Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call me crazy. But I want to do this. What would your crazy build be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After owning a miata, I want one of these... .http://exomotive.com/exocet/

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisiced View Post
      After owning a miata, I want one of these... .http://exomotive.com/exocet/
      Then LS1 swap it.

That is a lot of money for only 30% weight reduction, but I guess they strengthen it in all the right places to make it a great handling car.
      Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

The LS1 has been done before but I think it's overkill. 30% reduction may not sound like much but when you crunch the numbers I think it's pretty meaningful. Starting with a 2200lb miata, you would drop to 1540. The stock miata motor is only putting out 130. A cheap turbo setup to get you to 200 and it would feel like a rocket ship. Going LS1 would put you well over 300hp in a 1540lb walmart shopping cart. I would imagine it would drive very sketchy when you try to push it to the limit.

While cost is definitely a factor, if you had the ambition to put it together yourself you could build one of these boosted with aftermarket suspension for less than $10k. The biggest cost being the frame itself.

Of course I'd probably rarely take it to the track, but summertime cruising in one of these looks to be awesome. Sadly, I don't currently earn enough to build one of these and maintain all my other bills.

Comment

I have rode in an LS3 FD3S and an LS1 FC3S. Both were pretty cool. Handled shitty compared to my Turbo II FC3S at the time but still neat none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisiced View Post
            The LS1 has been done before but I think it's overkill. 30% reduction may not sound like much but when you crunch the numbers I think it's pretty meaningful. Starting with a 2200lb miata, you would drop to 1540. The stock miata motor is only putting out 130. A cheap turbo setup to get you to 200 and it would feel like a rocket ship. Going LS1 would put you well over 300hp in a 1540lb walmart shopping cart. I would imagine it would drive very sketchy when you try to push it to the limit.
            Remember there is already a 1200lb shopping cart pushing 500 hp, the Aerial Atom 500 with the V8. But you would be right for the in-experienced, handling these would be one hell of a challenge.
            Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

More power only helps you when accelerating in a straight line. Less weight helps you everywhere. Acceleration, braking, cornering, fuel economy...

"Simplify and add lightness" - Lotus

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Alternative Build:

'90 TEAL DX COUPE

-k24 supercharged / 6 speed lsd trans / Hondata s300 / 2.5" manifold back
                -Neuspeed race / Bilstein custom valved / Ingalls camber kits / new bushings
                -Pierce Motorsport 4 point trunk brace, front 3 point strut, front tie bar/skidplate
                -Progress rear sway / extended top hats
                -Carbon fiber hood, doors, trunk paint matched
                -12 gallon fuel tank / battery relocated to rear right side of trunk
                -s2k gauge cluster, hid retro, ap1 wheels on Dunlops
                -5 lug roh, nsx caliper swap
                -Teg Type-R front seats / reupholstered rear seats / all black interior panels
                -Momo Montecarlo 350mm steering wheel / quick release / short hub / lock
                -Old school bulb type christmas lights lining roof, hardwired to dash switch

Comment

I've been thinking lately (... well, to be honest, this is always on my mind) of what I'd like to build after the Accord is done. Two constants have always remained very high in my automotive tastes: Mustangs and straight-six engines.

Picking a body style is the tough part, my favorites being the 67/68 fastback, 69 fastback, and 98 Cobra (when you're a car guy and therefore don't leave a car stock anyway, the Terminator engine doesn't justify the New Edge body, imo). Power-wise, the first-gen would probably get the new Coyote 5.0 swap, and the Cobra would simply be supercharged.

Lately, though, the Fox body coupe (not the hatchback, which is heavier and not as rigid) has been really growing on me. The independent rear end from the New Edge Cobra is a bolt-on to any Mustang from 1979 to 2004; handling is a must on anything I own, so that would be the first project. But what engine? Most would probably call blasphemy, but I'm thinking 2JZ-GTE. Godzilla's RB26 would be the cooler option, but for the sake of parts availability I'd stick with something we were offered in the States. It's more powerful than any V8 the Fox was offered (and most SN95s, for that matter), and can stand more cylinder pressure in stock form than I ever intend to squeeze into it. I haven't looked into it, but I would think it's lighter as well. Plus, I get that beautiful straight-six soundtrack I've always adored.

^ Note the trunk sticker

http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/07/2jz_mustan/

Accord Aero-R

Comment

^^^ That's just awesome...

Comment

Working...
                    X