Fun daily driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun daily driver?

Z is killing me with gas and speeding tickets. I drive 25K miles a year and even with gas prices dropping I'm still spending a lot of money on gas. I'm debating coming back to the Honda fold... anything from an Integra to a 6th gen to an 8th gen CSi. But I feel like I should look outside too. I was thinking about an MKV GTI but realistically they are too problematic. My only requirement is that the thing has 4 doors, stickshift, can hit the 15s in the quarter with mild bolt ons and gets a legit 25+ MPG combined, since I am pretty much on the nose for combined fuel economy with my Z. Dont really wanna spend more than 10... ironically, the newer the better as I'd rather finance it, at least over next year, then sell the Z to build up the down payment on my house faster. Same time though a cheap beater could work fine too as long as it saves me gas. Going from the Z to something like a 6th gen Accord would save me $1500/yr

Any ideas, Im fucking stumped

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

CB7, duh. silly.

dirt cheap, plenty of them around, pennies to repair and insure, easy as legos to fix, and meets all your criteria. plus, its reliable and attractive, and plenty comfortable and fun to drive.

Hmmmmmm?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

lol speeding tickets......don't drive like an idiot? Then you'll save money on both your points there.
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

SRT-4. FWD, 4 doors, good in the winter, runs a 14 flat, and gets 30 if you keep your for out of it.
        '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

I have a mazda 3 hatchback. 5 speed, 2.3 liter, 160hp, 4 door. Great gas milage.
          My Car
          FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

I think the problem you'll find is that it's hard to go from DD'ing a nice newer car to something older and not as nice. Just thinking going from a Z to an integra would be tough. I feel this way when going from my new car to my DD beater.

Comment

After my last CB, I think I am turned off from them completely. I mean I still love them, but I could never bring myself to buy one again. Wifey would freak as well, having flashbacks of helping me push the CB off to the side of the road from a bad ground connection. Plus its been a while since I've ridden in 6th gens, but from what I remember they were like a million times more refined than the CB.

Z is not very refined or upscale at all. The gas is a pain but what really kills me is the road noise. Can't even listen listen to the radio without having to turn it up a ton. 70-80 miles a day commuting, that shit takes a toll. I think even an Integra sedan in decent shape would be an upgrade on that front. The interior is super cheap and mine is 11 yrs old.

My only gripe with the 6th gen is the dash. I find it to be really, really, really ugly, especially in that awful "baby poop on carpet" brown on beige color that is popular. Aside from that it looks good though. Wouldn't mind buying one and immediately swappign in an H23A blue top. The 7th gens are another option but I find their exteriors to be really ugly and I can't do the coupe.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
                I have a mazda 3 hatchback. 5 speed, 2.3 liter, 160hp, 4 door. Great gas milage.
                I have been thinking about these as well. I'm not too hot on them but I at least want to drive one.

Comment

07 civic si sedan.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

if youre looking at a 4-cyl 6th gen, thats basically the same thing as a CB, just shaped/styled differently, with more expensive components attached to it (extra O2, cat, etc). My brother drives a '99 V6 and still says he liked his 91 EX better. I know the feeling. Just sayin'.

Personally I went for a '99 CR-V though its not going anywhere fast....

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I feel like the 6th gen is safer too which is kind of key. Going to be starting a family in like 1-2 yrs. IDK Im just not feeling CBs. I mean I still love em but from a distance. If I got something that old it would have to be something like a Prelude or MR2 or something.

Comment

Accord v6, manual 8th gen...but I'm biased. High 13s stock. Got about 500 miles to a tank, roughly 17 gallons. Maybe you can find one cheap. or a 7th gen

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Apparently here you can drive a 4-wheeler on public roads if it came with a title and you pay $25 for the liscense plates. Nothing says fun like near death, and 60mpg!
                          Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

acura cl type s 6mt.

i love mine. its just like a 6th gen accord, but more refined and a little nicer. i got mine for 6k. has given me almost 0 problems and ive put 35k miles on mine in a little over a year.

best mpg so far was 31mpg highway. drove 1k miles that day.

plus almost all the parts are interchangeable between a 6g coupe.
                            COUPE K24

Comment

8th gen Civic Si or 1st gen TSX; both go for 10k, give or take a bit depending on condition. TSX probably has that upscale-ness you're looking for. Either way, those K engines respond very well to bolt-ons, and stock MPG's should be around 30.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                              X