in like 1992 that was caused by a pulley seizing up and the belt NOT being thrown. The belt got hot and caught fire. Crazy right? I've never seen anything like it but it did happen. It was a ribbed pulley that seized too. I've always thought that maybe the tension was loose on the belt and that has something to do with it getting hot and catching fire vs being thrown right away once the pulley froze up.

I ran the wrong size hubcentric rim for a while once. Ruined a wheel bearing in the process. Didn't know anything about the hubcentric ring thing. This was like 20 years ago or so.
                        Last edited by toycar; 11-11-2013, 10:44 AM.
                        Originally posted by wed3k
                        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

father in law told me this story, i totally would have done the same thing

had to drive a POS rustbucket from texas to montreal. about 3 states into the road trip the coilover bursts through the well and the car drops to the ground on one side. after drilling some holes and carefully placing about 30 heavy duty zip ties, the car was able to make it to canada. though the tires had to be rotated every 200 miles..

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

it wasn't me, but a friend of mine took his bagged car to a car show that was in a grass field. It was late summer, so the grass was pretty dry, and without thinking about it, he dumped the car on it's guts right after getting there and his cat lit the grass on fire!

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Oh yeah

Got stuck in a snow storm in Texas, so much so that the snow pulled my rubber exhaust hangers off of my civic, the exhaust ended up dragging the ground and getting damaged. I dragged the exhaust home for 1000 miles into the asphalt. Finally it broke off near little rock AK, fucks given... 0

Comment

Either a toss up between turning my cigarette lighter into a push botton ignition. It was great until my friends kept jacking my lighters and then I had to hot wire my truck. Or when my grandpa told me to put ATF in my engine to clean it out. I believed that old ass. Ran it for about 20 minutes and then flushed the engine again. Worst part is the engine just so happened to be a 5M-GE. If that engine hadn't blown up I'd still have that old car...
                                '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Working...
                                X