Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lesson Learned Too Late - Wear Eye Protection!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear you're recovering so well, Paul!

It's likely that you'll adjust to the distorted view in time. It's amazing how the brain can compensate for distortion in vision. I've been looking through severely scratched glasses for over a year now, and I no longer see the scratch. I used to notice it... but it's as if it disappeared! I know that's not really comparable to what you're going through... but still. Here's to hoping you adjust to it (or heal further) soon!

Comment

It still amazes me how just a little protection can go a long way and it only takes microseconds to get seriously injured.

Good to hear that you're at 98 percent

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Hey man glad to hear you're doing better. After the last time we talked I meant to check how you were doing but I was super busy with classes the last couple months. Hopefully you get everything straightened out!

The Facebook group

Comment

Time flys! One year anniversary of having the iris prosthesis installed is next Tuesday. Had the one year follow up for the study today. The doctor said it looked good. He found two sutures still in the cornea - no wonder my eye has been a little irritated and red for a while! Unaided vision has remained pretty stable, 20/70; with their lenses got it to 20/16.

Be safe out there!
          Last edited by Fleetw00d; 09-19-2015, 09:01 AM.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Wear a monocle, Mr. Fancy

Comment

I have noticed that there are many lessons to be learned if you don't wear protection...
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Had a scare last week - I noticed a hole in my central vision, mostly looked gray, but in certain situations I could make things disappear, handles on cabinets would disappear and my brain would fill in the area with what looked like the wood from the cabinets. Doctor did a retinal scan and said it looked the same as it did last April. The next day it had cleared up.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Strange. Maybe now you have magic powers?

Were you doing anything physically or mentally taxing recently?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Did the grey look kind of like television static? Cause I get that. It will start small and grow taking up a portion of my vision with static. Doctor doesn't know wtf it is. I hope your eye is okay though. Did you get a monocle yet?

Comment

Once I noticed it, it was normally just gray, fuzzy around the edges. It was just left of center vision; if I looked at a speed limit sign, the left of the two numbers would be grayed out. With colored surfaces, my brain would tend to fill it in with the surrounding color. It cleared up a day later and is back to just the normal distortion I've had since the repairs. No need for a monocle, I have a contact lens for the left eye that gets the vision to about 20/25 for distance and I use reading glasses on top of that for reading (duh!). Right eye is corrected for extreme nearsightedness (20/1200?) with a contact as well.

Comment

That's wild, sir. I'd get a monocle, cane, and top hat. Mr. Peanut style.

Comment

My son texted me Saturday "Happy Eye Day" reminding me it has been 6 years since the injury. Earlier this year, I developed another gray spot in my vision. The doctor didn't think it was related to the injury, but a type of macular degeneration (leaking blood vessels behind the retina). They now have a treatment, direct injection (yes, a needle poked into the eyeball! I can see the spray of liquid internally in my eye) of a chemotherapy type drug to shrink the blood vessels. I have had about half a dozen now spaced with a month or more between. The spot disappeared within a few days of the first injection, but the regimen calls for a year. Vision remains at a distorted 20/25 with a contact lens.

Be careful out there!
                          Last edited by Fleetw00d; 11-25-2019, 08:12 PM.

Comment

6 shots to the eye, every month for a year..... Sounds like torture, even if it doesn’t hurt, just the thought of a needle and my eyeball makes me cringe.
                            ~Nick~
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I won't lie, i still think about this story every time I debate wearing eye protection. (Yes, I then go get eye protection). I can't believe it's been 6 years...., feels like this happened last year.

Comment

I often think of this as well. Along with just not being able to see ever again. I also go get my safety glasses or face shield.

Glad to hear that this hasn't caused any long term damage.
                                MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Working...
                                X